Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

actually had some bits of sleet mixed in with the torrential rain on the car windscreen this morning.

it was 5.5c at the time so probably too high for anything more but its a start and even more surprising considering that we haven't had a frost here yet.

• Like 2

Posted

I am not sorry that we missed the gale. I rather never see a gale again.

The turning point for me was Christmas Eve 1997. Anyone remember this event? Hairy it was, the lights flickered, the sound of the wind down the chimney was unforgettable and hoping the windows weren't going to blow in any moment. What a mess, the next morning was visiting relations. Slates, branches and even whole trees down.

Edited by Weather-history

Posted

Still raining and im still waiting for more people to come back on here its proper boring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Move up Itsnowjoke and make a bit of room for me.

Hopefully not to crowded in here tonight but with the chance of, dare I say it a frost tonight we may need to get the emergency chairs out later.

• Like 1

Posted

Move up Itsnowjoke and make a bit of room for me.Hopefully not to crowded in here tonight but with the chance of, dare I say it a frost tonight we may need to get the emergency chairs out later.

Where do you keep your emergancy chairs i only get them down from the attic at christmas lolJust missed iand61 by approx 50 Mins so im on my lonesome again.Wheres davemac and pip and sparkles..im bored lol

Posted

Where do you keep your emergancy chairs i only get them down from the attic at christmas lolJust missed iand61 by approx 50 Mins so im on my lonesome again.Wheres davemac and pip and sparkles..im bored lol

Don't worry I'm back.Just been having my tea as we say up north.Supper darn Sarf
  • Like 1

Posted

Don't worry I'm back.Just been having my tea as we say up north.Supper darn Sarf

Just had my tea chicken curry and rice A madras to be precise.:)

Posted

Just had my tea chicken curry and rice A madras to be precise.:)

Oh and just passed a thousand posts while eating it.
  • Like 1

Posted

Oh and just passed a thousand posts while eating it.

CONGRATULATIONS.. :)

Posted

Do you think it's worth getting the chairs out then or leave them until that Eno Equator on North West Tonight says it's going to snow.

Posted

Do you think it's worth getting the chairs out then or leave them until that Eno Equator on North West Tonight says it's going to snow.

well i think we will leave it for now lol.Dont rock the boat and all that. ;)

Posted

Hold on Feb 91 joined us now, may need a bigger room.

• Like 1

Posted
Hold on Feb 91 joined us now, may need a bigger room.[/quote
Hold on Feb 91 joined us now, may need a bigger room.
indeed

Not sure what happened to last post.

Posted

Well what do ya know back on here again not tired so i will stsy up another hourish

Posted

My turn to say off to bed now.

Only 3 more early get up's then it's holiday time.

• Like 1

Posted

I am not sorry that we missed the gale. I rather never see a gale again.The turning point for me was Christmas Eve 1997. Anyone remember this event? Hairy it was, the lights flickered, the sound of the wind down the chimney was unforgettable and hoping the windows weren't going to blow in any moment. What a mess, the next morning was visiting relations. Slates, branches and even whole trees down.

I lived in the isle of man then.....was at my grandads in ballaugh....he had a huge field backing onto the house.....the gusts were so huge funneling down the valley....his back windows were bowing so much we moved to the front room and the lights went out....huge trees came down everywhere....we had to drive home and it took us two hours as roads were closed.....my brother couldnt get to his house by car so climbed over five huge fallen trees with his kids to get to his front door... Was very scarey.....remember the ronaldsway airport sign was flattened by the wind....horizontal.... Think they recorded 140mph on snaefell...PS its 4c here breezy but chilly fire on and hot chocolate in huge mug.....lovely... Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted

Not sure if was 1997 but was out windsurfing on the marine lake in west kirby one Christmas Eve around that time, from what remember it was pretty warm and had to pack in when it started hitting force 10, after coping with a couple of 55 knot gusts. Had cracking time time before it got insane, eventually spray was getting lifted up off the surface of the lake and I had to duck under the sail and walk/wade back in to to get protection.

Tracking low pressure systems sparked my interest in the models....

What about when Towy/Rhyl flooded in 1990 that was an extreme storm, it also wrecked the outdoor swimming baths in new Brighton, which had to be demolished, and here in west kirby paving stones where ripped off the promenade and the wardens hut/container on the lake car park floated off and hit the main buildings. If Sundays storm hits it will also coincide with big high tides, 9.5 meters for liverpool.

http://tonyfranksbuckley.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-brighton-storms-1990.html

Edited by johnwirral

Posted

well a bit breezy today sunny though but felling cold. The storm for weekend doesnt look as likely going off the posts in the possible storm thread.

Posted

Just been out freezing out there gotta go out in a while coat and scarf today i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well last night i had a trip to Omskirk hospital and back to emergancy dentist for an abcess, horrendous pain! Anyway, travelling back through Croston, then onto a country lane towards leyland, just off southport road and it i was shocked to see it was actually snowing!! I did a check and a double check and my dad even said its snowing, there was a thick cloud right over us, then when we approached leyland itself it was sleeting, then it started raining.....

• Like 1

Posted

Nice to hear from you sparkles...soooo youve had your first bit of snow..well jell as they say.

Back to the current weather bloomin nippy out there and the winds getting up.