Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The borefest continues from the model output.Quiet 1st half of December with fog and frost.

hope so, I'll settle for that! wintry start to Dec then good newz!

I still think Dec mild and wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

going by the outputs for the next week or so it looks boring to say the least and yet again ecmf toying with another northerly at oh yes at 240h, u knw ecmf should have a health warning like they have on fag packets.

Posted

Sorry to interrupt but had the first snow fall tonight and it's not even Winter yet who said this cold spell blast was nothing!!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Think i'll drop the Met Office a word or two

For the past 24 hours, it's been gusting over gale force (40mph) here

It's been relentless (especially high gusts in showers)

Right now, it's showing no signs of easing down

Even outside of any showers, it's a mean speed of 25mph (Northerly)

Gusting to 41mph, as i type this

No wind warnings were put out for the south-west

I fear to open my north facing window... as i will struggle to close it again

Captured some audio evidence, early this morning ;)

Edited by stevofunnelcl
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

The borefest continues from the model output.Quiet 1st half of December with fog and frost.

Nothing boring about that type of weather, in fact it's the next best thing after cold and snowy weather, so if I can't have that then this high pressure can hang around a very long time, even if it ends up being a cloudy high with no frost, I'd even prefer that to zonal rubbish.
  • Like 1

Posted

I was thinking last night about how exciting and vibrant the weather was when I was a kid growing up in the 80s.

Everything seemed to happen by the book, we had proper gales and blizzards, massive thunderstorms, clear, hot summers.

Now we just seem to get 'mono-weather' in fact the only thing of note in the past 10 years are the winters.

Why is the weather so much less exciting than it used to be, and it's not my age, it really is less mobile.

Everything seems to stick around for weeks now, we don't even get proper northerly topplers like we used to?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I think despite the fact that models aren't showing anything especially wintry in the foreseeable, especially once the high milds out next week, the saving grace is that it will be dry. I'm sure most people on the forum will welcome a dry period after a wet October and first part of November. The testing factor will be sunshine amounts - if it becomes a cloudy high and sticks around for a while, I know that from a personal point of view that the lack of sunlight will get to me after a while.

Posted

Zonal reset - who makes all this crap up. Does anyone really think that you can press control, alt, delete and every thing starts again LOL. Straw clutching at its most amusing. All of a sudden the weather is set in stone for the next god knows how long when only 2-3 days ago there was mass hysteria cos the models all showed something different.

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls
  • Like 4

Posted

Nothing boring about that type of weather, in fact it's the next best thing after cold and snowy weather, so if I can't have that then this high pressure can hang around a very long time, even if it ends up being a cloudy high with no frost, I'd even prefer that to zonal rubbish.

No..No..No..No...NoMild means heating stays off.Cold and dry means it doesnt.Cold and snow means it doesnt..but i love snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I think despite the fact that models aren't showing anything especially wintry in the foreseeable, especially once the high milds out next week, the saving grace is that it will be dry. I'm sure most people on the forum will welcome a dry period after a wet October and first part of November. The testing factor will be sunshine amounts - if it becomes a cloudy high and sticks around for a while, I know that from a personal point of view that the lack of sunlight will get to me after a while.

The golf course was a bit soggy in places earlier so an extended dry period would be welcomed by me. Models looking good as far as i'm concerned.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

The golf course was a bit soggy in places earlier so an extended dry period would be welcomed by me. Models looking good as far as i'm concerned.

Yes agree there.

Fed up already of cleaning the mud of my golf shoes/equipment and seeking relief from casual water on the fairways.

A dry Anticyclonic week or so will be welcomed by me.

The only downside will be the inevitable gloom it will likely bring next week as it picks up the milder uppers from the west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Heads up for model flipedge! (24/48) from now, the graduations are envisions, that scream flip..scenarios to come nearly reliable time parameters soon....IMO.

And that's on the colder side of the coin...

Posted

SMELL THE AIR .... THE COLD IS GONG TO BE HERE BY THE 3-12-2013 . NAFF THEM CHARTS , WE WILL GET A SNOW FEST THIS YEAR AND INTO JANUARY ... I KNOW IT AS I WAS A SEA WORTHY MAN AND I SMELT THE SEA MANY OF TIMES ... THE WEATHER IS IN THE WATER NOT IN THE ATMOSSPHERE ... OLD MAN TALKING HERE I SMELL COLD .

• Like 6

Posted

I fear Dec is shaping up to be a Dec '11, with frequent NW winds, no good for my location, just had sleet on Dec 16th to 18th, where as Stoke 200m had 4 inches of snow

cold zonality absolutely stinks for here

• Like 1

Posted

SMELL THE AIR .... THE COLD IS GONG TO BE HERE BY THE 3-12-2013 . NAFF THEM CHARTS , WE WILL GET A SNOW FEST THIS YEAR AND INTO JANUARY ... I KNOW IT AS I WAS A SEA WORTHY MAN AND I SMELT THE SEA MANY OF TIMES ... THE WEATHER IS IN THE WATER NOT IN THE ATMOSSPHERE ... OLD MAN TALKING HERE I SMELL COLD .

thats what i always say they think we are madPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and dry. Snow would be good though.

I wonder if exacta weather are starting to regret those sensationalist headlines now...

Not fussed on snow either way (although it is good when we do get some) but a nice cold dry run of weather is what I'm looking for..

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

No they will not have regrets as it was all publicity right or wrong!

Gibby always downplays cold, he is the opposite to the express!

But so does our climate! IMO Gibby provides sensible well balanced non sensational analysis.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

Gibby always downplays cold, he is the opposite to the express!

The Gibster is like the Met Office, he sits on the fence right until something is almost nailed on that way he doesn't look like a fool, no one would take him seriously otherwise, I'm sure most in here do have an interest in what he has to say.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The Gibster is like the Met Office, he sits on the fence right until something is almost nailed on that way he doesn't look like a fool, no one would take him seriously otherwise, I'm sure most in here do have an interest in what he has to say.

Which is, when you think about, a darn sight more responsible than what the Daily Express and James Madden choose to do?

• Like 6

Posted

Really do not see anything exciting on models, all I see is a northerly toppler on Dec 6th, and is still FI and is bound to be wrecked by a spoiler shortwave

Posted

I'd rather have wet and windy over this current durge. Apart from some frosty nights the weather has been a yawn fest lately. Bring back some powerful Atlantic lp's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

lets face it the cfs is worse than any model that goes out to fi its absolute rubbish.

the models tonight are showing signs of something but always in fi I wont buy into it until the vortex has been sent packing or is completely split we had a euphoric moment or should I say euphoric moments so far this autumn but theres nothing even in the teleconnections that even show that realistically theres nothing more than a nw or maybe a polar toppler.

as for razor blades no where near its more frustration because its seeing a trend and waiting until that is with in the realistic timeframe and I really am writing of December but this don't mean we cant have a good winter I think the euphoria early this autumn has really showed that things change with in hours.

I see nothing more than nw flow and some wintry stuff for the north and nw and that is it and that's realistic which is a start but forgive me for saying I right of December except for the north which says that its a normal typical December uk type weather.