Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

hmmm,  I know where the new leaks are now.........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

laminated flooring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blocked street drains, diverted through my garden and house - b@ll@cks!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Most intense thunderstorm I have witnessed round these parts for a few years. Who'd have thought it would happen in October? That storm I'd have expected at the end of the July hot spell...but hell it was worth the wait.

• Like 2

Posted

Hello, Wrecsam Council?  Can you come and clear this really blocked gully before Monday? No, Oh, I see, its Friday afternoon - which means?  Do you do sandbags?  Oh, I see, no.  So if my kitchen floods due to blocked gullies, are you legally liable?  Which to be fair to the really nice lady I spoke to, who tried every single phone extension she could to help me, she could't be expected to answer that one.  So, four bags of compost are now making do as temporary sandbags and I will keep going out to unblock the gully as best I can.....

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Time to prepare thenPosted Image

, and batten down methinks. These models mean that with all the info at least we can be prepared here on our farm, and hope that the storm passes without incident. ( I love a good storm, but like most weather extremes it can be just a tad inconvenient when farming!)

Posted

Time to prepare thenPosted Image

, and batten down methinks. These models mean that with all the info at least we can be prepared here on our farm, and hope that the storm passes without incident. ( I love a good storm, but like most weather extremes it can be just a tad inconvenient when farming!)

Expect warning to become red hope everyone keeps safe and nobody parks there car near trees .

Posted

Expect warning to become red hope everyone keeps safe and nobody parks there car near trees .

Not sure it will for Wales, looks like worst of winds will be along the south coast of England. For Wales, southern coasts and especially towards Bristol channel would be worst on current track, plus the west of Pembrokeshire as the winds veer NWerly. Assuming current track which takes over Mid Wales (strongest winds therefore 100-150miles south of that) , then I'm not expecting too high wind speeds here, but possibly some unusually low barometer readings. The lowest I've recorded in the last two years was 974.9mb on 18 April 2012 so that should be under threat. 

• Like 1

Posted

First signs of the first cold spell across the UK the first week of November ,Northern blocking tries to get established.Posted Image

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Just amazing how windy it's been today, the leaves are being ripped off the trees!

Pete

Posted

looking at Rain radar looks like the rain is about to hit us in s Wales, I hope we don't get the wind as bad as they say, its pretty wild out there now but hate it up here its very exposed and not nice at all when it gets very wild. anyone know if it may swing further south so we wont get as bad as they thought?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I'm in Carmarthenshire, between Llanelli and Carmarthen and I've heard people saying that it will be bad - although I can't see it myself. I'm expecting a lot of rain though. Can't see these 80mph gusts that have been predicted though! Think it'll be Bristol channel and further south that will get these bad winds, myself! 

Hopefully someone with better knowledge of the data and actually knows what they're talking about can either back me up or at least shed some light for us!

Posted

Just amazing how windy it's been today, the leaves are being ripped off the trees!

Pete

Yes windy out today and lots of heavy showers. There seem to have been a few fallen trees reported, for example bbc travel shows the A485 is currently closed between Llanilar and Llendrod due to a fallen tree. This isn't related to the much-hyped storm forecast for tonight, which may or may not affect parts of Wales badly depending on the final track. Pressure here is steady at the moment, but I don't think it is forecast to drop until close to midnight.

Posted

just been reading on another thread and some saying it seems like this could very well be further south than first thought,  I hope they are correct don't mind the rain for quite a while but don't want them winds. so lets hope some of the experienced guys on here in other sections are correct.

Posted

I can't see wind being a massive problem for Wales. There will be strong gusts (around 60mph) on the south coast but we've seen worse before now. Rain could be a problem for SE Wales but this depends on the exact track of the low, it'll be close.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I'm in Carmarthenshire, between Llanelli and Carmarthen and I've heard people saying that it will be bad - although I can't see it myself. I'm expecting a lot of rain though. Can't see these 80mph gusts that have been predicted though! Think it'll be Bristol channel and further south that will get these bad winds, myself! 

Hopefully someone with better knowledge of the data and actually knows what they're talking about can either back me up or at least shed some light for us!

Pembrey had an 81mph gust last night, doubt it will top 60mph tomorrow.

Posted

As expected very little wind here overnight, pressure dropped to 980.7 at 3am, now rising rapidly. So either low wasn't that deep or we were north of the eye here.

Posted

Im glad to say the wind did not do what the experts said it would, why did the experts on tv get this so wrong? even late last night they said our area of south wales was going to be hit and using words that would make people panic. it was much worse in this area yesterday morn than through the night. I Understand it may be difficult to predict exact track but to close bridges public transport etc even before the event just does not make sense to me.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Relatively quiet night, we thankfully missed the worst of the weather here, my only concern is that the general public may not take the next warning as seriously after the media overload we seen this weekend.

• Like 2