Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well, all hope of a White Christmas is now gone! lol. I do find his forecasts interesting but I wish they were a little more correct.

Really?How accurate are the model runs at t504? I cannot claim to have seen any.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Really?How accurate are the model runs at t504? I cannot claim to have seen any.

I think the point is if Joe forecasts it - it won't happen...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I for one am pleased what the models are showing at the moment. Mostly dry and not cold. So at least we're all gonna save on our heating bills lol and madden going to be wrong lets see how he try's and wiggles his way out of this one. Sorry mods couldn't resist.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Only hope at this moment is JB latest twitter updates about UK regarding Xmas Week, that post SS looks slightly positive/neutral not complete turnaround and then dropping around the 16th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

God i am so bored with this countries winter weather.  i suppose at least mild temperatures will mean less heating needs to be on, but to be honest so much for the hyped headlines earlier this month (and from most of the weather forecasting sites) about this winter being colder than normal, etc.  I have given up believing anything now.

• Like 1

Time for a moan .

Staying away from the modle thread for a while to many agendas.

certain members must have smoke coming off their key boards when the models go mild they cant wait to post,and post and post some more,it makes it so obvious who the WUM's are and tbh im baffled as to why it goes on and on be it winter or summer,year after year..

moan over..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

So....4 days into December. Winter's over posts galore already because it looks like a mid-latitude block may persist in giving us s/SE'erlies...? Posted Image

I didn't think an FI chart showing blocking high pressure, giving us debatable mild weather, was any more likely than one showing a block providing with us with cold..or am I wrong? Posted Image

I do agree that there is currently support for this high to set up over Central Europe for some time yes....but to me when mild weather is shown it is suddenly a dead cert for 2 weeks+ going by posts from some...?? Just look at the changes we have had in the past couple of days...Posted Image

And whilst people may get annoyed by posters banging on about mild weather...take a moment to sit in their shoes and read pages and pages of people searching for cold Posted Image  (PS I love cold and snow - don't hit me)

One thing I am dreading though....is if we get days and days of slate grey skies...Posted Image  Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

IB a bit depressing/negative again with christmas pudding, he keeps saying expect mild and zonal, every post practically

I would it rather stayed high pressure dominated, just a shame skies wont be clear, 12Z GFS suggests 10C on tuesday boooooo! but just hope for a slight northward movement, even so surely GFS overdoing temps

Edited by IrememberAtlantic252

Posted

Ohhhh if only I could afford a winter vacation for the next two weeks right now, today's charts basically say no sunshine till Winter Equinox.

Posted

Looking on the bright side...could be an easy run up to Christmas with travelling, sorting stuff, making arrangements, nights out etc.

As good as December 2010 was, it was quite difficult getting stuff done...and our staff night out on the 20th was a bit sparse.

Last year, I just got sick of getting wet everytime I left the house.

Maybe a quiet December won't be too bad.

Still a long way to go in weather terms anyway. Things could get very wet or cold very quick...or both in quick succsession!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Take it as it comes people....there's nuthin' else ye can dae! Nae amount o' moanin' is gauny gie us snaw, or ice, or sunshine or....or...whitever ye want. Weather will dae whit it wants.......no' whit we want it tae dae. Anyhoo, getting breezier by the minute up here. Is it time tae haud oan tae yer hats?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Biggest straw clutch ive ever seen on model thread, a GEM ensemble in deepest FI, not knocking the poster, bit of fun, but shows how bad things are

but are things bad? cannot expect cold in Dec, low levels south, I much rather this setup than cold zonality 2C with rain

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yes looking very ordinary for Winter lovers for a while.

Some watching and waiting required for anything really Wintery whilst the Euro High does a continental tour in the next week or 2.

Quiet,dry probably cloudy at times.

Maybe some frost if we can get a drier and colder surface flow off the continent if the high moves into a favourable position,although i don't expect it far enough north for any deep cold to come this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

We continue to get sustained periods of the same type of weather. A whole month of easterly winds last March/April, much high pressure for long periods over the summer and guess what? We are in another lengthy dry spell now.

So I guess we just need to be patient. Your preferred weather type will come, whether that is cold and snowy, cold and dry or zonal and wet! For me either of the first 2 please! It might be a while until we see a major pattern change though.

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Wow this winter is looking like it's going to turn out really disappointing again. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

Wow this winter is looking like it's going to turn out really disappointing again. 

That depends on what you hope the weather in winter will be surely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

This is such boring weather we are having in the south! Posted Image I think I need to move north!

When will that high bugger off!

• Like 1

It's so frustrating that when the models show signs/signals of blocking to the north/north east that it won't happen but you can bet your bottom dollar that when the further outlook shows 'milder' options it happens! The ec32 will show a different story tomorrow and I bet it occurs but yet when it showed cold blocking it simply doesn't :( Sod's law.

• Like 1

Posted

Why? It's the 5th of December and you are throwing the towel in already ?

Posted

Looking at the current weather outside I'd much rather have that than borefest we're looking for next week or so but on the other hand a more active Atlantic type pattern would  probaly put us in an even worse position for cold so it's one of them really.

Edited by SnowObsessor90

Posted

This thread is old now so i will lock it shortly and open a new thread titled-

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Winter 2013/14

so please hold off posting for just a few minutes.

Posted