Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Anyone reckon Wales will breach the 30C barrier next week?

I'd say 28C somewhere inland wales with London area breaching 30 degrees
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Derek Brockway has just tweeted the stats in Wales for June. Very interesting, it was slightly cooler than normal, but drier and sunnier than normal.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yes not unusual an outcome though cool and dry, it was only very slightly below average temps while rain was half the average.

Do you have the link?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Here we go, pressure now above 1024hPa for most of Wales which should remain like this for at least the next 8 days! Enjoy the sun/heat everyone! 

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Being a forecasting novice but loving the upcoming warm/hot spell, does anyone want to hazard a guess at what the rest of the summer will hold weatherwise from mid-July onwards.  I'm thinking particularly of the school summer hols period and my holiday in Pembrokeshire the first two weeks of August.  I realise no forecast can be date specific but I was hoping that those of you with good knowledge of synoptics, ocillations and projection charts will have an inkling of how the remainder of summer MIGHT pan out.

Thanks guys

Being a forecasting novice but loving the upcoming warm/hot spell, does anyone want to hazard a guess at what the rest of the summer will hold weatherwise from mid-July onwards.  I'm thinking particularly of the school summer hols period and my holiday in Pembrokeshire the first two weeks of August.  I realise no forecast can be date specific but I was hoping that those of you with good knowledge of synoptics, ocillations and projection charts will have an inkling of how the remainder of summer MIGHT pan out.

Thanks guys

It looks likely that it will be settled and warm for the next 10 days or so, beyond that there are signs the anticyclone bringing this weather will weaken into the second half of July but the weather could still be decent, don't really know at that range but I'd wager the next ~10 days will be the best weather of July. Into August nobody really knows though many of the long range forecasts have had August as the most unsettled month of the summer. But as I said nobody really knows so we'll just have to see what happens.

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks guys

Just enjoy current spell.August another senario.

Posted

Up to 23c here, should be warmer tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

I can't express how happy I am to see summery weather in summer. Went to the beach yesterday (and even went into the sea - yes it was cold :p) and went cycling today. Perfect summer weather for summer activities, long may it continue please!

• Like 1

Posted

It's here for a week at least! 23c already this morning after a cold night of 5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its 25.1C here and mostly clear skies, now this is what summer is about :) just need the evening storms now!

Posted

Its 25.1C here and mostly clear skies, now this is what summer is about Posted Image just need the evening storms now!

Looks like there is rain into Anglesey now but it's anomalous propagation. The temperature gradient must be substantial, and it's the shape of things to come for the storm watchers Edited by Sunny Android

Posted

Gulp! 80f 26.7c before midday.

Posted

It's hot! A minimum of 18C last night and its showing 29C in the shade on both my weather stations now

Posted

Hot and steamy at Llangennith, Gower. Arrived on June 29th. A few poor days the 1st week (generally good though) but since last Friday it's been absolutely stunning. Just managed to wangle an extra 2 days off work so will be leaving on Satuday now.

I have been so lucky this summer. 1st 10 days of June at Wisemans Bridge (near Tenby) and now this!

It's been a long time coming. I hope we don't have to wait another 6/7 years for the next decent summer.

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted

26c at Trawsgoed, SCORCHIO!!!

Posted

Wales weather: Scorching weather continues as Wales hits Mediterranean temperatures

People have flocked to beaches and parks in Wales as the scorching weather shows no signs of going away

They may not be record breaking, but Wales’ scorching temperatures and cloudless skies are expected to continue beyond the weekend, when thousands are expected to flock to Wales' beaches. The unusually consistent area of high pressure has seen much of Wales hitting Mediterranean temperatures – in excess of 25°C by as early as 10.30am. Yesterday the Welsh capital enjoyed its third balmy day as the nation’s hottest place with temperatures tipping 27.5°C. Buy just 10.30am yesterday morning the mercury had hit 25.2°C in the city – and today could be much the same.

Met Office forecaster Lindsay Mears, said: “We’ve got an area of high pressure over the UK and that’s going to stay over us and dominate the weather for the next seven to 10 days really and even beyond. “We are enjoying a prolonged period of very warm and fine weather in Wales and the rest of the UK. This should continue into the weekend and possibly beyond with temperatures exceeding those of today in some areas.†In Pembrokeshire by 11am Scolton Country Park recorded at 25.2 °C.

Ms Mears said the temperatures had risen unusually early across Wales over the last few days. “Even Bala in Gwynedd one of the cooler areas yesterday had reached 23.7°C by 10.50am.†Temperatures will temporarily dip mid-week to the low 20s before soaring again on Friday, possibly lasting through until Sunday.Today London saw the most sweltering temperatures while the north of England also climbed to around 28C (82.4F), finally enjoying the same highs as the south after averaging around 24C over the last few days. Lee-On-Solent in Hampshire, hit 29.6C yesterday, just shy of the 29.7C reached in Bournemouth on Sunday which marked the hottest day of the year so far. However, it was markedly cooler across the North Sea coast of England and Scotland, where Donna Nook in Lincolnshire peaked at only 16C.

While the sunshine is not unusual for July it is above average, said Andy Ratcliffe, meteorologist for MeteoGroup, the weather division of the Press Association. “In the middle part of the week the weather will get cooler but still warm, to around the low 20s,†he added. “But it will pick up again in time for the weekend and should last through to Sunday. “Past that it is hard to be certain, but we don’t have much rain at all forecast for the next seven-to-10 days.â€

But the RNLI in Ceredigion has warned of the dangers in the water after being kept busy over the past few days as the public took to the sea to cool down and enjoy the warm weather. An eight year old girl, who had drifted out to sea on Sunday was among several incidents which prompted rescues involving dinghies. Elin Jones, RNLI Lifeguard Supervisor said: “We ask the public to think twice before using inflatable dinghies out on the coast this summer. The inflatable crafts are extremely light and can easily be swept out to sea by offshore winds. If you do choose to use dinghies, stay within the shallow water with a member of your team holding on to a string that’s attached to the inflatable dinghy.â€

Meanwhile police have warned of the dangers of cooling off in open water after a 17-year-old boy died while swimming in a lake at an old quarry. Russell O’Neill, from Worcester, had been swimming at Gullet Quarry near Malvern in Worcestershire when he failed to resurface on Saturday afternoon. The teenager’s body was recovered by a dive team from South Wales Police at around 4.50pm. West Mercia Police are not treating his death as suspicious. Speaking after the incident on Saturday, Detective Inspector Richard Reese said: “This appears to have been a tragic accident and our thoughts are with the boy’s family and friends at this sad time. “While it is too early to give a cause of death, we would like to take this opportunity to remind people about the dangers of open water. “With the warm weather upon us and the school holidays approaching, we would advise people to think twice about going into local rivers, lakes and canals in order to cool off.â€

As many workers were planning their first coffee break, temperatures across Wales we already soaring to more than 24°C

10.19am: Mona, Anglesey, 23.8°C

10.30am: Bute park, Cardiff , 25.2°C

10.32am: Porthmadog 24.8°C

10.53am: Bala, Gwynedd, 23.7°C

10.55am: Trawsgoed, Aberystwyth, 24.3°C 

11am: Scolton Country Park, Pembrokeshire, 25°C

11am: Whitechurch, Pembrokeshire, 24.1°C

11.30am: Valley, Gwynedd: 26.1°C

11.20am: Rhyl, Clwyd, 24.4°C

11.27am Capel Curig, Gwynedd, 24°C

11.30am Valley, Gwynedd: 26.1°C

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-weather-scorching-weather-continues-4891856

Clear blue skies and warm again today, as it has been everyday since last Thursday/Friday. Chance of an isolated thunderstorm this afternoon/evening over the hills

Posted Image

Met Office:

Most places will have another fine and sunny day and it will become very warm again. There is a chance of the odd isolated thundery shower developing later in the afternoon in the heat, most likely over western upland areas.

Then looks to be turning cooler with temps back to around average into next week, 19-20c maxes for Cardiff.

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/Wales/Cardiff/long.html

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

26.2C at midday, just a bit warm out! Lush day though!

Posted

26.2C at midday, just a bit warm out! Lush day though!

Yep 25.9C now, a minimum of 17C last night, with Mumbles Head staying at around 19C all night

Posted

Going to be a scorcher today, likely the hottest day of the year so far.

A chance somewhere in Wales today could reach 30c with maxes of around 28c forecast. Will it happen?? I'd say 50-50.

Posted Image

Isolated 30C likely, unofficial stations possibly higher. Already 26 degrees here