Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Indeed - last year the streams were raging torrents you'd be silly to get anywhere near.  This year they are trickling along at a sedately pace.  The levels are actually quite low.  Western Canada is getting the rain bashing it seems this year.

Seen the Calgary floods on the news this morning.Whatever the reasons for it, the worlds weather is certainly acting strange at the moment.Nearer to home and today is looking like a classic sunshine and showers set up with a couple of beefy ones here over the last hour.First thing this morning it looked like the forecast may have been wrong with clear skies but it looks like today's afternoon walk is going to include everything from shorts to waterproofs, IMO the worst set up for walking.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Pleasent and partly cloudy in Chester currently. Sat by the canal with a pint, very nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Off to Knowsley Safari Park today to have my car torn apart by the baboons.

Hoping the rain can be as inconsequential as possible. Drizzly and cool currently in Ellesmere Port.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Wall to wall cloud here as usual today...13c but feels colder than that. This weather here is getting more and more soul destroying by the day.....

Posted

7 years ago since this tremendous thunderstorm

Rainfall radar images

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It had been a hot day, cumulus clouds developed and there were odd thunderstorms around. Then the clouds exploded late afternoon and we had a tremendous downpour with pea sized hail, local flooding and close CG lightning. Two hours later, it looked as though nothing had happened. Clear skies and the ground had dried out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Remember this storm well.

It started here at around 3pm and lasted for about 3 1/2 hours.

Not a lot of thunder and lightening but the rain was very intense with about 65mm recorded causing widespread flooding.

It's interesting to see the bright colours immediately to the north of Manchester and this was certainly reflected with what fell.

This stood as our wettest day until the deluge of 22nd June last year.

Posted

Lovely day today, and it looks set to be fine for the weekend and early start of next week.  Hope it's a comfortable heat, and doesn't turn muggy/sweaty.  I think 26/27 is my threshold for this type of weather, especially if your outdoors.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Max of 24.2C yesterday in hazy sunshine for much of the day. Today however it's clear blue skies all the way and the temperature is sitting nicely at 22.2C with 5 hours of heating left to go. I fancy 26 or even 27 celcius today. Lovely. Posted Image

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

This thread is about as alive as Michael Jackson.

Anyway, 24.7C here, clear blue skies.

Posted

Maxed out just over 26C. Now 25.7C and falling. 

Posted

Car thermometer was at 29c coming back over the tops from deepest Yorkshire which seemed a little high.

However got home and the remote sensor in the garden was at 28.5c so maybe some truth in it after all.

Certainly has been a hot weekend.

Posted

Dropped to 25.5c here now with the combined smell of BBQ's and newly cut hay wafting around.

Just need to sort the tea out and then there's a garden seat and a couple of glasses of red with my name on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I thought this Summer is gonna be a washout again but it is actually turned out into good and interesting one. I really missed the snowy weather back in March, it was a one hell of a snow event back then. I think this year is the year of extremes of weather events. We had a very cold spring then followed by a hot Summer right now. It is a amazing year of extraordinary weather here. Posted Image

I wondered what will autumn will bring?  Very wet or windy weather? probably. Only time will tell.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

I don't want this to end. It's been beautiful on the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Maybe its hard to see but I see some grass turning brown-gold right now. Its getting less green everyday.

Posted

The most uncomfortable 'sleeping' night so far of this hot spell.  Still 21c and only 30 minutes away from midnight!

Posted

A glorious morning and it was hot already by 9am. Looking back, I see that today is the anniversary of 32C at MAN airport in 2006, the hottest day of that spell. I wonder if we'll make those levels again this year?

Posted

Driven back this afternoon from a couple of days working in the West Country and the temperatures seemed to climb higher as I headed north.

Obviously car thermometers aren't that accurate but at one stage on the M6 just north of Thelwall it showed 35c and was at 32 & 33c for many miles either side.

Whatever happens over the coming days, this has certainly been a hot spell and unlike previous years where we have often sat in the cool and cloud watching those in the South swelter; on this occasion we have been at the heart of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Cloudy here this morning, currently 25.6c, very sticky, humidity is up on the last few days, it's been hovering around 22%, today it's 31%. Here's hoping we get some good storms midweek and I hope it's on Wednesday as It's my day off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Flippin empty in 'ere......hello anybody there?.......................well just thought I would pop in after work and say the humidity is now 53% and the temp is 19.5c and it's well after midnight, phew............ oh well I'll turn out the lights as I leave

Posted

Feels hotter now than it did today strange.

Been hazy today.

Quite like this weather now didnt before got a cracking tan. Lol