Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

SP

Have you seen the fax charts this evening the warm sector on Wednesday is not as big still rain for us though

However there is a trough moving down after into the colder air....am I reading the fax chart correctly?

C.S

Yes the sector is fairly small, but even the cold front won't be carrying hugely cold air at the time, as the air is modified, relatively speaking. The trough appears to be in a relatively warm airmass, still without ever having truly cold air race ahead of it, thus limiting the wintriness to higher ground in Scotland. 

I'm using "strikedisplay", which has an imminent rain alarm and precipitation track which is fairly accurate. http://www.nowcast.co.uk/lightning_intro/main.htm

Was useful over the summer for the few thunderstorms we got. Lots of tabular data, I like tabular data lol. 

What you say about the winds, yes, something to keep an eye on.

Interesting!, so this runs from the computer without any physical hardware?

By the way the first sign of real genuine Arctic air is showing it's hand now, the humidity is dropping, so dewpoints maybe low enough for a little wintriness later, and perhaps potential for snow through evaporative cooling, should the showers hit the right areas.

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Yes the sector is fairly small, but even the cold front won't be carrying hugely cold air at the time, as the air is modified, relatively speaking. The trough appears to be in a relatively warm airmass, still without ever having truly cold air race ahead of it, thus limiting the wintriness to higher ground in Scotland. 

Interesting!, so this runs from the computer without any physical hardware?

By the way the first sign of real genuine Arctic air is showing it's hand now, the humidity is dropping, so dewpoints maybe low enough for a little wintriness later, and perhaps potential for snow through evaporative cooling, should the showers hit the right areas.

Yes, it's just a web app, its subscription based, so costs a little a month, with a 24 hour trial period to start. I'm running it on my Mac, but I've used it on my Nokia phone and have been able to view the tabular data quite well. It's been around for a while, but I find it useful what with all the tabular stuff.

Posted

We have sleet !!!!!.......

Nothing here lampost watching but keep imagining flakes;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Wow temp has dropped now to 3.7°C. That was quick.

Posted

We should have just passed below 528 DAM thickness by now with uppers around -5, this is where the potential begins from now on.

Posted

just had hailstones between preston and southport

going to miss me again. 

Posted

Just had a heavy shower sounded like hail mixed in ,the weather channel app shows the precipitation type and its free

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

finally caught some ppn and its sleet

• Like 2

Posted

well it would be just my luck if i wasnt lampost watching that it would snow....maybe theres a lesson to be learnt there.

anyone else just sat willing it out of the sky?

Posted

temp has risen from 3.4 to 4.3°C. I think there may be a shower incoming.

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Liverpool airport taf says rain and snow for tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

I just downloaded the weather channel app so at least I can look whilst I'm out tomorrow

Posted

Temp still rising, now 4.7°C.

Posted

Getting colder now, but the showers are losing strength as they move inland from the coastal areas, so not expecting anything of note falling here.  Time for some zzzzzzzz's....