Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Thanks for the warning, Malcolm. Have you tried Peter May's Entry Island?

Funny enough I was looking at it the other day Pete but bought Val McDermid's The Skeleton Road

Edited by knocker
  • Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't watch that stuff these days without thinking of Harry Enfield or Paul Whitehouse! :lol:       

Compliance! :shok:  True story allegedly! Could not believe what the staff did to that poor girl, just because they were told to do so by a prank phone caller pretending to be a police officer! Onl

Sounds racy! Saw Dark Skies..........spooky  Dawn of the planet of the apes, it had talking apes in it but it was onions

Posted Images

I have bagged a DVD of The Sweeney for a £1 (legit) so will watch that again later this week, also have an intresting looking film called "A Birder's Guide To Everything" to watch this week (no, I have not heard of it before either, has Ben Kingsley in it though).

The Hunt For Red October was on Film 4 last night, seen that film many times and read the book (which is better) but still love it, had to pause it so I could watch Dr Who, sad really as I have it on DVD anyway.

Started to watch Captain America -The Winter Soldier last night, exciting stuff so far.

The Hunt For Red October was on Film 4 last night, seen that film many times and read the book (which is better) but still love it, had to pause it so I could watch Dr Who, sad really as I have it on DVD anyway.

Started to watch Captain America -The Winter Soldier last night, exciting stuff so far.

quite an appropriate film that jax considering your bathroom extractor issues :).....

The Skeleton Road by Val McDermid. Brilliant and interesting book. Not least for the ackowledgements.

This book has its roots in the achievements of two very different but equally remarkable and genuinely iconoclastic
women - the late Dr Kathy Wilkes, Philosophy Fellow at St Hilda's College, Oxford, and Professor Sue Black, head of the
Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification at the University of Dundee.

These things tend to pass you by.

Currently reading Tasmanian Aborigines: A history since 1803 by Lyndall Ryan. Yet another blot on the Empire.

And finished it yesterday, very good, have a few days left to watch it again :)

quite an appropriate film that jax considering your bathroom extractor issues :).....

You mean the leak/damp issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the 2011 remake of 'The Thing,' which was made in 1982, which is in itself a remake of 'The Thing From Another World' made in  1951, which was based on the 1938 novella, 'Who Goes There?'........PHEW! The 1951 alien turned out to be a cabbage/plant thingy :cc_confused: The 1982 version  was the best and very gory and creepy! This remake was okay compared to other remakes, it had a good atmosphere, some gruesome effects and a good performance by Elizabeth Winstead, but still not a patch on the 1982 John Carpenter classic!

Just watched the 2011 remake of 'The Thing,' which was made in 1982, which is in itself a remake of 'The Thing From Another World' made in  1951, which was based on the 1938 novella, 'Who Goes There?'........PHEW! The 1951 alien turned out to be a cabbage/plant thingy :cc_confused: The 1982 version  was the best and very gory and creepy! This remake was okay compared to other remakes, it had a good atmosphere, some gruesome effects and a good performance by Elizabeth Winstead, but still not a patch on the 1982 John Carpenter classic!

I watched the 2011 remake of the thing a year or 2 ago and can`t remember anything about it shows how whats the point of making yet another remake to the classic 1982 version,seen the original black and white classic which is better to the last of course,but the 1982 one is a by far the most memorable to date 10 fold,saw it on ITV when it first showed mid 80`s and couldn`t believe the gory special effects was uncut,the strongest language was cut.

The old movie books in the late 80`s put the black and white as the better rated version.

Remember seeing this for the first time on the BBC late at night it was shown(recorded it),this was uncut strong for a 15 rated movie at the time.

Edited by Snowyowl9

watched Maleficent tonight

fantastic film, new twist on an old story that will tug on the heart strings.  It begs to be watched.

watched Maleficent tonight

fantastic film, new twist on an old story that will tug on the heart strings.  It begs to be watched.

Saw the trailer to Maleficent Jax! Like the look of it, will give it a go!  Saw the original Evil Dead again, haven't seen it for years, it was banned for 20 years, don't know why, it is all too over the top and stupid to offend! The violence is cartoonish and ott too ! However, it did frighten me when I saw it as a child! , Evil Dead 2 was much better though!

I watched the 2011 remake of the thing a year or 2 ago and can`t remember anything about it shows how whats the point of making yet another remake to the classic 1982 version,seen the original black and white classic which is better to the last of course,but the 1982 one is a by far the most memorable to date 10 fold,saw it on ITV when it first showed mid 80`s and couldn`t believe the gory special effects was uncut,the strongest language was cut.

The old movie books in the late 80`s put the black and white as the better rated version.

Remember seeing this for the first time on the BBC late at night it was shown(recorded it),this was uncut strong for a 15 rated movie at the time.

The black and white version was atmospheric and so was the 1982 version!  The remake was okay, but nothing special!