Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

All the storms again across the Midlands zilch for most of Wales again!

A TORRO CONVECTIVE DISCUSSION has been issued at 22:45GMT on Saturday 27th July 2013

Valid from/until: 22:45 – 18:00GMT on Saturday 27th July/Sunday 28th July 2013 for the following regions of the United Kingdom & Eire:

SW England

S and parts of mid Wales

THREATS

Isolated tornadoes; wind gusts to 50mph; CG lightning; hail 10-20mm diameter

SYNOPSIS

Unstable south-westerly airflow will move into the area overnight and remain in place on Sunday. Overnight tonight, shear will be fairly weak so severe weather is unlikely. During Sunday, diurnal heating should allow for a few hundred J/Kg of CAPE to develop in a region characterised by increeasing vertical wind shear.

Further scattered showers and thunderstorms should develop during Sunday. Vertical shear is likely to increase through the day as an upper trough approaches from the south-west. The shear should be sufficient for some organised convection, mainly in the form of multicells and small lines, wind some marginally severe hail and wind gusts. However, some updraught rotation is possible, especially in the afternoon, and a low-end tornado risk appears likely. The activity may spread into parts of central southern England and the Midlands later, and into the evening. A watch may be needed through the day and into the evening if convection develops as expected.

http://www.torro.org.uk/site/forecast.php

Looks good.

Edited by Bobby

Unless your in North Wales Posted Image

A chance up there too later. Torrential downpour here, satellite signal lost, gone dark as night. No thunder though looks like there should have been. Darn storm shield needs turning off.

From UKWW, darkest red areas most at risk for storms.

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Heavy showers today but no fireworks:diablo: close but no cigar

Yep round two tomorrow hopefully we can get a rumble of thunder not too much to ask for is it !?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Been torrential downpours off and on for most of the night and morning here. Heard a rumble of thunder earlier at about 7.About 20mm overnight.

Yes very heavy showers for much of the night with a rumble of thunder earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I'm back in Wales thisafternoon so hope there are still storms around then for me to catch one as when we had one in London I missed it because I was in the cinema :(

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I'm sure I've just heard 3 rumbles of thunder here in Cardiff.

Posted

One rumble earlier easy to miss it.

Posted

One rumble earlier easy to miss it.

Yes Tony you must sort out your tummy must be hungry lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

I also heard one rumble earlier in the day Tony, probably the same one you heard :)

Looks like turning pretty wet tonight and tomorrow

MetO:

This Evening and Tonight:  Showers fading away later this evening and becoming dry for a time with clear periods. Thickening cloud overnight will bring rain through the early hours, which could be heavy at times, especially in the south. Minimum Temperature 12 °C.

Wednesday:  A cloudy day with outbreaks of rain, locally persistent and heavy for a time. Hill fog too. Becoming drier from the south later, though a few showers. Feeling increasingly humid. Maximum Temperature 23 °C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Gosh this rain is coming down in North West Wales - torrential rain but feeling warm and humid outside.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Bonjangle, August 1, 2013 - Just a test to get use to being in here most of my dam life ...lol
Hidden by Bonjangle, August 1, 2013 - Just a test to get use to being in here most of my dam life ...lol

Test

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

And so we enter August.... I wonder if this year it'll be another monsoon season.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Would love that storm now coming into the SW to keep its intensity and hit us here, don't remember the last good storm I had!

Posted

Just had a rumble here in Bridgend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Just heard a bit of thunder. Thunderstorms to the east.... and to the west of here looking at the radar