Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Beautiful day here , minimum last night of -4.8c, now sunny and 10.6c ,no wind and clear blue skies, feels like summer in my south facing sheltered garden(sitting with a beer)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Strange sort of day.

Been working in the garden all day and after a coolish start it felt nice and warm this afternoon, t shirt warm in fact.

The thing which made it strange though was cutting back branches on trees while stood in snow.

Not a lot left I must admit but it is still there in patches and gave the impression, certainly in these parts that we're not quite there yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

My car really needs rain now. It's looking quite dusty and need and decent downpour to wash it off.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes I noticed how dry it's looking out on my walk today, lots of brown/yellow but not a lot of green - grass fires are in evidence too, but I think they may be council controlled to stop any deliberate acts causing even more damage.

post-727-0-90932900-1365367556_thumb.jpgpost-727-0-00686000-1365367558_thumb.jpgpost-727-0-87743600-1365367735_thumb.jpg

.....a tad different from a couple of weeks ago post-727-0-55458500-1365367770_thumb.jpg .... I think other than the snow we haven't had much precipitation at all for the past 6 weeks.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 2

Posted

Yawnfest on here lol.

Temp 6c.

I feel the end is near.

But, I did take the dog out earlier and it was definitely nippy!

I do hope we get a decent summer, no rain, unless it's at night - it's OK then. Lots of sun, but not too hot either. I don't want much. Posted Image

Posted

My car really needs rain now. It's looking quite dusty and need and decent downpour to wash it off.

i have a bucket and a sponge...try it suprise yourself...lol

bet your cars spotless in the rainy season (Summer) :)

I feel the end is near.

But, I did take the dog out earlier and it was definitely nippy!

I do hope we get a decent summer, no rain, unless it's at night - it's OK then. Lots of sun, but not too hot either. I don't want much. Posted Image

yes we are never happy..too wet...too cold..too windy..to hot..not hot enough..drought..no snow...too icy. Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 3

Posted

i have a bucket and a sponge...try it suprise yourself...lol

bet your cars spotless in the rainy season (Summer) Posted Image

yes we are never happy..too wet...too cold..too windy..to hot..not hot enough..drought..no snow...too icy.

Haha, I suppose when you put it like that, I am quite a fussy madam! Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Any chance of some nice, warm and sunny weather round these parts this weekend or are going to get the short end of the stick as per usual?

This weather is literally driving me to insanity now, can't bear being stuck with this dull, cold overcast non-weather! The Easterlies are also pushing all the pollution from Essar Stanlow directly over the town so not only are we stuck with rubbish weather, we are also enduring a sulfurous stink day in and day out....please SOMEONE give me hope that some respite is on the horizon.

Posted

This weather is literally driving me to insanity now, can't bear being stuck with this dull, cold overcast non-weather! The Easterlies are also pushing all the pollution from Essar Stanlow directly over the town so not only are we stuck with rubbish weather, we are also enduring a sulfurous stink day in and day out....please SOMEONE give me hope that some respite is on the horizon.

maybe in the next few weeks a warm up.

Going to feel like a short Summer thats for sure.

Posted

I'd bank the weather here in Oldham for past few days. After cold start the sun gets to work quickly making the day feel very springlike. Long sunny periods and today looks like it's going the same way. I'm tempted to want it a little warmer, but it appears that may bring rain which is fine as long as it doesn't overstay it's welcome like it did last year and we get stuck in that wet Jetstream rut.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Another dull, overcast morning, misty and cold. 6c. Feeling more like an October morning than a spring one. Think we are stuck with this till September depressingly. This is how April last year panned out for us here and things never improved.... :-(

Posted

I'd bank the weather here in Oldham for past few days. After cold start the sun gets to work quickly making the day feel very springlike. Long sunny periods and today looks like it's going the same way. I'm tempted to want it a little warmer, but it appears that may bring rain which is fine as long as it doesn't overstay it's welcome like it did last year and we get stuck in that wet Jetstream rut.

Me too D! We had rain earlier and I noticed that rainy smell (that's my technical name for it Posted Image ) I haven't noticed that in a long while.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

The difference in feel between yesterday and today has been massive.

Yesterday, lovely and springlike in the sun, today damp and raw and feeling more like mid winter again.

Amazing what a difference a bit of sunshine makes at this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

well sunshine at any time of year really, without sunshine in mid-summer in average conditions, it's still not t-shirt weather it's often chilly. Well the UK has one of the coolest summer climates in the world, so it's not surprising! 

But compared to what we've had with southwesterlies, it will feel very balmy, even with 15C

Posted

Just the two of us on tonight..must be somert goin down lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

everyones out in the rain, afterall I forgot what that looked like.. !

Posted

O yes forgot to mention its raining...havent seen that in a while i forgot what it looked and felt like but after my washing getting soaked i thought...yes i remember you now do one.But i then thought how the plants and animals need this rain so it can stay for a while.

everyones out in the rain, afterall I forgot what that looked like.. !

lol i was just posting about forgeting what rain was like but you beat me to it