• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't watch that stuff these days without thinking of Harry Enfield or Paul Whitehouse! :lol:       

Compliance! :shok:  True story allegedly! Could not believe what the staff did to that poor girl, just because they were told to do so by a prank phone caller pretending to be a police officer! Onl

Sounds racy! Saw Dark Skies..........spooky  Dawn of the planet of the apes, it had talking apes in it but it was onions

Posted Images

Ken Follett's Edge of Eternity. The last of the Century trilogy following on from Fall of Giants and Winter of the World. Very well written and brilliant intertwining of disparate stories. Some trilogy's can be read as separates books but not this one; best read in order.

Not bad at all, Jax.

I've just finished watching The Girl Who Played With Fire. Better in the original Swedish, too.

Finally watched it to the end and not a bad film all told.

I tend to enjoy the original films rather than remakes and hate it when they try and dub them.

A good example of a 'bad' remake is Nikita and The Assassin

Why I'm Sick -- Literally -- of Shaky Cameras.
Why I'm Sick -- Literally -- of Shaky Cameras.
Just watching this now for the first time,unwatchable if this is the case,extreme quick editing also.
:mellow: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/graham-milne/shaky-cameras_b_1380069.html
Anyone watching with a 50 inch screen good luck with that,migranes are ready.
Even in Hollywood, an unsteady camera used to be lambasted as the shoddy workmanship of a bad direct
Another movie battle LA.

The first hour of The Hunger Games had me longing for a barf bag -- which I'm certain wasn't the intention of Gary Ross or his director of photography. (Luckily once Katniss and Peeta reach The Capitol the camera settles down a bit.) I could not watch at least half of The Bourne Ultimatum in the theater.

The camera did settle down and it was very watchable afterall,the first half hour was the worst.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Many will be waiting for the release of this.

a bit filmed just near me (not the snow scenes) looking forward to it coming out. Looks like they are going back to the old style.

Recently finished "Gone Girl" loved it until the end. I won't give the ending away but it was not my ending

Watched the new Hunger Games film today, pretty good. Less action than the last 2 but still interesting.

Recently finished the book "Thinking, Fast and Slow", by Daniel Kahneman. Fantastic book, delves into the oddities of the human decision making process and makes you realise how easily influenced our decisions are and how utterly illogical we can be when we think we're completely reasonable. Will probably have to read it again to take it all in, but 100% recommended.

• Like 1

Children of the Dark: Life and death underground in Victoria's England by Alan Gallop.

Although I've read a fair bit about the working and living conditions of the working class in Victorian times  it never ceases to appall me. It's interesting to reflect on the fact that whilst the campaign to abolish slavery was gaining momentum the hundreds of thousands of slaves in Britain were virtually ignored.

X-Men Days of future past

Turned out to be a rather good film (if you take out the time travel elements and just go with the flow)

• Like 1