Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

c'mon guys, when's this rain coming ? I'm going to have to go and water the garden if it doesn't come soon flippin weather forecasters :lol:  currently blue sky, sunshine, calm

Certainly has been a dry period, not just over the last couple of weeks but really since the new year if not earlier.I suspect that but for the deluges of last summer and the height of the water table due to it we would have been looking at hose pipe bans by now although past experience says that as soon as a ban is announced the rain begins.

Posted

Certainly has been a dry period, not just over the last couple of weeks but really since the new year if not earlier.I suspect that but for the deluges of last summer and the height of the water table due to it we would have been looking at hose pipe bans by now although past experience says that as soon as a ban is announced the rain begins.

I'm just gobsmacked that the wonderful netweather forecast is showing rain every day (except next tuesday, which is the very day I would bet on a sprinkle falling) for the next week giving moderate rain at 7pm EVERY DAY ~ there's got to be something screwed up in the software for that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Off to Chester races tomorrow, hoping for more of this but forecast has some cloud for the afternoon, the opposite of the last few days where cloud was in the morning, hope it's wrong and stays sunny all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Here comes the fair weather cloud to ruin what would of otherwise been a perfect afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A bit of cloud to spoil the end of another almost perfect day but when you know that tomorrow will be another good one it doesn't seem to matter.

Hopefully nothing in the way of rain until Tuesday at least and that will mean three good weekends on the run.

Amazing really and something we could have only dreamed about in the cold days of little more than a month ago.

Posted

Another glorious day, losing track of how many on the bounce we've had now.  We really have been lucky in the west.  Some eastern areas plagued by low cloud and temperatures.  On the flipside it means we're in the firing line when the breakdown comes in from the Atlantic next week.  Enjoy the fine weather while we still can!

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Off to Chester races tomorrow, hoping for more of this but forecast has some cloud for the afternoon, the opposite of the last few days where cloud was in the morning, hope it's wrong and stays sunny all day.

Was sunny nearly all day and really quite warm.

Posted

Have to agree with others that west is best at the moment.

Yet another fantastic days weather.

Been in Manchester for much of the day and it has felt really warm, even with a noticeable breeze and after watching what appeared to be everyone else but me drinking ice cold beer outside pubs it's looking like time to go out and share some of it myself.

Another repeat performance on the cards tomorrow and Monday then a gradual breakdown looking likely but they can't take of you what you've had.

Posted

After a coolish cloudy start, the sun has broke through and another beautiful summers day is on the cards.

Done my brisk two hour walk so an afternoon working in the garden is on the cards now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

BBC NW forecast just showed lightning over us tomorrow as this rain system tries to clear away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

post-7254-0-48389300-1371130153_thumb.jp

You can tell how boring the weather in the NW is simply by noting how infrequently this forum gets touched!  Just been up Frodsham Hill in the forlorn hope of catching any activity storm wise (as usual it never materialised) and I have to say, even by our standards today is utterly utterly miserable....Light rain, gusty wind and feeling very cold for June. Didn't have any measuring equipment up there but I'd be surprised if it was hitting 12-13c!!

This shot of Liverpool Airport from the hill pretty much sums up everything that is wrong about the weather round here. Lol.

Edited by Cloudwatcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Posted ImageIMG_1366.jpg

You can tell how boring the weather in the NW is simply by noting how infrequently this forum gets touched!  Just been up Frodsham Hill in the forlorn hope of catching any activity storm wise (as usual it never materialised) and I have to say, even by our standards today is utterly utterly miserable....Light rain, gusty wind and feeling very cold for June. Didn't have any measuring equipment up there but I'd be surprised if it was hitting 12-13c!!

This shot of Liverpool Airport from the hill pretty much sums up everything that is wrong about the weather round here. Lol.

Annnnnnnd............now the sun's coming out to prove me wrong! haha

Posted

Some beefy showers about this afternoon with short sunny spells in between.

Wettest day here for many weeks I'd imagine.

Posted

After heavy showers overnight and a grey start to today, warm sunshine is starting to break through.

Maybe the forecast of a decent day will turn out to be close to the mark after all.

Posted

Cloudy and dull here today. Our default weather for June it seems!

Yup admittedly it has gotten warmer over the last day or so but that's not really saying much whilst things continue to remain like that.

lol just as I say that the sun is starting show signs of breaking out.

Edited by SnowObsessor90

Posted

Tomorrow is the anniversary of the wettest day of the 2012 summer monsoon In my part of the region.

Torrential rain from late afternoon until about 8.30pm dropped 89mm on the Rossendale Valley with some of the worst flooding seen in years. Over the hill in West Yorkshire it was even worse with Todmorden, Hebden Bridge and Mytholmroyd all suffering major damage.

It is, I believe the wettest day on record here although we did experience three other deluges between then and late August where in excess of 30mm fell in a short space of time and again flooding followed.

So far, this summer couldn't be more different.

Posted

Tomorrow is the anniversary of the wettest day of the 2012 summer monsoon In my part of the region.Torrential rain from late afternoon until about 8.30pm dropped 89mm on the Rossendale Valley with some of the worst flooding seen in years. Over the hill in West Yorkshire it was even worse with Todmorden, Hebden Bridge and Mytholmroyd all suffering major damage.It is, I believe the wettest day on record here although we did experience three other deluges between then and late August where in excess of 30mm fell in a short space of time and again flooding followed.So far, this summer couldn't be more different.

Indeed - last year the streams were raging torrents you'd be silly to get anywhere near.  This year they are trickling along at a sedately pace.  The levels are actually quite low.  Western Canada is getting the rain bashing it seems this year. 

Edited by dodgeredee