Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Nice to hear from you sparkles...soooo youve had your first bit of snow..well jell as they say.Back to the current weather bloomin nippy out there and the winds getting up.

It's not the best of evenings, windy, raining, miserable and worst of all dark.Oh how much I hate winter nights, especially when there's no winter weather to go with them.
  • Like 1

Posted

Happy Halloween all lol.

well woke up and its drizzly and cold here.

Posted

What about when Towy/Rhyl flooded in 1990 that was an extreme storm, it also wrecked the outdoor swimming baths in new Brighton, which had to be demolished, and here in west kirby paving stones where ripped off the promenade and the wardens hut/container on the lake car park floated off and hit the main buildings. If Sundays storm hits it will also coincide with big high tides, 9.5 meters for liverpool.http://tonyfranksbuckley.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-brighton-storms-1990.html

I remember that one, was at a bus stop when I saw a gust rip the guttering off a house, smash to the ground and got showered in bits from it by another gust.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

hasn't been to bad a day here considering what this mornings BBC forecast showed.

the odd brief light shower this morning but mainly dry and bright since and not feeling to bad out of the breeze.

certainly could have been worse.

• Like 1

Posted

Here i am again in my own talking to myself.

Well its stopped piddling down now but has been cold all day.

Good evening iand61 :)

Posted

Here i am again in my own talking to myself.Well its stopped piddling down now but has been cold all day. Good evening iand61 :)

Don't panic I'm here mate.Home from work, had my tea, Emmerdale on the telly and now feet up.And yes it was a piddling down sort of day.
  • Like 1

Posted

Don't panic I'm here mate.Home from work, had my tea, Emmerdale on the telly and now feet up.And yes it was a piddling down sort of day.

well i think were going to have a windy day today

Posted

well i think were going to have a windy day today

Yes just watched the BBC forecast and it's looking quite stormy and wet later this evening.Certainly not good for those going to bonfires not that I'll be counted in that category.Anyway off on a long awaited holiday to warmer and hopefully sunnier shores tomorrow so, from a purely selfish point of view I need any threatened gales to clear away before morning.
  • Like 2

Posted

Yes just watched the BBC forecast and it's looking quite stormy and wet later this evening.Certainly not good for those going to bonfires not that I'll be counted in that category.Anyway off on a long awaited holiday to warmer and hopefully sunnier shores tomorrow so, from a purely selfish point of view I need any threatened gales to clear away before morning.

Oh well have a good holiday and looks like a bit of a wild night but im not going to any bonfire either.

Posted

Oh well have a good holiday and looks like a bit of a wild night but im not going to any bonfire either.

Cheers mate.Don't forget to keep the chair handy for when I get back although fell free to use it if it gets busy in here.Highly unlikely I'd have thought though unless snow arrives in the next few days:-)
  • Like 1

Posted

Cheers mate.Don't forget to keep the chair handy for when I get back although fell free to use it if it gets busy in here.Highly unlikely I'd have thought though unless snow arrives in the next few days:-)

chair on standby lol

Posted

Certainly wet and a bit wild out there at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted

Now where did that come from, it wasn't showing on the radar, loads of thunder and lightening and hail, real fork stuff!!

Everything is now white, looks like its been snowing!

• Like 2

Posted

Now where did that come from, it wasn't showing on the radar, loads of thunder and lightening and hail, real fork stuff!!Everything is now white, looks like its been snowing!

Yes Sf, quite an impressive storm and as you said, from knowhere.
  • Like 1

Posted

Amazingly I closed the curtains at 4.10 thinking it was going dark for the day.

Now the storm has passed and with ground still practically white it's lighter now than it was then.

• Like 1

Posted

Just been up to the stables to put the chickens to bed and the temperature has really dropped, fingers are freeing!

• Like 1