Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

26c so soon! 30c very likely..

26.8C at 10.42am, a low of 18C last night ! Bloody warm !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

26c so soon! 30c very likely..

Will we get a 30 in Ceredigion today you reckon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Porthmadog is at 30.9C (as of 2pm), we will probably exceed 31C by the day's end!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Porthmadog finished on 31.4c, max 30.1c here, but it felt unbearably hot at Aberystwyth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Aye, way too hot. Never seen such a long queue for ice cream on the promenade.

Posted

Feels quite different this morning. Quite a cool North Easterly breeze with a lot of (broken) cloud. The cloud is fairly low and is obscuring the top of the mountain, haven't seen that for a while. 1st morning in a long time without clear blue skies. Thermometer says 20c at 08:25 but feels fresher than that.

This, in my opinion, is the best summer I've experienced since 2003. Long dry and sunny spell at the start of June. Then a bit of a mix but no wash out before this stunning 2 week plus (to date) hot and sunny period. 2006 in my eyes was concetrated to an extremely hot 2 week spell (during which I was on holiday in Greece - typical!).

Something unusual I've noticed since the start of June which is in complete contrast to recent summers and is quite unusual. Early June Wales and more so West Wales was the sunniest place in the UK and during this spell on numerous days Wales has seen the highest temperatures. Thanks to the position of high pressure I believe.

• Like 1

Yes a different feel this morning with low level stratus about, not seen that for a while

Looks the first storms could get going tomorrow night, early hours

ECM   NMM Posted Image

Then things look getting really lively Monday afternoon

ECM

Posted

Unbroken sunshine once again not a cloud in sight already at 24C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

The last time I saw this sort of storm potential was in the early 70s when a storm produced golf ball sized hail, flash floods and strong winds. The hail damaged cars, greenhouses and conservatories and I think we may see the same next week so take care folks.

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by TonyH, July 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by TonyH, July 23, 2013 - No reason given

v

Edited by TonyH
Posted

Do we have a shout at Thunderstorms in the North? Or are they forming below us and moving towards England? I guess it can all still change aswell

Just watch things drift away to our East as masses of colossal superstorms batter England leaving just bits and pieces of drizzle and light rain for us. Some signs lately. Looks promising though still.

RainyNWales, yes as long as things don't go far too east North and South should get some storms.

Edited by Bobby

Posted

Well we can hardly complain after 3 weeks of it.

Posted

It's not looking great for storms across the coasts and southern parts, mid wales northwards looks like seeing the best chance for storms

Posted

Finally have some rain after over 2 and a half weeks of it being dry

none here yrt, but would love to have a storm tonight. look over the bristol channel and wouldd love some decent lightening..had little bit earlier but nothing since. 

Posted

none here yrt, but would love to have a storm tonight. look over the bristol channel and wouldd love some decent lightening..had little bit earlier but nothing since. 

looks like a pile of hefty looking dare I say it "thundery" looking showers are heading for south wales right now - lets see if they have the legs to get from Exeter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Just had a short, but heavy burst of rain here in Cardiff. The ground's so warm it's literally dried up already. Hoping for more of the same. :)