Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yh we also got to learn we can't just keep binning model runs especially the pub runs as they have 6 more hours of data a classic example of that was last nite. And now the ecm and other models support last nites pub run. Not good because no snow when it looked so promising a few days ago

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I always say GFS is the best, top and most accurate model, ECMWF is not accurate, famous run on 5th Dec '12

even in FI I always think GFS is more likely nearer correct than ECMWF

Posted

Looks like HP is gonna be drifting around near us or over the top of us for the foreseeable. Will be pretty chilly. Not sure if it will be a cloudy or sunny high though.

Posted

Well at least the models weren't promising snowmegeddon, in which case I can imagine there would be a severe bout of depression on the model thread. As far as I could see the most I could have hoped for in the near FI range would have been near ice days and 'some' snow if i was lucky.

Now the autopsies start on which model did best etc etc etc. during this period.. Posted Image

Posted

By my reckoning it's the 4th day of the weather borefest - dull, cloudy, misty, murk (was a sunny for a while here today).

Stagnant HP setup for next week or so; interupted by tomorrow's rain action.

November, i find, is the most awful month weatherwise.

Yawn!!

Posted

By my reckoning it's the 4th day of the weather borefest - dull, cloudy, misty, murk (was a sunny for a while here today).Stagnant HP setup for next week or so; interupted by tomorrow's rain action.November, i find, is the most awful month weatherwise.Yawn!!

Beautiful by my reckoning....nice hard frost...bit of fog this morning, locally some winteryness....and all followed up with a beautiful crisp clear day.....hoefully lots more of the same to come

• Like 1

Posted

I've heard faux cold mentioned in the mod thread for first time in ages. You can roll that up and put that where the sun don't shine please Posted Image

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Loving the blue skies today.  Brilliant light for taking photos at this time of the year.  More of the same please :)  Can wait patiently for the snow and super low temperatures, as long as the rain holds off..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Loving the blue skies today. Brilliant light for taking photos at this time of the year. More of the same please :) Can wait patiently for the snow and super low temperatures, as long as the rain holds off..

Yes, lovely sunshine and fresh, cold air. Was outside all day on the allotment and have that 'glow' now :) Hopefully the high pressure will be a sunny one with fog and frost by night.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Well I've seen enough just recently started out as a Greenland mega block then Scandinavia block then UK block then a sinker into Europe were we didn't want it to end up let's be reminded of October just gone, because December looks like heading the same way.

Remove low pressure to our south and swap that for block we know the outcome even worse the vortex this year is angry and it was so close to something exceptional if you believed the models a week ago.

Ok so we have something more seasonal to come for the next ten days or so perhaps a little sooner will a more zonal set up start to invade.

Funny how solar activity goes threw the roof and the vortex and jet stream get more active.

Anyway I've seen enough to convince me that and colder spell is not likely this side of Christmas got an awfully bad feeling about this winter full stop.

Mind u last winter had the same fail in December.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Well I've seen enough just recently started out as a Greenland mega block then Scandinavia block then UK block then a sinker into Europe were we didn't want it to end up let's be reminded of October just gone, because December looks like heading the same way.Remove low pressure to our south and swap that for block we know the outcome even worse the vortex this year is angry and it was so close to something exceptional if you believed the models a week ago.Ok so we have something more seasonal to come for the next ten days or so perhaps a little sooner will a more zonal set up start to invade.Funny how solar activity goes threw the roof and the vortex and jet stream get more active.Anyway I've seen enough to convince me that and colder spell is not likely this side of Christmas got an awfully bad feeling about this winter full stop.Mind u last winter had the same fail in December.

So Winter 13/14 wrote off already just coz Autumn didnt have blizzards and a mega freeze......did this time last year have anything different? no it did not.. how many people were posting winters over etc before December last year? for gods sake its still mid November..if it was mid Feb then yes toys out of the pram but not before winter is even started.....when will people on this site ever learn...

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

So Winter 13/14 wrote off already just coz Autumn didnt have blizzards and a mega freeze......did this time last year have anything different? no it did not.. how many people were posting winters over etc before December last year? for gods sake its still mid November..if it was mid Feb then yes toys out of the pram but not before winter is even started.....when will people on this site ever learn...

Haha, don't waste your breath, there are far too many big children on here that didn't get a big enough slap when needed. You are quite right, it's still Autumn, we have the full 3 MONTHS of winter ahead of us and it's being written off already. I'm sure a zonal December followed by a snowy, freezing January would be more than acceptable to most people on here, who knows anything can happen.
  • Like 5

Posted

of course some folk never learn, or perhaps never give up trying a wind up

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

If I look over a garden fence lookin ahead at rows of fences into the distance from other gardens I might spot some one sitting on one..but I could also miss something right in front of me, under my nose.. I don't see much model output discussion on 24hr time frame, could be some surprises with this cold spell...fact is its not severe away from north high ground but its really only just started? things can change as we move ahead the models change every run so who knows!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

This November is pretty similar to November 1962 in what's been and how the models are shaping it up to end....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Dec is shaping up to be zonal, cannot expect any cold weather yet, last winter was a typical winter, cold from mid Jan

Yes I am writing Dec off, like last year it will be zonal and mild, but Jan to April is when cold setups could happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Got a little sleet this morning .It was all I wanted and is all I Got....

Posted
Another desperately poor cold spell. A wafer thin covering of snow yesterday, cold rain, sleet and wind today, more cold rain tomorrow, only 4 hours below freezing and an absolute low of -1C. We got more frost and colder temperatures from the zonality in the first week of the monthPosted Image 

5C forecast as a min tonight which would be the joint mildest of the month. It's truly laughable. Just like last winter the "mild" spells deliver colder temps than the "cold" spells Posted Image 

Posted

Another desperately poor cold spell. A wafer thin covering of snow yesterday, cold rain, sleet and wind today, more cold rain tomorrow, only 4 hours below freezing and an absolute low of -1C. We got more frost and colder temperatures from the zonality in the first week of the monthPosted Image

5C forecast as a min tonight which would be the joint mildest of the month. It's truly laughable. Just like last winter the "mild" spells deliver colder temps than the "cold" spells Posted Image

Most would appreciate your wafer thin covering Posted Image

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Ugh, look at this horror show, mild south-westerlies, a powerful vortex, and the high's going to sink. No way back from here:

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Ugh, look at this horror show, mild south-westerlies, a powerful vortex, and the high's going to sink. No way back from here:

Posted Image

Lol great post. I would take a whole month or two of soggy mild south-westerlies if we could just have one epic prolonged cold spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I've seen a few posters in the mod thread talking about needing a zonal reset of the pattern to give a better chance of cold further down the line, do some people never learn! All I can say to those wanting that is, be careful what you wish for!

• Like 1