Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
cheeky_monkey

Last Book You Read or Film You Watched?

I didn't mind love actually 😂 the worst from that lot is probably battleship imo, one of the batmans or gangs of new york being the best.

Saw liam neison in a movie it was on channel 4 saturday it was called TAKEN.I fell asleep first half,second half was better but brutal,first time I`ve seen it.

This was a much better movie first time seen this,this british actress always seem to be in creepy roles,grim.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071523/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Edited by Snowyowl9

polar on netflix

pretty scenery but a totally dog biscuits storyline. even a very odd addition of matt lucas couldnt rescue this bloodbath of nonsense.

I saw that one too, didn't think it was quite as bad as the critics said i mean it's suppose to be way out there.It was quite entertaining silliness just don't expect much from it.

On 07/02/2019 at 07:48, Ross90 said:

I didn't mind love actually 😂 the worst from that lot is probably battleship imo, one of the batmans or gangs of new york being the best.

gangs of new york would have been top notch if it wasn't for Leonardo Di Crapio being Sheet 🤢

been watching Punisher on netflix  very good.  Awaiting the new film depicting venus and serena Williams dad   even though the casting of Will smith to play the father has caused a twitter storm.  (nothing new there then)

This is quite an intro.

On 06/03/2019 at 12:50, weirpig said:

been watching Punisher on netflix  very good.  Awaiting the new film depicting venus and serena Williams dad   even though the casting of Will smith to play the father has caused a twitter storm.  (nothing new there then)

Shame they cancelled it... been watching daredevil and thought it was pretty good.Much better than i expected although my expectations were low as i was comparing it to the film.

Saw triple frontier the other day, was it expecting it to be typical big names/big budget rubbish but it was actually pretty good.

Currently reading Happyslapped by a jellyfish by Karl Pilkington, very good so far, and a bargain at only 60p from the charity shop. I think I may pick up some of his later books

Just finished reading “All the light we cannot see” by Anthony Doer. An absorbing and quite emotional read.

About the book
Marie-Laure LeBlanc, the .daughter of a locksmith, has been
blind since the age of six. Her father builds a perfect miniature
of their Paris neighbourhood so she can learn to navigate her way home. But when the Nazis invade, father and daughter flee, carrying a dangerous secret.

Werner Pfennig is a German orphan, destined to labour in the same mine where his father died. But then he finds and repairs a broken radio and suddenly life blares with possibility. His talents win him' a place at an elite military academy, but can he pursue his dream whatever the cost?

Hundreds of miles away in a walled city by the sea, an old man listens to a long-lost voice and discovers new worlds without ever setting foot outside his home. And yet impending danger will not allow him to remain shut in for ever.

Set in a Europe increasingly engulfed by war, in which lives collide unpredictably, All the Light Cannot See illuminates how, against all odds, people try to do good. It is a captivating tale of courage and •sacrifice, and a devastating elegy for innocence

Watched the  "Kings Speech" the other night,  seen it once before, but a brilliant film  all the same.

11 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

Watched the  "Kings Speech" the other night,  seen it once before, but a brilliant film  all the same.

Never seen it mate, which (given my well-know antipathy toward inherited power) is hardly a surprise. Though, undoubtedly, it has received nothing but excellent reviews.

At the mo, I'm combining watching Parfum on Netflix with reading Stuart MacBride's The Blood Road -- neither of which, would I call 'snowflakey'...Quite the opposite in fact!

Posted (edited)

Actually  I read now The Book of Kahlil Gibran "The Prophet».In the book of Khalil Gibran "Prophet" you can read about the prophet Almustafa. Over 12 years he lived in the foreign city of Orphalese and now decided to return home. It is interesting story for me, so I decided to write literature review essay about it. Sometimes i got college essay writing help

Edited by fujiwara

Read Storm of Steel by Ernst Junger, good book on WW1 from the German perspective.