Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

The temp broke 30c here in Ystrad Mynach at 12.10pm. The hottest day by a long way. I think 32c will be broken here easily today.

James

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Seems high what equipment you using? 27.7c on my Davis vantage vue currently, just about the hottest of the year to date.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

I think you might be right. At this rate it will be 35c lol! I don't know, my parents got it for me and after moving house I lost it but found it this morning and fired her up! :)

Posted

No storms for most of Wales today just cooling off tomorrow, then a dry, warm and largely sunny week to come again.

Wales officially broke 30c yesterday say Met Office

Wales also saw its highest 2013 temperature with 30.2 C at Llysdinam.

Looks a little bit cooler for the next few days though still very warm, low cloud could suppress temps along Western coastal areas though.

Posted

Not anticipating the west coast low cloud or mist to be widespread just patchy and occasional, some places escaping altogether and not a problem at all after Wednesday!

http://forum.netweather.tv/blog/309/entry-4650-weather-guide-monday-15th-to-sunday-21st-july-2013/

Edited by TonyH
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yes another very warm humid day and temperatures at 10pm still at 20C.

Posted

I asked the question about 10 days ago about the prospects for this good/excellent weather continuing right through August.  I see that the METO 16 - 30 day outlook have today slightly changed their wording from a 'more changeable conditions spreading further south at times into August' to a 'southern areas seem rather more likely on balance to hold onto the fine and settled and sometimes warm weather, although there is an overall increased likelihood that rather more unsettled and cooler conditions may spread southwards at times'.

I realise that at some point this hot spell will break down but for those of you on this forum who understand synoptics, weather charts and projections do any of you have any idea of the prospects for Pembrokeshire in particular through August.  It seems a fairly good bet that there won't be anything like the amount of rain around that there was last year or indeed the cold temperatures.

Thanks for any indications you can give.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

I asked the question about 10 days ago about the prospects for this good/excellent weather continuing right through August.  I see that the METO 16 - 30 day outlook have today slightly changed their wording from a 'more changeable conditions spreading further south at times into August' to a 'southern areas seem rather more likely on balance to hold onto the fine and settled and sometimes warm weather, although there is an overall increased likelihood that rather more unsettled and cooler conditions may spread southwards at times'.

I realise that at some point this hot spell will break down but for those of you on this forum who understand synoptics, weather charts and projections do any of you have any idea of the prospects for Pembrokeshire in particular through August.  It seems a fairly good bet that there won't be anything like the amount of rain around that there was last year or indeed the cold temperatures.

Its very hard to tell at this current date, however we should have a better idea of what the weather will be like for the start of August by next week...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Hows everyone enjoying this fine spell? We have had many clear nights in this spell which gave me the opportunity to take pictures of the stars which is another other passion/hobby of mine! The first image is a my house with a star trail composed of 70 image showing the north star (top right) with the plough (bottom of image).The video is just those 70 images placed in sequence showing how the stars are moving (well we on Earth are orbiting which make the stars look like they are moving). For best viewing watch in HD and in full screen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umVUMgvi51w&feature=youtu.be

post-17320-0-47773600-1373935088_thumb.j

Edited by Panayiotis
    • Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Sun rising over Aber yesterday:

• Like 5
    Posted

The weather is fair atm but a lot of tweets are going around with a breakdown of this weather around 30th of July.

Posted

Expect a 30c somewhere across Wales this afternoon, already 27c in places inc here, it reached 30c in Powys last Saturday.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Some pretty high towers going up to the east of Swansea.  Think the forecast maybe spot on in regards to thing possibly going BANG later

Posted

Max 29.1c hottest this summer, trawsgoed max 28c, according to @DerekTheWeather 30c possibly at Bute Park.

Edited by TonyH

Still 28.5c currently.

Barely a drop of rain all month but as the 12z GFS shows this month could end up above average for some amazingly if we have a wet thundery breakdown.

Posted Image

From what the models have been showing lately Wales could be the hotspot for storms in any breakdown.

Edited by Bobby
    • Like 1
    Posted

Yeah but thats a week away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

21.4C at 11.47pm, Warm!

Posted

26c so soon! 30c very likely..