Radar
Snow?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't watch that stuff these days without thinking of Harry Enfield or Paul Whitehouse! :lol:       

Compliance! :shok:  True story allegedly! Could not believe what the staff did to that poor girl, just because they were told to do so by a prank phone caller pretending to be a police officer! Onl

Sounds racy! Saw Dark Skies..........spooky  Dawn of the planet of the apes, it had talking apes in it but it was onions

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Barracoon: The Story of the Last. By Zora Neale Hurston.

MOBILE, Alabama, lies at the raggedy end of the American mainland, amid a boggy landscape of swamp and forest where five rivers empty into the sea. The air smells green, and secrets lurk in the creeks, rills and tree-shrouded coves. Buried somewhere in the muck of Mobile Bay is the burned wreck of the Clotilda—the last ship known to have brought slaves from Africa to America.

One of those slaves was named Kossula in Africa, but became Cudjo Lewis in Alabama. Over three months in late 1927 and early 1928 he was interviewed at his home by Zora Neale Hurston, who later won acclaim as a novelist. Cudjo was among the last survivors of the Clotilda, and thus among the last living Americans to have been transported as a slave. Hurston described their encounters and his life in a book, “Barracoon”. The name refers to the barracks in which captives were kept before their buyers took possession of them.

“Barracoon” is now being published for the first time. How it came to languish for decades in an archive, and its place in Hurston’s embattled writing career, are interesting stories in themselves. Because of its extraordinary circumstances, Cudjo’s own story is highly unusual among accounts of American slavery. It is also heartbreaking.

An interesting book and an invaluable contribution to history and culture but not a comfortable read.

The cheater seen that years ago plenty of them on TV.

Last movie I watched as its an 80`s movie lassie should know this one National lampoon`s class reunion.

That one woman is scary.

Edited by Snowyowl9
6 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

The cheater seen that years ago plenty of them on TV.

Last movie I watched as its an 80`s movie lassie should know this one National lampoon`s class reunion.

That one woman is scary.

think i've seen all national lampoons

How about a couple of 80`s horror movies for a Friday night.

C.H.U.D 2 which I have seen before and Sleepaway camp which I have never seen before,seen the 2 sequels but not the first until now,well I wasn`t expecting that.

On 25/05/2018 at 16:39, Snowyowl9 said:

How about a couple of 80`s horror movies for a Friday night.

C.H.U.D 2 which I have seen before and Sleepaway camp which I have never seen before,seen the 2 sequels but not the first until now,well I wasn`t expecting that.

Lifeforce is hilarious:rofl: British 80's horror, so bad it's bad