Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Pleasant weather here again today, there've been a few occassions this summer when we've had better weather over here than they've had in (eastern) England. Looks like ending with a wet and windy interruption come Sunday:

Posted Image

That'd be interesting in the middle of winter. Very autumnal nevertheless.

Posted

Pleasant weather here again today, there've been a few occassions this summer when we've had better weather over here than they've had in (eastern) England. Looks like ending with a wet and windy interruption come Sunday:

Posted Image

That'd be interesting in the middle of winter. Very autumnal nevertheless.

Yes Mike our firsy Autumn storm this Sunday A day for cuddling up to a good book or a good woman whatever you prefer.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

Im BACK Ya'll - so what that means is that the Winter cant be too far away!  So.......whats your predictions this winter for us in South Wales?

I don't know about the winter, but the second half of this month is looking like it will turn hot and sunny, which will be a positive in my opinion after the cold and wet weather of the last few days. Be nice (and cheap) to have the heating off until a bit later into the autumn. Winter will come in its own good time, whether cold or mild we will just have to wait and see.

Im BACK Ya'll - so what that means is that the Winter cant be too far away!  So.......whats your predictions this winter for us in South Wales?

My guess is December to start followed by January and then February. Posted Image

Beyond that no one really knows this far out.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

My guess is December to start followed by January and then February. Posted Image

Beyond that no one really knows this far out.

Haha but I think November should be included looking at current signals..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

in the long range ECM charts yesterday there were already signs of -10 uppers over Russia....that needs to be watched....

Edited by Snowmadsam

Posted

well its been a while since I posted on here, nights drawing in fast guys and only 90 days until xmas, I wonder if we will have a mild wet winter or a cold snowy one. lets just hope we don't have to put the heating on for a few more weeks as I read today there is going to be a 8% rise in gas prices.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

I remember the 16th+ 17th of jan this year when we couldn't type in this forum quick enough with the impending snow that was forecast. I cannot believe how quickly we will soon be back to those short winter days and long winter nights. here's hoping for another cracking winter again!

• Like 1

Posted

well its been a while since I posted on here, nights drawing in fast guys and only 90 days until xmas, I wonder if we will have a mild wet winter or a cold snowy one. lets just hope we don't have to put the heating on for a few more weeks as I read today there is going to be a 8% rise in gas prices.

Yes the second half of Sept has been a real boost not having to have the heating on in the hotel here, some really mild nights (min of 15.5c on the 22nd, but still a pretty decent 10.3c last night). Personally I'd prefer if it stays that way through Oct and then goes cold from November onwards. First frost is always exciting though, has been mid-Oct here the last 2 years, wouldn't be surprised if we had the same again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

does anybody else think that with the mild weather expected to continue for a few more weeks, that winter this year is just going to hit us in the face this year or could we be in for a mild winter?

Posted

does anybody else think that with the mild weather expected to continue for a few more weeks, that winter this year is just going to hit us in the face this year or could we be in for a mild winter?

anyone,s guess right now way to early to call what sort of winter we will have as far as I see it.

Posted

anyone,s guess right now way to early to call what sort of winter we will have as far as I see it.

I know that, we cant even call whats going to happen in 2 weeks let alone in a few months time Posted Image . i'm just trying to get a little conversation going with peoples hopes and expectations for this winter......its been way to quiet in here of latePosted Image Posted Image 

Posted

3 out of the last 4 winters have been pretty good. This year we've had a great winter,decent spring, fantastic summer - seems like we've got our seasons back to me at long last.

I'm backing a mild Winter to the middle of December a cold snap over the Christmas period followed by prolonged periods of cold in the New Year. Based on nothing more than the fact we've had some of the best winters for what seems like decades to me in the last few years and Andy's confidence in snow  mobiles as a business proposition.Posted Image

Posted

3 out of the last 4 winters have been pretty good. This year we've had a great winter,decent spring, fantastic summer - seems like we've got our seasons back to me at long last.

I'm backing a mild Winter to the middle of December a cold snap over the Christmas period followed by prolonged periods of cold in the New Year. Based on nothing more than the fact we've had some of the best winters for what seems like decades to me in the last few years and Andy's confidence in snow  mobiles as a business pr

I used to live in penpedairheol and if it snowed, we all go on the green on St Davids close and jump our sledges off the manhole drain thats there. good times. may even take my kids there this winter if we have another good winter

Posted

I used to live in penpedairheol and if it snowed, we all go on the green on St Davids close and jump our sledges off the manhole drain thats there. good times. may even take my kids there this winter if we have another good winter

therers another regular poster on here John who also lived in Penpadirheol - actually in the same street I live in - but now lives up the road in Glifach. Nice to know theres a few of us "locals" who can relate to the local conditions we all experience and report.

Posted

therers another regular poster on here John who also lived in Penpadirheol - actually in the same street I live in - but now lives up the road in Glifach. Nice to know theres a few of us "locals" who can relate to the local conditions we all experience and report.

What used to amaze me is that we could be having snow and ystrad mynach would be having rain...........weather is an interesting topic!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Listen out for thunder Jayne

Posted

Interesting times ahead could have some fireworks in the next24hrsAlso Interesting times ahead concerning low solar activity how it will effect  the winters to come ,with very low solar activity happening we could well see the jet stream go south for the winter with a more northerly flow ,sending our west to southwest winds over Spain.We need to see if ocean phrase El Nino or a La NIina occur,These cause mild or cold phases that effect the weather all over the World.

Edited by keithlucky