North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

SP

Have you seen the fax charts this evening the warm sector on Wednesday is not as big still rain for us though

However there is a trough moving down after into the colder air....am I reading the fax chart correctly?

C.S

Yes the sector is fairly small, but even the cold front won't be carrying hugely cold air at the time, as the air is modified, relatively speaking. The trough appears to be in a relatively warm airmass, still without ever having truly cold air race ahead of it, thus limiting the wintriness to higher ground in Scotland. 

I'm using "strikedisplay", which has an imminent rain alarm and precipitation track which is fairly accurate. http://www.nowcast.co.uk/lightning_intro/main.htm

Was useful over the summer for the few thunderstorms we got. Lots of tabular data, I like tabular data lol. 

What you say about the winds, yes, something to keep an eye on.

Interesting!, so this runs from the computer without any physical hardware?

By the way the first sign of real genuine Arctic air is showing it's hand now, the humidity is dropping, so dewpoints maybe low enough for a little wintriness later, and perhaps potential for snow through evaporative cooling, should the showers hit the right areas.

Edited by SP1986
  • Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes the sector is fairly small, but even the cold front won't be carrying hugely cold air at the time, as the air is modified, relatively speaking. The trough appears to be in a relatively warm airmass, still without ever having truly cold air race ahead of it, thus limiting the wintriness to higher ground in Scotland. 

Interesting!, so this runs from the computer without any physical hardware?

By the way the first sign of real genuine Arctic air is showing it's hand now, the humidity is dropping, so dewpoints maybe low enough for a little wintriness later, and perhaps potential for snow through evaporative cooling, should the showers hit the right areas.

Yes, it's just a web app, its subscription based, so costs a little a month, with a 24 hour trial period to start. I'm running it on my Mac, but I've used it on my Nokia phone and have been able to view the tabular data quite well. It's been around for a while, but I find it useful what with all the tabular stuff.