Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

this winters SSW from the NASA GEOS-5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The grass here is green and healthy. Posted Image All thanks to the recent rains.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Had a bbq yesterday lovely with a few beers.

Don't think having a BBQ would feel just as pleasant today with the cloud and a nagging breeze.Went out walking this morning and it was like a return to contions of a couple of weeks ago and is certainly another example of "what a difference a day makes" in our weather.

Posted

Don't think having a BBQ would feel just as pleasant today with the cloud and a nagging breeze.Went out walking this morning and it was like a return to contions of a couple of weeks ago and is certainly another example of "what a difference a day makes" in our weather.

i agree still havin beers today though lol
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

How often do we see a wet Sunday afternoon turn into a dry sunny evening.

It seems like the sort of scenario that crops up time after time during the spring/ summer/early autumn period and can be really frustrating when you're trying to make the most of the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Yet another rather dull, cold start to the week for us here, we truly seem to be locked into a never ending pattern here at the moment. Currently 8c and feeling more like October atm. Can't remember such an annoyingly dull sequence of weather! 

Posted

Another incredibly dull and overcast start to the day. 7c but feeling colder in the wind. Anyone else concerned that this is going to be the story of our summer in these parts? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Another incredibly dull and overcast start to the day. 7c but feeling colder in the wind. Anyone else concerned that this is going to be the story of our summer in these parts?

Same here, never seem to get a full day of sun.

Posted

Nothing worse than a cold damp cloudy day when you know that those Darn Sarf are enjoying wall to wall sunshine and warm temperatures.

Sorry yes there is something worse; when the London based media goes on non stop about it like the entire country is basking in the same glorious weather.

It's certainly ironic that our region always seems to be in the wrong place to tap into any winter cold on offer but never has a problem joining in when cold is around in the other seasons.

I suppose though that at least if our weather is crap now it won't seem much worse when the stuff to our north comes down later in the week.

Roll on summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Finally the trees are actually growing their leafs. It's been quite odd that trees still bare of leafs this time.

Im gonna guessing this summer is going to be crap. Just like always. (yawns)

Edited by pip22

Posted

Nothing worse than a cold damp cloudy day when you know that those Darn Sarf are enjoying wall to wall sunshine and warm temperatures.

Sorry yes there is something worse; when the London based media goes on non stop about it like the entire country is basking in the same glorious weather.

It's certainly ironic that our region always seems to be in the wrong place to tap into any winter cold on offer but never has a problem joining in when cold is around in the other seasons.

I suppose though that at least if our weather is crap now it won't seem much worse when the stuff to our north comes down later in the week.

Roll on summer.

Facebook is full of it this morning...."Gorgeous day"   "Beautiful sunshine blah blah blah.." does seem to be a definite NW/SE split in the good weather recently... ie: the SE gets the good weather and we get more of this same cloudy, damp dross that we have pretty much had consistently since er....last April..really getting me down now Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I really can't see this summer is going to be a good one. I heard the BBC weather says there is going to be an very active hurricane season. That means it will probably be an crappy summer. Posted Image

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I really can't see this summer is going to be a good one. I heard the BBC weather says there is going to be an very active hurricane season. That means it will probably be an crappy summer. Posted Image

As I recall the good summer of 2003 was an active Hurricane season, I don't think there is any correlation as such, though it may appear so in recent times. 

That said I still stand by my prediction also that things will turn less dry towards summer proper.. afterall its been very dry recently, and it has to end soon anyway.. it's just whether we get a cool, wet summer like 2012, or whether we get a fairly warm, humid type thundery summer like 2004.. that's my opinion anyway.

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 1

Posted

As I recall the good summer of 2003 was an active Hurricane season, I don't think there is any correlation as such, though it may appear so in recent times. 

That said I still stand by my prediction also that things will turn less dry towards summer proper.. afterall its been very dry recently, and it has to end soon anyway.. it's just whether we get a cool, wet summer like 2012, or whether we get a fairly warm, humid type thundery summer like 2004.. that's my opinion anyway.

And yet another day of overcast, wet, cold dross round here today. Starting to despair of ever seeing some decent consistent sunshine and warmth again around these part! This is how April last year panned out and with literally a handful of exceptions, we have been pretty much stuck with this muck ever since. Frustrated...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Looks alright around the north west tomorrow for some heavy showers with hail and thunder all in the mix! :D Maybe after that we will get some warmth..? Nah.... this is the north west don't forget!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Getting really sick of the weather this year upto now, fed up of grey/cold weather..Made it worse to hear the BBC talking about 23c and the warmest day of the year so far ...not bloody here it wasn't

Edited by Spurry
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It has been really quite cold today.. the breeze was sufficient to blot out the warmth from the sun, and also to render my fingers numb, it was pretty much a akin to a typical late January day today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

As I recall the good summer of 2003 was an active Hurricane season, I don't think there is any correlation as such, though it may appear so in recent times. That said I still stand by my prediction also that things will turn less dry towards summer proper.. afterall its been very dry recently, and it has to end soon anyway.. it's just whether we get a cool, wet summer like 2012, or whether we get a fairly warm, humid type thundery summer like 2004.. that's my opinion anyway.

It's been dry for about a month or two. It will endSome time but prior to that it was wet for 12 months so maybe this dry spell won't end soon.

Posted

Actually had a couple of sleet showers late this afternoon.

I thought it was just hail but was melting flakes on the car windscreen on my way home from work.

Never mind, at least we had a couple of warm days before the cold arrived.

On sorry, I forgot we weren't invited to that party were we.

Really sick of this constant cold now

No leaves on thr trees and I still haven't cut the grass this year.

Posted

Well alot of people wish for cold in winter, and some even wish for it all year round, so it looks like they've got what they wanted... I on the other hand wish for some degree of warmth all year around, and now I feel like the cold lovers did in the 'mild period', so swings and roundabouts really.

Blizzards, perhaps it will remain dry, that's not good for plants though, recently I think the lack of growth is as much about the very dry weather, as the cold - though obviously they both have a part to play.

I imagine April will come in as the 3rd month in a row below average, after March's significantly below average return. May, June and July may follow suit. It's one of those rare times recently where you're wondering just when is the next above average month going to come from? For those born relatively recently in weather pattern times, this is quite a shock, because we, until 2007, only saw one pattern, and that was one of relatively warm summers and mild winters. However now this new pattern has emerged with cool summers and cool winters..

Edited by SP1986

Posted

Woken up to a dusting of snow this morning!

Yeh just noticed that myself. Really sick of the constant cold now.