Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Living in the Hazelhurst area of Ashton would help at around 650 feet Posted Image

I live near Hurst cross. Will just have to see what the weather brings now haha

Posted

Nice spell of cold rain coming up Tues/Wed going off the latest model chit-chat.... The low being charted much further east which means most of UK will be on wrong side of marginal...

The only bet I would place today would be that next week is going to feel colder than last...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Don't discount Tuesday just yet. Uppers between -7 and -9C for a good part of the day, probably with showers incoming off the Irish sea. I reckon that is enough for snow even here at this time of year. I highly doubt anything will settle, but I do expect some falling snow at least. As for Wednesday, I would expect and all rain or sleet to rain event here, as the warm sector seems to be too pronounced, causing uppers to rise to near 0, but still we have that window of opportunity late monday night into Tuesday which I am optimistic about..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

how can you be 600feet only? whereabout do you live saddleworth is high up.

BTW 600feet is NOT crap altitude.

The lowest part of Saddleworth, about 183m, so just under the threshold but because im well out in the sticks I may just get snow.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/nw_forecast_warnings.html

Use your google maps, select terrain from the right drop down menu, zoom in to wherever you need and follow the contours to find exact altitude.

to be fair its good in relation to Manchester topography but this altitude is no different to south Birmingham, and you wouldn't call that good altitude, I want 1000ft but cannot afford to bloody move.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Nice spell of cold rain coming up Tues/Wed going off the latest model chit-chat.... The low being charted much further east which means most of UK will be on wrong side of marginal...

The only bet I would place today would be that next week is going to feel colder than last...

In a bit of luck, we may see a spell of hail. Risk of that happening is better than snow. If its hailing on tuesday into wednesday it be game on.

Posted

Hi guys wonder if you can help me out. I have a friend oop your way living near Preston rural location above 300m. No idea where she has only recently moved there and I haven't been up there yet. She's asking me what are her chances of snow over the coming days. Not knowing the area I don't really know what to say as I know there are charts but also know there can be local variances on the actual weather

She knows I'm a bit of a weather geek but I'm stumped what to tell her really other than look out the window. Any help you locals can offer me?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

There are some hills east of Preston. It will probably be a rain event though. i think it will prob sleet/wet snow at first then it will turn back to rain/Freezing rain. At low ground or sea level, it be a all out rain/freezing rain event. Perhaps always a chance of some black ice forming on the roads, especially on high ground.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted

yep not looking great for area now according to the models. But then again its only Middle of November so u never know. Prozac now placed at the front of the cuboard haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Not to worry Express says at least 100 days of heavy snowPosted Image

Back to the here and now wintry showers Mon evening-Tues morning

Tues Night-Wed now looks like a rain fest thanks to the warm sector

Rest of the week dry cool overnight frosts

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I don't know why everyone is so despondent. I can see a few surprises coming out of this.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

ECM is miles away from the GFS output this run. I dunno what's gonna happen on Tuesday/Wednesday. As long as it doesn't snow on Wednesday that'll be cool, I'm going a gig.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just been looking and it seems like the snow event for wednesday (62%) In Liverpool has now dissappeared to 0% !! Am gutted !!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

I don't know why everyone is so despondent. I can see a few surprises coming out of this.

Love the optimism. Early this year we were forecast 'the potential for a few inches in places' and ended up with drifts of up to 20ft. Just putting some hope into it!

However, if we do see something, it won't stay for long. BUT.. its NOVEMBER, only 5 months of potential snowfall left.... :D

Edited by Convective
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

how can you be 600feet only? whereabout do you live saddleworth is high up.

BTW 600feet is NOT crap altitude.

Haha try 55m (180 feet) Posted Image So jealous of one of my mates who lives near Mow Cop.....250m asl.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

exactly.

If there is one thing we should always take from the north-west's weather, it is expect the unexpected. How many times have we been caught out like this.

• Like 1

Posted

Monday

A dull and damp morning, with a band of light rain and drizzle edging slowly southeast through the area. This will be coupled with extensive hill fog and low-level mistiness for a time. The cloud will break up into the afternoon, with sunny but much colder conditions moving in on the increasing and raw-feeling northwesterly breeze. Wintry showers are likely to move into the northwest during the evening, with settling snow likely.

Peak district..... Looking ok for me atm

Tuesday

A cold, largely clear and frosty start in the east, with the west continuing to see wintry showers arriving on the northwesterly wind. These showers - a mix of sleet and snow for all but the lowest levels - will become fewer and further between as the day goes on, with increased sunshine for a time. Despite the sunshine it will remain cold, with high cloud eventually moving in from the west into the evening.

be lucky to see a flurry from this here in Liverpool...expecting nothing but drizzle /cold rain. Still though a promising start to winter seeing as its not really here yet. Will wait and see and hope for a great winter. Having watched a couple of weather forecasts this morning is there any reason none of them are going beyond tomorrow night?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Rain, rain, rain !! ☔ï¸â˜”ï¸â˜”ï¸