• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't watch that stuff these days without thinking of Harry Enfield or Paul Whitehouse! :lol:       

Compliance! :shok:  True story allegedly! Could not believe what the staff did to that poor girl, just because they were told to do so by a prank phone caller pretending to be a police officer! Onl

Sounds racy! Saw Dark Skies..........spooky  Dawn of the planet of the apes, it had talking apes in it but it was onions

Posted Images

Maleficent, it had a horny Angelina Jolie in it. :shok::girl_devil:

A family favorite that one!

I know not a film as such, but the trap door i had in my status the other day. Wonderful and witty.

Jonas Salk: a lfe by Charlotte DeCtoes Jacobs. Excellent and easy read. Reminds one of the scourge of polio and the huge problems that went with the first use of the vaccine in 1954 and the sheer logistics of vaccinating 2m children. Why Salk never got a Nobel Prize remains a mystery.

It's trailer of  the film version of a book I read as a teenager. Managed to source a DVD.

It's the story of a young girl who had the horror of watching her father die after being shot and how she coped with the aftermath.

Funny how films are so different  to the books..the actual author wrote the film and she missed out so much.

But still very watchable and quite sad in places.

Edited by Dami

Red Dawn :rofl: 'Heroes are made in America' :rofl: Plot, a group of teenagers are trained by an ex army douche bag and fight to save their home town from invading North Korean soldiers :rofl: HOW DID THIS HUGE STEAMING PILE OF DO-DO GET MADE! Let's face it, teenagers aren't the most reliable citizens in an emergency and training them to handle bombs, guns and onions, could prove to be slightly tricky. This really was a piece of crap and I ended up on the side of the North Koreans! :shok::oops:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Jack Taylor: An Irish detective series based in Galway, it's a wee bit dark; and one episode handles the systematic abuse of young women by RC nuns...Not very nice at all!

Edited by Ed Stone

Anyone watched ted 1 & 2 :whistling: ,very funny but.....,naughty :crazy:

Jurassic world was a good watch for me,i feel it was the best one

waiting for the second Avengers,seems to take ages for the dvd :lazy:

Anyone watched ted 1 & 2 :whistling: ,very funny but.....,naughty :crazy:

Jurassic world was a good watch for me,i feel it was the best one

waiting for the second Avengers,seems to take ages for the dvd :lazy:

I thought Jurassic World was average :ninja:  Third highest grossing film of all time at the moment, so clearly people agree with you Allseasons :ninja:

I haven't seen Ted 1 or 2 , 1 is supposed to be good wholesome family fun (joking) and 2 is onions, so I've been told.

I saw The Night Crawler :good: and the Maze Runner, which I thought was going to be a film about corn :doh:  :cc_confused:

watched terminator Genysis the other week..drivel..going to watch the new fantastic 4 with my son on Saturday..hoping for something better but I doubt it.

Nothing fantastic about the totally pointless new Fantastic Four film and I agree with Terminator, what a confusing mess, I think it may have terminated the franchise, hopefully he won't be back.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Nothing fantastic about the totally pointless new Fantastic Four film and I agree with Terminator, what a confusing mess, I think it may have terminated the franchise, hopefully he won't be back.

yep you cant keep re writing the end of the world and the rise of the robots and just moving the end date to fit in to make another movie and then spend the whole movie trying to explain that what happened last time and the time before etc did not really happen at all..and so on and so forth.

Edited by cheeky_monkey
  • 3 weeks later...

Just started watching Iron Man 3 and, I must say, the 'plot' is hugely original: a master criminal attempts to take over the world. As yet, it's still early doors (10 minutes!) I haven't yet worked-out whether he/she is ex-KGB/FSB, a disgruntled former member of the CIA, MI5 or the French Foreign Legion..I might have eliminated a newly-reanimated ex-dead Nazi from Argentina, however?? 

Bring on The Man From U.N.C.L.E:D  :D  :nonono:

Edited by Ed Stone

Just started watching Iron Man 3 and, I must say, the 'plot' is hugely original: a master criminal attempts to take over the world. As yet, it's still early doors (10 minutes!) I haven't yet worked-out whether he/she is ex-KGB/FSB, a disgruntled former member of the CIA, MI5 or the French Foreign Legion..I might have eliminated a newly-reanimated ex-dead Nazi from Argentina, however?? 

Bring on The Man From U.N.C.L.E:D  :D  :nonono:

That's what i liked about it, the fact that the villain was a recently reanimated ex dead Nazi from Argentina who was originally born in Swindon :oops: spoiler alert!

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Just watched a few star treks, the old cast. Some of my favourites, such as the 'voyage home' and 'the final frontier.'  

remember when they came on the cinema and there were people in their star trek costumes, it was all  fun.

The new ones are good too, makes a change considering I find 're-makes' can be awful.

Edited by Dami

Yes agree the original cast star trek is great,star trek voyager I watched too.

Last movie I just watched as a tribute to a great horror film director.

The only suitable clip I could find for family viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RipViXY-P0

IMO the best movie he did.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Yes agree the original cast star trek is great,star trek voyager I watched too.

Last movie I just watched as a tribute to a great horror film director.

The only suitable clip I could find for family viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RipViXY-P0

IMO the best movie he did.

It was his best film, seriously creepy. The first Scream had a great opening sequence but the rest of the film couldn't match it. Never knew he was ill.

It was his best film, seriously creepy. The first Scream had a great opening sequence but the rest of the film couldn't match it. Never knew he was ill.

Yes one of the first movies I rented back on video I still have it on video cassette,first video I rented was pale rider.

It was a movie along with Friday the 13th that would never be shown on bbc/ITV or channel 4.

And they still havn`t been shown because how gruesome content.

The remakes been shown but they are rubbish forgettables.

Friday the 13th part 6 and 8 have been shown on bbc.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Yes one of the first movies I rented back on video I still have it on video cassette,first video I rented was pale rider.

It was a movie along with Friday the 13th that would never be shown on bbc/ITV or channel 4.

And they still havn`t been shown because how gruesome content.

The remakes been shown but they are rubbish forgettables.

Friday the 13th part 6 and 8 have been shown on bbc.

I haven't seen the remake of Elm Street, is it that bad? Did Wes Craven have anything to do with it? There are no DVD rental stores on the high streets anymore around here.

I haven't seen the remake of Elm Street, is it that bad? Did Wes Craven have anything to do with it? There are no DVD rental stores on the high streets anymore around here.

As a stand alone movie its ok I guess I`ve only seen it once so that says alot,the original always sticks in your mind probably my 9th time I`ve seen it,part 2 was poor elm street 3 and 4 very good.

The great times of rental videos great selection back then of some really obscure movies,can`t even find then now on the net.

I remember seeing this rare on ITV scared the pants off me at the time.

Edited by Snowyowl9

As a stand alone movie its ok I guess I`ve only seen it once so that says alot,the original always sticks in your mind probably my 9th time I`ve seen it,part 2 was poor elm street 3 and 4 very good.

The great times of rental videos great selection back then of some really obscure movies,can`t even find then now on the net.

I remember seeing this rare on ITV scared the pants off me at the time.

Saw three 'horrors' recently. Magic starring Anthony Hopkins.........a ventriloquist who is made to do terrible things by his dummy. :blink2: It was okay.

The Collector, which is about a serial killer who collects stuff, :D  a bit far fetched but watchable. 

Hatchet 2, which was so over the top with its gore and violence, it ended up being funny, maybe the reason why it hasn't been banned. It doesn't help that the mutant killer's face looks like a deformed cornish pasty. Not a film for the squeamish. :bomb: 

The last two books I have read are

The book of you - Claire Kendal.

A woman is being persued by a colleague who won't take no for an answer. She is selected for jury service but soon sees a parallel between her situation and the case.

Very scary and gave me nightmares

The Expats - Chris Pavone

Husband gets offered a lucrative job in Luxembourg, so the wife jumps at the chance to leave behind a double life and start anew. So she reinvents herself as an Expat wife, with coffee

mornings, play dates but the arrival of another American couple start her wondering who people really are.

Very well written and boy does he hit Expat life on the head. Lots of twists and turns and you won't guess the ending. Only fault was that it skips time frames and it's tricky to keep track of what date you are at.

Edited by Cakie