Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
cheeky_monkey

Last Book You Read or Film You Watched?

im sure there was a thread for this but couldn't find it?..anyway last book 'The forgotten soldier.'...last film Skyfall

I've been watching 2012 for a week now; it's a struggle...I'm a few chapters into Dean Koontz's Odd Apocalypse...

Last film at the cinema was also Skyfall (I don't get out much!;-) At home it was Mission Impossible, ghost protocol.

Book was *room* by Emma Donoghue.

I'm part way through:

Not really watching films as such just now but I am watching the everybody loves raymond box set although when I get them I will be watching lord of the rings extended editions (on blu-ray) and then the hobbit

Last book I read was 'A street cat named Bob' by James Bowen. I'd seen them both on a few TV shows discussing their story. It certainly opened my eyes up to homelessness and how it affects the person.

I'm not a big film watcher - the last time I went to the cinema was to watch 'The Kings Speech' however, I couldn't resist watching 'The Goonies' on TV a couple of weekends ago. It doesn't matter how old I am, I still love watching it Posted Image

Last book I read was 'Eat Pray Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert. The type of book I would want to write myself if I was able to. The last film was actually 'Private Benjamin' - it still makes me laugh after all this time Posted Image

Actually i watched Ferris Bueller day off last weekend..and night at the Roxbury...

Just started Stephen King's 11.22.63...For some reason, folks think that the day before the first ever episode of Dr Who was screened had relevance? Och well; it takes all sorts. 2012 is still on hold!Posted Image

I am currently Reading Quintin Jardine novel Inhuman Remains - I have a habit of picking up a book and if I like it enough, reading everything that author has published, this is currently my 31st Quintin Jardine crime novel in row inter-spaced with some Bill Bryson for light relief. Posted Image

Have a feeling my next author may well be James Herbert, have read his books up to the mid 1990s many times over but never anything after that, so sad to hear of his death a couple of weeks back.Posted Image

My sister and I had a collection of James Herbert books back in the 80's and maybe afterwards. Mum still has them I think stored at her house. Yes, very sad news thatPosted Image

Fiction. Life of PI by Yann Martel and non-fiction re-read The Poisonous Cloud by L. F. Haber. Films aren't really my thing.

I've just finished, The secret diary of Adrian cat. It was free on my Kindle, so that's my excuse. Posted Image

Last night I added to my Martial Arts movie collection and watched "Emperor and the white snake" and "The Warlords".

i revisited Pulp Fiction and Snatch at the weekend..both still great films 2nd time around.

• Like 1

Book....................Wicked by Jilly Cooper. Fantastic insight into Independent Education, and surprising yet compassionate knowledge into the less fortunate

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon last night, has some of my favorite martial art fight scenes in it.

Just finished 2012; I haven't seen anything as bad as that, for a while. What a load of rubbish!

• Like 1

That's 11.22.63 finished. Not bad at all...

Book = The Mammoth Book of Antarctic Journeys

Journal entries from all the different explorers, research groups, etc., fantastic and inspiring read.

Movie = The Shock Doctrine

Based on the book by Naomi Klein. It's about disaster capitalism, whereby sudden "shocking" events can cause a population to be more accepting of radical changes that they normally wouldn't tolerate. In this case, the focus is on the ushering in of free market policies while populations are in a state of shock, with examples from around the world examined...

Just watched District 9: far superior to 2012, I must say; and a must for all those obsessed with immigration...Posted Image 

Almost finished Martina Cole's Broken, which is not for the faint-hearted!

Finally got to watch this on IFE last week and it's actually very good!

I always like watching The Wicker Man around May Day.

• Like 2

She by H. Rider Haggard...