Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

post-7254-0-80017400-1367830766_thumb.jp

Have to say, disappointing start to the Bank Holiday, started with hazy sunshine but now high level cloud(alto-stratus?) is ruining the party, giving a featureless white sky and making it feel decidely cool. Hoping the sun can burn through later and things warm up. Will be gutted if we miss out on the decent weather (again)

Posted picture taken at 09:52am as proof because apparently I falsify my weather reports.................................................................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Posted Image_MG_8705.jpg

Have to say, disappointing start to the Bank Holiday, started with hazy sunshine but now high level cloud(alto-stratus?) is ruining the party, giving a featureless white sky and making it feel decidely cool. Hoping the sun can burn through later and things warm up. Will be gutted if we miss out on the decent weather (again)

Posted picture taken at 09:52am as proof because apparently I falsify my weather reports.................................................................

I can confirm the high level cloud and lack of warmth. Going the beach in a bit, hope it warms up!
  • Like 1

Posted

Unfortunately the cloud is running in from the north sea, its keeping the daytime temps cool but on the flipside it'll be keeping the nighttime temps mild. I'm off camping in Edale tonight so aslong as tonight stays warm then it'll help keep the kit down in weight. Just a shame that the blue skies for today never surfaced since this morning.

Posted

Ditto, the humidity shot through the roof when the sun eventually made its appearance. A bit late to be trekking around the hills now so going to have a stroll around Rushup Edge amongst the tourists and paragliders I can see up there currently.

Posted

Sunny here now. Cloud has melted away.

Same here, turned into a pleasant afternoon. Very nice in fact! 

Posted

Just been out in the back garden over the last few to try and make the most of this nice weather, I really hope that that this is just merely an early taster of things to come this Summer rather than this potential NW/SE split which which some seem to be going on about which would typically favour those who live further south and east.

Edited by SnowObsessor90

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Ditto, the humidity shot through the roof when the sun eventually made its appearance. A bit late to be trekking around the hills now so going to have a stroll around Rushup Edge amongst the tourists and paragliders I can see up there currently.

Strange one.. usually the humidity plummets when the sun comes out?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Sunny all day, maxing out @ 22C, lovely :)

Posted

Just about perfect summery weather for me this.  Temps not too hot at low 20's - a nice calm breeze to keep even those doing more active pursuits still reasonably fresh...lots of sunshine too boot.  I just know come July/August that days like this will feel oppressive and sweaty.  Why can't we have more bank holidays lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Im a little bit disheartened because I was in work today and missed the entirety of the warmth, I was in yesterday too and also missed that, and I'm in tomorrow so miss that too.. also Im off from Wednesday til Saturday when it turns unsettled and colder, then on the weekend when it becomes slightly better I'm in work, then the following few days of work get cold again! Then I have a week booked off on w/c the 20th and the forecast is for cold, and unsettled. 

The prospects couldn't get much worse for me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Fantastic day here,Hazy sun till midday then clear blue skies since , max temp of 21c in my south facing garden, first BBQ of the year..all in all a perfect day...off work tomorrow as well , here's hoping for more of the same

Posted

23c here today had bbq yesterday second one of the year doing well.

Posted

Gorgeous couple of days here, with yesterday turning out better than Monday. Looks like back to normality now though haha. Feeling fresh with a brisk wind and overcast, Rain this morning now cleared. Looks brighter to my east. 

Posted

Bone dry still here, the passing front produced a very little light rain that didn't even wet the ground. The warm wind will help dry it further. Here's hoping for some proper rain over the next couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

What a lovely day again. A little rain early this morning, but now dry with warm sunny spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

Some very heavy showers occurred this evening in my location from around 6 onwards ... after a mostly decent day of typically sunshine and clouds with pleasant temperatures. 

Tomorrow for most looks a horrible Spring day ... despite being preceded by a mostly clear and rain free night and a dry morning. 

Heavy rain quickly developing from the West from midday onwards, although even those in the East of the region will get hit within an hour. This will lead up to mostly heavy rain through to Friday afternoon, loosing a bit of intensity through Friday for most. Temperatures throughout this period look to be around 5'C below average 

As for the weekend, Saturday looks very mixed and with localized rainfall ... perhaps the general pattern though for the whole region is a morning of light rain, possibly heavy at times turning to showers with brighter spells in the afternoon; late afternoon for some ... temperatures however typically 5-7'c below average at a dismal 7-10'C. Sunday looks like a bit of a sunny interval in the upcoming unsettled spell with a pleasant day of clouds and sunshine for most ... again temperatures struggling at 10-15'c but feeling pleasant in the sun. 

Posted

Bright start but horrible weather out there now, considering time of year. Gusty wind driving intermittent squally showers and feeling much colder than it should do at this time of year in the wind! Currently dry and 13c, with cloud. Can't remember a May day quite as unseasonal as this!

(Can post pics for proof. No doubt ten miles up the road is basking in blazing sunshine and 20C+..............) Posted Image

Posted

Well I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it for my own eyes, but here in the Peaks at 210m asl we have sleet falling. Ever so subtle hints of it whenever the wind gusts lax momentarily, but i've visually seen a few flakes landing on the windows so 100% certain the sleet hasnt been confused for pollen.

I've no idea what the current 850hpa air temps are, but Buxton is reporting 7.6'c at this time (dropping -0.61'c p/h)

• Like 1

Posted

It's brightening up here now. I think we may have had a whole 1mm of rain so far!

Posted

Well I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it for my own eyes, but here in the Peaks at 210m asl we have sleet falling. Ever so subtle hints of it whenever the wind gusts lax momentarily, but i've visually seen a few flakes landing on the windows so 100% certain the sleet hasnt been confused for pollen.

I've no idea what the current 850hpa air temps are, but Buxton is reporting 7.6'c at this time (dropping -0.61'c p/h)

We had a very short flurry of sleety rain at about 3pm. Brightened a little now (though still cloudy) and warmed up from before. 

Edited by Cloudwatcher
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Very heavy rain here.

Calming down now.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

Very heavy rain here ... started off as light - moderate rain from lunchtime onwards ... stopped at around 5pm (not forecast by the Met Office) ... but hit back with a vengeance at around 7pm and we have had nothing but typical solid heavy rain since ... still falling heavily now and given the forecast for tonight ... it doesn't look good! Perhaps rain becoming less intense tomorrow morning but regaining intensity around lunchtime ... leaving light rain with perhaps an odd sunny spell throughout the afternoon and evening. Friday night looking just overcast with no rain but heavy rain throughout the day on Saturday ... perhaps again leading to showers with sunny spells late afternoon

Edited by SnowySouthPennines

Posted

Feels like we've gone back to early April today, much keener wind and feeling decidedly 'put your coat on before you go out' type of weather.  Looks set to be unsettled for the foreseeable....oh well we do need some rain I suppose.