Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 29th March 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

neither do I, hope next week rain bands move through overnight, and days generally dry and sunny, although a few showers likely

Summer is coming. Sevilla, Spain hit 27C the other day.

However it's also seen a record wet season too, along with chilly temps.

I was hoping for a warm / hot spring, but the temperatures don't look remotely impressive especially on the 10/14 day forecasts.

Cloudy, Rain with average temperature holding between 10/12C, with overnights still reaching low single digits. Looking at the accu forecast, there are one or two partly cloudy days, but it won't feel warm. When I say warm I mean noticeably warm from 15C+ not seeing it getting to that, and thats going through the first part of april.

Very depressing suicidal weather infact. Dull, mild and wet, wait that is this summer's forecast too isn't it? repeat 2012 summer forecast up here..was very bad average temp 15C every day, along with rain every day 0.o

Posted

7c today quite nice in the sun...what??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

It were 10C in Preston about 6pm when I left there for home. I havn't seen that for a long time.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

According to my weather station it is 8.9c here now, didn't feel like that out in the wind. The sky was clear earlier more cloud has moved in now giving sunny spells. Gave my lawn the first cut of the season this morning after the frost went, the smell of freshly cut grass reminded me of summer.........

• Like 1

Posted

Everything just appears frozen in time, as if someone as pressed the pause button. How long can daffodil shoots remain above ground level but not actually blossom. They are just refusing to show their yellow petals at present. The days are sunny but there must be a temperature tolerance and they can't open up until it gets warmer. Some snowdrops have revealed themselves though, but I don't know what the sub zero nights are doing for them. Grass is still brown and only a few green areas are starting to show. I think this time last year everything was in full spring swing.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Apparently its snowing like mad down in Essex according to one of my forum members.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

In next 2-3 months we be complaining about rain and hot weather. Posted Image Hoping for a hot Summer with temps of 35C +. If not the wettest Summer on record!!!!Posted Image

Just been to Rivington and some of the snow drifts still lying there are still tall as a car!! Its been nearly two weeks ago too. If that happened in December or January the snow will lie here for months and we be gridlocked for weeks. I'm glad it happened at March because the snow usually melt quickly in 2-3 days on lower elevation.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Just been to Rivington and some of the snow drifts still lying there are still tall as a car!! Its been nearly two weeks ago too. If that happened in December or January the snow will lie here for months and we be gridlocked for weeks. I'm glad it happened at March because the snow usually melt quickly in 2-3 days on lower elevation.

and yet we got more falling snow here at the end of Jan (upto a foot) and that was cleared away by a milder sector and warm front 24hrs later so it doesn't always follow that way, but I know you the point in general you were making. To be honest this March CET was colder than Dec, Jan and Feb, so very unusual in that respect...but yes law of averages would ultimately prove that lying snowfall does last longer in Dec/Jan than it would during March if you were to track back through the records.

Posted

Apparently its snowing like mad down in Essex according to one of my forum members.

...time for the old crocodile "you call that a knife" Dundee sketch....

London snow

Posted Imagehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2303959/UK-weather-When-end-Snow-falls-London-South-East-Spring-Freeze-keeps-grip-Britain.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Northern England snow

Posted Image

...but bless they've not seen much of it this year Posted Image

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 7

Posted

In next 2-3 months we be complaining about rain and hot weather. Posted Image Hoping for a hot Summer with temps of 35C +. If not the wettest Summer on record!!!!Posted Image

Mmm, 35c+ or a wet summer, I wonder which one we're likely to get. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Snow chances are gone i think now.

Ready for a tan now or a shower depending on which way the weather goes.

• Like 1

Posted

0c this morning cloudier with the sun popping through now and again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

London snow

Posted Imagehttp://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

Northern England snow

Posted Image

Just seen this. Ha Ha Ha!Posted Image Swings and roundabouts comes to mindPosted ImagePosted Image Nice pics btw

Snowing down here but not settling

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

Can anyone remember the last time it rained, like proper rained, for a day? Just as noteworthy as the cold, which isn't all that noteworthy anymore other than for longevity, has been the dryness. Ploughed fields round here are ochre coloured, rather than a boggy mess, dust is blowing around on paths and the fields have got even browner. It's quite odd. When/if we do get a warm damp spell the transformation in the countryside should be pretty impressive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

London snow

Posted Imagehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2303959/UK-weather-When-end-Snow-falls-London-South-East-Spring-Freeze-keeps-grip-Britain.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Northern England snow

Posted Image

Hahaha lol nice one!

Posted

Can anyone remember the last time it rained, like proper rained, for a day? Just as noteworthy as the cold, which isn't all that noteworthy anymore other than for longevity, has been the dryness. Ploughed fields round here are ochre coloured, rather than a boggy mess, dust is blowing around on paths and the fields have got even browner. It's quite odd. When/if we do get a warm damp spell the transformation in the countryside should be pretty impressive.

Was it when it snowed and then rained straight after? Broke my poor little heart.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Probably late January here when the breakdown event was followed by a wet day where much of the heavy snow melted but since then it's either been snow or sometimes a sleety mixture but on the whole it's been dry.

I still don't think that we will be looking at a drought later in the year although I hope we do as we are certainly due a dry summer and preferably a warm, dry one.

Posted

When I going to work in Chorley about 8-45AM it was snowing for about 5 minutes then it turned back to rain. strange.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Statistics for the first 3 months of this year sum up the dryness and prolonged cold we have had IMBY.

179mm of rain although most of it fell as snow.

60 nights with temperatures below freezing point, 25 of them in March.

179mm seems a lot but when put against last summers deluges it is positively dry and I would certainly take the same over the next 3 months although wouldn't be happy with another 60 nights of frost.

TBH I can't ever remember a winter where I've scraped ice of the car on as many occasions as this one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I think our area is going to be locked in the cold (and perhaps snowy) conditions for a long time yet.. can't say how long, but I think into May is just about conceivable. To be honest I'm not looking forward to what I'm confident will be another very cool and wet summer!

Obviously though one persons bugbear is another persons delight!

Posted

I reckon we have had 50 or so frosts this year so far. It has been frost night after night recently. Not had a really mild night for weeks. Even that one mild March day we had near the start of the month, it started of sub zero with a frost.

Edited by Weather-history

Posted

What has also been notable is the number of dry frosts i.e. non visible Frost due to the very dry air. There has been many à morning well below freezing when it has appeared to have been no Frost. The amount of polar continental air has been the reason. Sharp white hoar frost tends to occur in polar maritime or arctic maritime air thanks to more moisture in the air. I cant remember the last Frost free night. The last 4 week period alone has returned more frosts than many à whole winter season, conditions since mid feb have been more like you see in eastern and ne Europe in late winter and early spring, very continental. Pity we cant seen to get such weather in the season when we want it i.e. summer.