Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 30th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Max 23c today not at all bad for early ,May.

Posted

Funny how the stalwarts and legends vanish in the Spring.

Posted

Quite warm & close last night. It's been a while since it felt like that.

I'm still quite optimistic on the forthcoming summer. But that means nothing as I have been saying that for the last 6 summers around this time of year. Gonna be right one day though

Still got bit of wood to burn so wouldn't mind a few cooler spells before proper summer kicks in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Warning has been issued for Wales, check here for more info http://cymruweather.webs.com/warnings-2

Most models keep the trough over the UK with high pressure to the west keeping us in a cool and showery regime of weather with some sunny intervals for the next couple of weeks with temperatures below average. Hopefully the HP can move over us ready for June!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Severe Gales expected in the South West, how windy can it get in Mumbles. 70mph ?

Probably, much colder tonight compared to this time last night it was 15C at 9PM last night, tonight only 8C at 9PM !

Feels Autumnal out there today, increasingly strong and gusty winds, things being blown around the garden and the wind howling. Starting to rain fairly heavily now too. Looking at the charts it seems at least another 10-14 days of disturbed unsettled weather.

Posted

Wild wet and windy cold too! 8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

very windy and rainy here -  1 plastic greenhouse has unmoored and flown away - shame, because it was the new one!  Temps a shade under 10d Celsius.  Have just unpacked the winter therms, with heating off and cool wind, this ol' house gets chilly, even in *cough* spring/summer *cough*.

Re comment the other day about how few post in fine weather - well stands to reason dunnit - we are all out making up for lost time and sunshine, secure in the knowledge that it won't last!Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Updated 24hr regionals for the weather over tomorrow and the start of the weekend for Wales, now available at http://cymruweather.webs.com/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

7.20pm, dark, pelting down with rain and hail, like it has been on/off all day. Quelle suprise- not forecast by Met unless in code. Heating back on, hello summer!

Posted

Updated 24hr regional forecasts covering the weather over tomorrow and the start of the week available at http://cymruweather.webs.com/

Dont be surprised next week especially around mid next week to see thunderstorms as convective activity increases due to the low pressure over the UK and instability caused by it. 

Posted Image

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

So we look like we heading back to a simular summer weather as 2012 ,cool and wet no sign of real hot summer weather ,looks like solar cycle 24 (low sun activity)plus quite a few volcanic activity around looks like summer is on hold again.Please weather Gods hope i am wrongPosted Image

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Once we get out of this solar cycle it should be hot summers all the way?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

BBC saying snow tomorrow for south wales, even to low levels. What? How? Where did this come from Posted Image

I noticed they mentioned snow for the Beacons tomorrow, but can't see how snow is going to fall at lower levels tbh

Posted

Any idea when that might be?

Nope I am hoping Keith will let up know.Don't think I will stand on Pen y Fan tomorrow hoping for a snowflake.

Posted

Some believe we are heading into a maunder minimum approaching cold wetter weather with simular summers like 1814 to 1817 which experienced major crop failure in the northern hemishere, due to extreme weather ,flooding and snow in June ,We see if trend of cooler weather summers continues over the next few years .NASA says that solar cycle 24 will finish in 2017 .

• Like 1

Posted

Yellow warning has been issued for heavy rain across SE Wales. More info at http://cymruweather.webs.com/warnings

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Quite unusual forcast from the met i think it"s March forecast by mistake Posted Image Rain spreading northeastwards across many parts, probably heaviest and most persistent in the south with the risk also of some snow here. Perhaps dry and brighter in the far northwest. Maximum temperature 11 °C.

Posted

Hail here in Cardiff (60m asl) now which shows how cold the air is! I wonder if I will see some wet snow during heavy bursts of rain tomorrow... 

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

Last night I went round what passes for the veg garden and battened down every hatch I could see,, fleeced the peas and beans and greenhoused tender seedlings who had been let out for the day, because I had seen/heard weather forecasts for v low temps and rain.

This morning, Mr Blue Sky is out along with beautiful sun, temps never dropped below 6c. Forecast for bad weather shifted south now. Should beeb presenters have their own Bafta award? Or maybe just tone it down a bit?