Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

This thread is surprisingly quiet seeing there has been a deluge for the last couple of hours.  Our works car park looks like a moat

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Yes a lot of rain fell here in Cardiff however it was expected to last much longer! More rainfall tonight then I think we are far from it after Friday for a few days!

Posted

wet and grim tonight. but so mild these last few days! 

winter should be lots of fun!

• Like 1

Posted

Been away all week so no idea if we had any thunder in this part of the world, but what has struck me this week is how warm the nights have been, it hasn't dipped below 10c so far this month and the last two nights have had a min of over 15c, which I would consider warm in August, let alone October. Mild weather looks set to continue for the forseeable and it is a real boost not to be spending anything on heating at the moment. Having said that I would be disappointed if we don't start to get some frosts etc towards the end of the month.

Posted

Been away all week so no idea if we had any thunder in this part of the world, but what has struck me this week is how warm the nights have been, it hasn't dipped below 10c so far this month and the last two nights have had a min of over 15c, which I would consider warm in August, let alone October. Mild weather looks set to continue for the forseeable and it is a real boost not to be spending anything on heating at the moment. Having said that I would be disappointed if we don't start to get some frosts etc towards the end of the month.

Yes big changes on the way Mike with the bloody central heating going on from Thursday onwards lol,and the first snow over Scotland high ground by the weekend.

Posted

Yes big changes on the way Mike with the bloody central heating going on from Thursday onwards lol,and the first snow over Scotland high ground by the weekend.

Yes I posted "mild for the forseeable" just before the models did their mighty flop last week and started showing the coming cold weather. Just goes to show that the "foreseeable" isn't very far ahead in forecasting terms.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes European weather is cooling down atm plus USA looking pretty cold interesting if this heralds an early start to winter Posted Image

Posted

Can't believe where this year has gone thought I would pop on the forum and it is starting to get busy already ;), the wind was howling here last night and it was blinking freezing Posted Image

Posted

A week ahead forecast for Wales can be seen here. Written by me, so check it out and feedback would be appreciable. Thanks

http://cymruweather.webs.com/week-ahead-forecast

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted

The outlook for the end of October seems to be milder than of late and changeable. 

Allsorts of predictions coming - there does seem to be an indication from more than one direction of blocking being a significant factor this winter. 

Posted

Week ahead forecast for Wales has now been updated! Check it out at

http://cymruweather.webs.com/week-ahead-forecast

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Looks like a very wet period of weather coming up for Wales this week - annoyingly my rain gauge isn't working but I'd expect some hefty totals over the next 7-10 days. We've had quite a bit of rain here the last couple of days, nothing exceptional but a change after the last few months which have been so dry.

Edited by mikeocarroll

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

20mm in the past 4 hours still pouring, it was still dark at 8am.

• Like 2

Posted

Not much more since.

Posted

Do any1 know what type of winter we having or is it to early to say coz 1 news paper said cold + lots of snow then some1 told me it's wet + stormy

Does anybody know what this week's lottery numbers will be because if they do I would be really grateful if they would share?

Posted

Met office warnings issued for Monday for Wales - for wind in the south and rain in the north:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1382918400&regionName=wl

Confidence is low (it's still 3 days away and track/intensity of low is very uncertain) but potential impact would be high if most extreme scenario occurred.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Mild day outside (less warm inside) with thundery showers just starting.  Not looking forward to Monday - rivers and drains pretty full at the moment.  Will move potentially blowy overy things to shelter under the wall.  Have stocked up on candles, gas cannister, logs as, at the moment, our local substation prone to fuse blowing at the drop of a leaf.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

cricky! Thunder, lightning, hail and hail and hail - horrible!