Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted

exactly!

pc was lucky in bournemouth, many of us were right to remain scepticle, even in the heatwave we here had 'that' weekend, where it was dull, overcast, light patchy drizzle in a stiff northeasterly... no doubt pc had a great time down sarf, sheltered by the midlands, but it wasnt a wall to wall heatfest for some that others had.

and the spell in early june might have been great for those in the west and on the south coast, it was very pleasant, but not as good as others got. its all very well for the lucky to make snide remarks about the others, but not everyone had it so good.

as for the heatwave breaking down... it went two weeks ago, a day of heavy torrential rain... we are left in nomans land where days might be nice, one or two were hot, we got 31c! for a few hours last thursday, but sunshine has been at a premium.

so paraoh clutchstraw, you get the prize for the most imby perspective on the summer! Posted ImagePosted Image

i thank you! (bows)Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

pleased you are the exception and get the heat.. according to accuweather you got 24 yesterday, not bickering over a degree or so... but you are expected 20c today, not 25c..

btw theres 3 weeks of sumer left... not 8! Posted Image

Posted

24 again today and a nice warm breeze at the moment. The temps may have even increased in the last hour to 25. This weather would have been a blessing in the run up to mid summer in June. There are even large cumulus clouds building this eve due to the heat and warmth :) not surprising as mid summer was just 6 or 7 weeks ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

24 again today and a nice warm breeze at the moment. The temps may have even increased in the last hour to 25. This weather would have been a blessing in the run up to mid summer in June. There are even large cumulus clouds building this eve due to the heat and warmth Posted Image not surprising as mid summer was just 6 or 7 weeks ago.

not got the hang of this quoting thing yet have you? :lol:

click quote, when it appears in your reply box, click below the quote in its box... then type :)

im pleased for you (seriously, not being sarky!) you lot down there appear to have had a much better summer then some of us in other areas :)

Posted

not got the hang of this quoting thing yet have you? :lol:click quote, when it appears in your reply box, click below the quote in its box... then type :)im pleased for you (seriously, not being sarky!) you lot down there appear to have had a much better summer then some of us in other areas :)

That worked :). Come n move in for the summer but if your from ooop norf you had better bring your factor 75. ;)
  • Like 1

Posted

That worked :). Come n move in for the summer but if your from ooop norf you had better bring your factor 75. ;)

ee by gum ive pulled, can i bring my whippet?lol
  • Like 1

Posted

blimey is the south coast of england the new med? who needs benidorm or ibiza

Edited by Tony27
  • Like 1

Posted
Posted · Hidden by conor123, August 10, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by conor123, August 10, 2013 - No reason given

By far my most disliked summer weather pattern at the moment, the normally cloudy Shropshire is practically overcast from 8am-7pm everyday in this setup whilst the rest of the Midlands and Wales at least have 20c+ most days, it really is like late September.

Posted
Posted · Hidden by conor123, August 10, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by conor123, August 10, 2013 - No reason given

August August August, always an autumn month these days.

Slate grey skies all week bar Thursday here whilst the rest of the region had sunny spells and more of the same next week it seems with 22-25c likely over Birmingham south eastwards whilst its grey for us, roll on the September heatwaves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

I think the summer heat as peaked now, apart from odd day like this coming Thursday in the south east we are unlikely to see temps we had last week.

I´m predicting August to be average at best.

A few warm sunny days more especially in south and east but generally cooler and unsettled at times.

I think my prediction for August is just about proving to be correct so far.

Definitely felt cooler last couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I think I might cry looking at the models. All I want is a sunny day - is that really too much to ask! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

looking good in just over a weeks time. Come on everyone, lets welcome the Azores high back to the UK and make sure it's timeshare here runs out before winter starts Posted Image

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

Can that rumoured Azores High hurry up and come in AHEAD of next weekend please?

Even if no more than just about near enough to the SW to kill off any downpour risk for the Thursday (15th) to Monday (19th) period? In the Devon and Cornwall area ....

<prays. lots.>

Edited by William of Walworth

Posted

the azores high is there, where it belongs, over the azores... we need a displaced azores high :p

Posted

Absolutely (yes I've had that lesson before and I do know, really),

But I want an AH displacement to move near enough to S Devon in that above period to be spared downpours this coming weekend.

Is SW England threatened with a washout this weekend?

Current output far from optimistic right now/this morning, but as we know exact track of lows can be hard to pin down a few days ahead, so I'm still clinging to hope that future output will shift the centre of the low further enough North to keep the far South -- or more? --  drier. For my last major summer festival of the season ...!!!

(Keeping this out of the grown up model output discussin thread for fear of being deemed irrelevant ...  besides, they're all irrelevantly!! chatting about next week over there, not so much this one ...)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Absolutely (yes I've had that lesson before and I do know, really),But I want an AH displacement to move near enough to S Devon in that above period to be spared downpours this coming weekend.Is SW England threatened with a washout this weekend?Current output far from optimistic right now/this morning, but as we know exact track of lows can be hard to pin down a few days ahead, so I'm still clinging to hope that future output will shift the centre of the low further enough North to keep the far South -- or more? -- drier. For my last major summer festival of the season ...!!!(Keeping this out of the grown up model output discussin thread for fear of being deemed irrelevant ... besides, they're all irrelevantly!! chatting about next week over there, not so much this one ...)

Pop into the South West regional thread every now and again throughout the week. There are a few of us in there that will happily look into the weekends weather down our part of the world.As it stands currently it's looking reasonable. Not completely dry and a shower or two can't be ruled out but compared to other parts of the country, it will be at the calmer end of the spectrum. Edited by AWD

Posted

Cheers. I've got to go out now, but I will definitely follow that idea up later. Thanks!

Posted

looking good in just over a weeks time. Come on everyone, lets welcome the Azores high back to the UK and make sure it's timeshare here runs out before winter starts Posted Image

Problem is that it is quite far ahead so always subject to change.

Looking rather unsettled up to then though becoming a little warmer.

Posted

Yes, the unsettledness  of the immediate term is my main concern too.  If it turns lovely next week, which is more than on the cards with most recent HP-favouring output, then thats all well and good and I'd be as happy as most over on the other thread.

But those longing, indeed desparate! for this coming weekend to be less unsettled than current modelling suggests, are rightly nevous just now ...

Posted

think a settling down next week is almost certain.. its the nature of this settling that is in doubt. all dependant on wind direction/origin of airmass...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yes, the unsettledness of the immediate term is my main concern too. If it turns lovely next week, which is more than on the cards with most recent HP-favouring output, then thats all well and good and I'd be as happy as most over on the other thread.But those longing, indeed desparate! for this coming weekend to be less unsettled than current modelling suggests, are rightly nevous just now ...

Hehe, yes, know how u feel....I'm going to a festival this weekend and am camping there for 3 nights. Wind, rain and cold are banned! If that stupid low moves a few hundred miles further north I'll relax a bit :) Where u going?

Posted

EC32 now going for a settled and warm period for end of august after going for unsettled couple of weeks ago - hmm well thats jinxed this upcoming  warm spell then !

Isn't this the model thats costs zillions and not available to mere mortals ? seems to flipflop all the time

Posted

Its looking stormy especially towards north west this weekend with a deep low to north west of uk.

Looking more settled next week but for how long? 

A bank holiday is coming up so it probably won´t last long. Posted Image

Edited by Bradowl

Posted

Hehe, yes, know how u feel....I'm going to a festival this weekend and am camping there for 3 nights. Wind, rain and cold are banned! If that stupid low moves a few hundred miles further north I'll relax a bit Posted Image Where u going?

I'm similarly festival-going ..... Beautiful Days, near Exeter, that Levellers-organised bash --  from Thurs 15th to Mon 19th.

Where are YOU going?

<prays for acceptably low mud-levels for all festie goers ... as every year ... !!!!! >

I'm similarly festival-going ..... Beautiful Days, near Exeter, that Levellers-organised bash --  from Thurs 15th to Mon 19th.

Where are YOU going?

<prays for acceptably low mud-levels for all festie goers ... as every year ... !!!!! >

For the most part looklng damp rather than wet.

Most of the rain forecast looking drizzly as opposed to heavy, Saturday looking the exception at this stage.

However there is the chance that later on Sunday, festival goers may be singing What a Beautiful Day, and might even be thinking about the weather at the time.