Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Not exactly the sort of temperatures i was hoping for with me running the Great Yorkshire Run in Sheffield looking for a PB. Looks rather warm and muggy.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like the settled spell will be gone by weds for the majority. Just the kind of settled spell i like doesn't go on to long and doesn't get overly warm. See quite a few posts today expressing disappointment about this warm spell, well thats the trouble when you get taken in by the misleading posts.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Yup, and as you can see on that satellite image, my area has been stuck under persistent cloudcover all weekend with not even a hint of brightness. Whilst it has been warm and humid, without the sunshine it hasn't really been that noticeable yet here.

Hopefully the next few days will provide us a glimpse of that elusive yellow orb before Autumn proper returns next weekend.

Evesham too, under cloudy skies, Drove from Birmingham down to Evesham, largely sunny in Brum , increasing cloud the further south I wentPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looks like the settled spell will be gone by weds for the majority. Just the kind of settled spell i like doesn't go on to long and doesn't get overly warm. See quite a few posts today expressing disappointment about this warm spell, well thats the trouble when you get taken in by the misleading posts.

And yet 22-24C was reported widely in Eastern Scotland, North East England, Midlands, East Anglia so a good part of the UK ended getting exactly what we said, what exactly the GFS temperature prediction said. Forecast for today was pretty spot on except for the south east corner where the cloud stuck all day.

Western and southern areas, given wind direction were always going to have low cloud issues, just like eastern areas have in easterly flows.

BTW ECM was only 6C out today for temperatures, same for the BBC prediction for here. No wonder Yarmouth was so quiet today, the public thought it would be cloudy and 18C when instead it was Sunny and 24C which I pretty much knew it would be......

heh....

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

According to my car thermometer it was 24.5c at Wells-next-the-Sea today. Looks like it might have been the country's hot spot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

After a foggy morning its been a cracking day here in skeg 23c tops today even went for paddle in sea which felt nice sunshine all the way B)

• Like 1

Posted

CS thank god the zzzzz fest will be over soon. Im not a fan of nothingness and staring at endless hp charts all day long is enough to send you to sleep.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

CS thank god the zzzzz fest will be over soon. Im not a fan of nothingness and staring at endless hp charts all day long is enough to send you to sleep.

It's nice to be outside in it though. October soon enough, and the fun/torture of winter model watching will begin in earnest.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It's nice to be outside in it though. October soon enough, and the fun/torture of winter model watching will begin in earnest.

Indeed best to eek out the warmth and sun now, especially if it also acts to load the cold to our north east :)

Not going to have raging zonality if the Polar vortex is over the other side of the Pole.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

what misleading posts?... the ones suggesting itll be cooler then what we are getting?  i only saw posts commenting on what the current runs were showing, with charts to support that comment. the charts change, so posts made based on earlier charts become inaccurate.

ps i hope you are as scathing of misleading cold biased posts (including the ones you make! :p :lol:) or is it only warm biased that isnt allowed?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

you dont have to read the posts on the md thread to know the content...just look who 'liked' it and youll get the jist!

• Like 1

Posted

Another day of nothingness weather coming up. Roll on the weekend when fingers crossed hopefully the weather will become a bit more interesting. As per JH though doesn't look like any major autumn storms on the horizon which is very disappointing.

Posted

Another day of nothingness weather coming up. Roll on the weekend when fingers crossed hopefully the weather will become a bit more interesting. As per JH though doesn't look like any major autumn storms on the horizon which is very disappointing.

Unless the ECM verified

Posted Image

Just imagine that 100 miles further west, the Atlantic shall not pass!!! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Unless the ECM verified

Posted Image

Just imagine that 100 miles further west, the Atlantic shall not pass!!! Posted Image

It doesn't matter. Luckily with our climate nothing lasts a long time, just a case of biding time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It doesn't matter. Luckily with our climate nothing lasts a long time, just a case of biding time.

Looking at CFS October will continue dry and fairly mild it could be November before we see the Atlantic winding up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I have to say we have been very unlucky with this so called sunny and warm spell of weather.

I completely agree with NBLSB about having some more active wet and windy weather back over this boring rubbish!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

long may this boring rubbish continue. Another beautiful sunny day no wind temperature climbing, just fingers crossed that the fog and low cloud which seems all around this location stays away. T currently 17.7C

• Like 2

Posted

Looking at CFS October will continue dry and fairly mild it could be November before we see the Atlantic winding up

That i'll do for me better late than never. But then again there is no reason for the CFS to be correct. It's better to try and work out the weather 1 week at a time.

Posted

Posted by Matt H on twitter.

post-115-0-46577900-1379928685_thumb.png

bring it on homies

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls

Posted

I'll look forward to his winter forecast, though his summer one wasn't great

What was his summer forecast out of interest?

Posted

Matt Hugo posts whatever the models/teleconnections show, if they are wrong, so are his posts. Simple like the weekend and this week Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Matt Hugo posts whatever the models/teleconnections show, if they are wrong, so are his posts. Simple like the weekend and this week Posted Image

As are all other forecasters CS!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What was his summer forecast out of interest?

Probably neither better nor worse than anyone-else's...