Sign in to follow this  
cheeky_monkey

Last Book You Read or Film You Watched?

Just finished Damn his Blood the first book by Peter Moore It's an account of a double murder in a quiet Worcestershire village in 1806. A compelling read which evokes the Georgian period well. And I'm half way though his second book, The Weather Experiment, which is about the evolution of meteorology and weather forecasting from around this period onwards through the 19th century. Also very interesting and well researched.

Just finished brave new world by  Aldous Huxley   not a bad read   but still playing second fiddle to 1984

Oh! Mr. Porter.

yeah yeah some of you will shout out Shite but it's classic, mild humour, and pleasing to watch. I grew up watching a lot of Will Hay. 

Surprised hubs when I downloaded it.

34 minutes ago, Dami said:

Oh! Mr. Porter.

yeah yeah some of you will shout out Shite but it's classic, mild humour, and pleasing to watch. I grew up watching a lot of Will Hay. 

Surprised hubs when I downloaded it.

I used to love watching Will Films, way back when - I had an odd sense-of-humour for a teenager.

i tried to watch a cam version of the new halloween film but couldn't tell mike myers from my elbow 

Just nice to have a laff with out it being vile and disgusting and trying to offend. 

Produced by STV in 2009 and broadcast yesterday evening on PBS America, The Scots Who Fought Franco, which was mainly an interesting compilation of archived footage and interviews with Scottish brigaders.  It was more a snapshot of Scottish social history than a history of the Spanish civil war, but a good antidote to QT.

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 16:26, Snowyowl9 said:
Now this is my kind of movie,never seen it before,a little gem.

The young girl has the most intelligence in these situations,the adults are just plain dumb.

Jim Davis from dallas is a good actor though.

Modern movies and TV have this fast moving edit problem and its going to get much worse.

As for remakes of death wish 2 the original sequal wasn`t very good to begin with lol.

1 hour ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Modern movies and TV have this fast moving edit problem and its going to get much worse.

As for remakes of death wish 2 the original sequal wasn`t very good to begin with lol.

lol yes and i hate shaky cam to, sometimes the editing is so fast, you can't make out what's going on

MARVEL's The Punisher...

How odd, that after all those years spent going cross-eyed over logarithm tables, the Punisher's name is Frank Castle!😱

4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

lol yes and i hate shaky cam to, sometimes the editing is so fast, you can't make out what's going on

First new recent movie I`ve seen in months but what a snooze fest,and a global warming nonsense hit piece.

Downsizing 

1 hour ago, Snowyowl9 said:

First new recent movie I`ve seen in months but what a snooze fest,and a global warming nonsense hit piece.

Downsizing 

seen that on sky, not worth watching then?

Not exactly on topic but I've just finished listening to a series which I downloaded which ran on R4 recently. It was Intrigue - the Ratline and specifically about Otto von Wachter and the mystery surrounding his death in Italy in 1949, Really fascinating and interesting stuff narrated by Philippe Sands, a human rights lawyer.