Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

The weather forecasters are promised to be sunny here yesterday but instead it is cloudy. Yet another epic fail for the weather forecasters.

Give it chance, it should improve this afternoon.In fact right on cue the sun has made it's first attempt at an appearance here.It's at least a bit warmer today at 12c compared to a maximum of 9c under yesterday's drizzle fest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Bright here with an occasional glimpse of the bright orange ball but I think calling it sunny would be bordering on bare faced tying.

Feels quite mild though, warm when the orange thingy comes out but as others have said it's still pathetic for the time of year.

Hopefully next week will see things improve a bit although even an improvement to seasonal would be a start.

Posted

The storm approaching. Unfortunately rain and hail hitting window makes it blurry at times.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tUhZBi6xeQ

Cool-we just missed out on that in Eccles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Another disappointing day with no sun. Another fail for the weather forecasters and counting. Posted Image

I hate this unexpected cloudy weather.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Dreary, dreary day here. Another sun-less day for us. Surely some improvement on the cards?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I think it's rather chilly today, overcast and only slight winds. Desperately seeking warm sunny weather for 31st for my daughters wedding, from my take the charts it could be around 16c with a chance of showers, any experts on here advise please. Don't want to get my hat wet!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Horaay!!! The Sun is actually shining here atlast!! It been taking 2 days for the ''nuisance'' clouds to disperse. Posted Image

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

For a couple of minutes we had some wet flakes mixed in a heavy hail shower!! Facebook is all a buzz about it haha

Posted

I assume that today's northerly was more NW than expected.

Either that or Sod's law was at play again as after a cricket score of winter northerly's have brought nothing but sun and dry conditions we get a spring one with heavy rain, large hail and, at times even wet snow.

Oh to have that set up in January.

Anyway at least signs are looking better for a reasonable BH weekend although anything is an improvement over the crap currently on offer.

Posted

I assume that today's northerly was more NW than expected.Either that or Sod's law was at play again as after a cricket score of winter northerly's have brought nothing but sun and dry conditions we get a spring one with heavy rain, large hail and, at times even wet snow.Oh to have that set up in January.Anyway at least signs are looking better for a reasonable BH weekend although anything is an improvement over the crap currently on offer.

Been mostly dry with sunny spells here. Only now are we getting a shower with hail. Edited by Weather-history

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Absolutely beautiful day today not a cloud in the sky, already cut the grass , repaired the fence panel that blew down in yestedays windPosted Image , and washed all my Balls, my Rugby team will have the cleanest balls this week Posted Image ... think i'll sit in the garden this afternoon and then watch the Manchester Magic games laterPosted Image

Posted

Certainly has been a lovely start to the BH weekend.

Not a cloud in the sky until I suggested that we may have the first BBQ of the summer, sorry the first since late March last year.

Then a few clouds bubbled up along with a bit of a breeze but not enough I would think to put the charcoal away.

Time to cut the grass me thinks.

Posted

Another perfect start to the day here in sunny Wigan, yesterday was fantastic, warm/sunny and had only the 2nd BBQ of the year so far , think today may be the 3rd,then it's all downhill from there though..the forecast does look ok for next week (w/c 2nd June) might even have a birthday BBQ on the 5th

Edited by Spurry

Posted

After a decent morning the rain started here at about 2pm and that's practically as far east as you can get in our region without going into W Yorkshire.

I then spent the afternoon watching the test match wondering how long it would take the rain to cross over the Pennines and travel the 30 or so miles to Leeds. By 6pm, when I had other priorities other than cricket it still hadn't arrived.

Good news for the cricket but it's amazing how even our modest hills can effect the weather to such an extent.

I just hope that the same is true later in the week when the worst of the weather is set for more eastern areas with the best of the weather set for the west.

Unfortunately I can't see it though.

Posted

Been bucketing down here since about 11:30am...looks like Summer has  departedPosted Image

Edited by Spurry

Posted

Been bucketing down here since about 11:30am...looks like Summer has  departed:fool:

It'll be back in a couple of days.That's providing our interpretation of summer isn't set to high.Dry with a bit of sun and reasonable temperatures is the new summer. Want anything better and it's either go abroad or step back about 7 years.Still raining here and windy.Looks more like autumn.

Posted

Gud old rain loving this ....not wish it was winter

Posted

It'll be back in a couple of days.

That's providing our interpretation of summer isn't set to high.

Dry with a bit of sun and reasonable temperatures is the new summer. Want anything better and it's either go abroad or step back about 7 years.

Still raining here and windy.

Looks more like autumn.

Lets call it Summertumn. Posted Image

Posted

First bit of sun since Monday morning here but it was worth the wait and hopefully is the start of a lengthy spell of summer type weather.

Not being greedy'; let's have the sun for a start, the heat can come later.

Posted

It is foggy here. I hope it will turn into a gorgeous day with wall-to-wall sunshine.

Edited by pip22