Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Gloriously sunny but breezy day 9c not bad!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Its weird seeing puddles in shaded areas still frozen at 2pm on 2nd of April!

• Like 1

Posted

Its weird seeing puddles in shaded areas still frozen at 2pm on 2nd of April!

And breaking ice in ponds to help the frog spawn underneath! A very slow breakdown of the cold this weekend as the front struggles to move west to east across Wales could well have leading edge wet snow at the end of weekend as slowly less cold air comes in ,the front could well give a good covering over hills of Wales. Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Feels ok in the sun but that wind is still bloody freezing !

• Like 1

Posted

-5c dawn to 10c this afternoon. Strong warm sun, cold wind with low DP and RH.

• Like 1

Posted

Ive noticed today there has been a lot of static electricity, I comb my hair and I hear crackling and I touch the radiator and I get an electric shock! I would presume the low dew points and humidity is what's the cause of this.

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted

Another beautiful day here with practically clear blue skies all day, if a little chilly for the time of year although at least the sun is now strong enough to lift the temperature a bit. I can't say I'm too enthusiastic about the models today with the return of low pressure even if it will mean warmer weather, but on the other hand a pattern change is probably needed if we're finally going to get a decent summer. If the current setup was to continue, the chances are the jetstream would move further north as we approach summer and we'd end up in the path of a string of Atlantic lows again. If the jet can take a more SW-NE track then hopefully it will move north of the UK as spring progresses and send those depressions out of the way.

Posted

Tiny snow pellets here,any snow forecast? It looks really full,the wind is biting ,currently 2 degrees even though it feels more minus 2 !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Snowing lightly here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

3.8C here and small snow flakes blowing in the wind!

Posted

Tiny snow pellets here,any snow forecast? It looks really full,the wind is biting ,currently 2 degrees even though it feels more minus 2 !

Yes a few light flurries possible through the afternoon across Wales, more in especially for the SE though.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Big temperature fluctuations today with the cloud/ sunny intervals, 2c up and downs in just 10 minutes or so!

High so far 7.8c.

Posted

Sunny and made 9c max.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Some flakes here too earlier. Still very cold. Looks like rain and milder Atlantic weather from next week though.

Great! Can't wait! Fields around me could do with more waterlogging!Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Some flakes here too earlier. Still very cold. Looks like rain and milder Atlantic weather from next week though.

Yes first it was weekend turning milder ,then it was Tuesday now it"s Thursday will the milder wet s westerlies ever get here?Posted Image Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Yes first it was weekend turning milder ,then it was Tuesday now it"s Thursday will the milder wet s westerlies ever get here?Posted Image

Yes first it was weekend turning milder ,then it was Tuesday now it"s Thursday will the milder wet s westerlies ever get here?Posted Image

Nope wrong again rain monday!Posted Image

Posted

Looking lovely tomorrow for a lot of places in Wales tomorrow with light winds and sunny conditions! Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Posted

Looking lovely tomorrow for a lot of places in Wales tomorrow with light winds and sunny conditions! Looking forward to it!

Might get to double figures in the sunshine. Would be the first time in almost a month - it'll seem warm when (if!) we return to seasonally average temperatures. Heating bills for the last 6 months have been ridiculous, all months below average some significantly so.

• Like 3

Posted

-8c which could well be the coldest April night I have ever recorded!

• Like 1

Posted

Min -8.5c definitely a record April low! Quite a few Winters have not been this cold!

• Like 2