Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Uneventful is how I'd describe last night here, only notable was the high minimum temp. Shame as this area recorded many of the daily high temps throughout the heatwave. Sod all to show for it, not even any proper rain! 5 weeks left of summer....please, more heat and storms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

a real decent proper (unicellular) storm missed us by about 7 miles yesterday evening, but i witnessed some very impressive lightening from it, real angry, frequent stuff. freinds living in beeston and long eaton testify to the storms strength.

i woke up to the usual, half baked rumbles, heavy rain, pretty rubbish really. its a pity that nearby storm wasnt a multicel in a larger squall line...

Posted
Utterly disgusting output. Don't know when I'll next see the sun. The whole of this week looks a complete disaster zone with SE winds bringing the usual depressing concoction of cloud, below average maxima, rain and fog. A week of hell that could be taken straight from last summerPosted Image 

God I am sick of the relentless North Sea influence on our weather in summer nowadays. The last normal westerly summer month was August 2005 and since then any unsettled weather always results in us getting vile SE winds and stuck under cloud for days on end with no respite. Rain no longer clears to sunshine like it does the other 9 months of the year. As soon as it stops, in summer, fog and murk sets in Posted Image 

• Like 2

Posted

So it's a blip after all - rejoice!

A beautiful late afternoon here with temps around 26c.

Posted

Well certainly Devon and Cornwall, Bristol to me is not the true true southwest

Bristol is the gateway to the South West.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow !!!!

Please let this heatwave END...... an eight month old baby not being able to sleep..not fun.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Please let this heatwave END...... an eight month old baby not being able to sleep..not fun.

Yes, whilst some may relish this weather, it should be remembered there are those that do not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

A few rumbles earlier this morning with steady rain its actually been a not bad day got pretty warm this afternoon but its looking dark again to my south east it was warmer this afternoon than anytime in last 2 weeks winds not coming off sea make a big difference :)

Posted

fed up with rain...

• Like 1

Posted

fed up with rain...

Send some to me! Forgotten what it looks like!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

If it's going to continue hot, with hot uncomfortable nights, it can all go to hell as far as i'm concerned

Sick to death with punks out on the streets, during these warm nights

Everyone leaving their windows wide open, with unsavioury smells, and crap music blasting out

Everyone will be turning into zombies, as the lack of decent sleep, surely effects the mind

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Wow what a storm we got around 10pm last night it def wasnt expected after missing out from the real heat the last 2 weeks with low cloud etc last nites thunder and light show made up for that at one point lightning was all around us here im only on iphone 3gs so couldnt take pictures and to top it all off i witnessed ball lightning amazing stuff what left a distict sulpher smell after amazing cheers mother nature :)

Posted

How tedious is the model output thread at the moment, two posters in particular just constantly churning out the same old drivel and only posting when they think they have the opportunity to ramp up unsettled and supposedly 'autumnal' charts. I haven't seen any evidence in the charts of anything autumnal in the offing. That thread is really testing my patience at the minute! Even when you have posters set to ignore they still often get quoted by others so you still have to read their posts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

How tedious is the model output thread at the moment, two posters in particular just constantly churning out the same old drivel and only posting when they think they have the opportunity to ramp up unsettled and supposedly 'autumnal' charts. I haven't seen any evidence in the charts of anything autumnal in the offing. That thread is really testing my patience at the minute! Even when you have posters set to ignore they still often get quoted by others so you still have to read their posts.

Do not feed the trolls, if everyone just ignores their drivel they will soon get bored, I can see enough in the models to know they are talking garbage and just read the posts from the people who have something constructive to add.

• Like 1

Posted

didnt see last nights posts, but isnt ramping up charts interpreted as 'autumnal' just as inaccurate as charts ramping up heat chances? looking at the model thread this morning youd think that another hot spell was a certainty.... it isnt... post a one liner saying 'its going to get hot' and get the 'star of popularity' whilst a well though out supported unbiased post that doesnt champion heat gets ignored by most..

• Like 5

Posted

' whilst a well though out supported unbiased post that doesnt champion heat gets ignored by most..

This may be the case but most of the posts I'm referring to are far from unbiased Mushy!

• Like 1

Posted

And just to add on to my post in the model thread - this thread is the model banter thread, not to be confused with the have a go at other members thread! If you think someone is trolling, please ignore and report the post(s) in question, otherwise please don't use this, the main model or any other thread to vent at them as it's not in the spirit of the community.

And before someone tells me this thread is for 'moaning' - it's for moaning about the model output not the people discussing the model output :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

It was always unlikely this dry and hot run we have enjoyed/endured was likely to continue through the rest of the summer like in 1976.  That only happens once in a blue moon.

So what are we left with?  As often happens, the UK is left sandwiched between a huge area of high pressure giving oppressive temperatures to parts of Europe, and a large stubborn low buffering against it. 

Like others have said, whilst it stays anchored to our west, we are left in a southerly humid flow with plenty for storm lovers to get excited about.

I am not too unhappy about this summer.  I've been living in shorts for about 4 weeks now continually!  That's not happened for a good few summers.

I think anyone unhappy about losing the super high pressure is living in the wrong country - try the Midwest of the US Posted Image

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 1

Posted

re not like 1976

the comment from the Met Office, part of it below shows that in some aspects it exceeds that summer hot spell

The United Kingdom saw a prolonged period of high temperatures between Saturday 6 July and Thursday 24 July. A maximum temperature of 28 C or more was recorded at one or more location on each of those 19 days. The last time the UK saw such a long period of hot weather was August 1997 which also had a 19 day run of high temperatures. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Thanks for that John.  If August continued in the same vein as the last few days with humid conditions in the lower to mid 20s, interspersed with some drier more settled spells, 2013 would be talked about as one of best summers for many years.

I was only a baby during the 1976 summer. But my father tells me the government were so desperate for rain following the hot summer of 1975 (9th warmest on record), and dry winter in 75/76 that they appointed a minister for drought.  It did the trick, it started to rain soon after!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1538065/Drought-and-the-minister-for-rain.html

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 1

Posted

... post a one liner saying 'its going to get hot' and get the 'star of popularity' whilst a well though out supported unbiased post that doesnt champion heat gets ignored by most..

it gets worse.... recently a couple of posts which made good sense got no likes, but a post who agreed with those posts got half a dozen! how does that work?

not that it matters, can do away with that like button for me

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

it gets worse.... recently a couple of posts which made good sense got no likes, but a post who agreed with those posts got half a dozen! how does that work?

It's the year 2013, popularity makes no sense whatsoever. Look at the music industry Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Come on, rob? Who cares how many likes you (or I) get?Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Come on, rob? Who cares how many likes you (or I) get?Posted Image

i dont, its the pointlessness of them and the bizarre voting that gets my goat...

• Like 1