Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Very tricky weather to model at the moment, a sunny and warm afternoon evening here today completely out of the blue.

CAPE levels are high according to the ensembles, (which indicated thundery potential energy), especially from midweek.

post-213-0-78197200-1371503424_thumb.png

Edited by Jackone

Posted

I don't think we can't moan with start of summer 2013. Wall to wall sunshine for the 1st 9 or 10 days (in West Wales at least where I was on hols), I understand back home in Cwmbran wasn't quite as good. And a fairly decent week this week.

I'm trying not to visit the model thread as much as it's not reflecting what I've experienced so for this month. Some posts are ridiculously depressing.

Got my fingers crossed for the 1st 2 weeks of July. My next holiday. Can't expect another cloudless fortnight but mainly dry & warmish will do me. A proper heatwave would be nice though.

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Cracking day in Aberystwyth today, very warm and humid with hazy sunshine. Trawsgoed station reported 20C at 11am :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Another good day here Posted Image Yes a little cloudy at times, but warm and dry with light refreshing sea breezes, perfect. 

Edited by soupsurfer7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very little sunshine so far today, a lot of high cloud but its up to 23 degrees Celsius .

Posted

the forecasting even 2 hours in advance has been very poor recently. yesterday the forecast was rain all day for today and now they are saying it will turn sunny later on today.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Can't see it getting sunny today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

We were forecast quite heavy rain today, we got drizzle and mist

Posted

Indeed forecasting rain amounts difficult with these messy synoptics, a few heavier bits about though.

Posted

Hi guys thought I would pop in and see how our winter is going ha ha, read in the paper yest that we got wet summers for the next 10 yrs. how the hell they know that when they find it difficult to predict 5 days ahead. hope you all are doing good and fingers crossed we have a few nice sunny weeks soon. 

Posted

Hi guys thought I would pop in and see how our winter is going ha ha, read in the paper yest that we got wet summers for the next 10 yrs. how the hell they know that when they find it difficult to predict 5 days ahead. hope you all are doing good and fingers crossed we have a few nice sunny weeks soon. 

Next week looks good for us in west UK as nights begin to shorten Posted Image the rustling of Autumn leaves will soon be upon us Posted Image hehe .

Posted

True the nights will begin to shorten, but we won't notice it for another 3-4 weeks, July is a very light month, like May. 

Posted

Yeah day length reduction is only a minute or 2 a day in early July.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Ive added a new page to the website! It covers the weather across Wales for the following week and is updated every Sunday, check it out and if you want give me some feedback! Thanks

http://cymruweather.webs.com/week-ahead-forecast

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Anyone feel cold last night? Many parts of Wales below 5c and 2c with a ground frost for Ceredigion.

Posted

Anyone feel cold last night? Many parts of Wales below 5c and 2c with a ground frost for Ceredigion.

Interesting to know when was the last time we had ground frost in June- July in Wales

Posted

Well we had an air frost just below 0c several years ago Keith, so not long ago.

Posted

In June that was, frosts very unusual even at this prone spot in July.

Posted

Well we had an air frost just below 0c several years ago Keith, so not long ago.

I remember camping in Tenby in early June. I think it was 2005 (could have been 2004). It was freezing! It was then reported that it was the lowest recorded June temperature for x number of years.

Posted

So what are the temperatures going to reach here in wales on the weekend .

At the moment I would guess low 20s widely, maybe 25 in south. Possibly even warmer after the weekend if all goes to plan.

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone reckon Wales will breach the 30C barrier next week?