Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

I think decent agreement on this dreadfully hot weather now to end at last, been on too long now, we are in the UK, not spain for god's sake

and hopefully a typically modern 2004 onwards August coming up, no high pressure, no hot weather, Atlantic dominated, and around 20th, a reminder that Autumn is close

no thanks, more high pressure warm temps and loads of sun is what is wanted and stuff boring autumn as well.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

I think decent agreement on this dreadfully hot weather now to end at last, been on too long now, we are in the UK, not spain for god's sake

and hopefully a typically modern 2004 onwards August coming up, no high pressure, no hot weather, Atlantic dominated, and around 20th, a reminder that Autumn is close

Yes IHTR, Autumn is just round to corner now.. As much as I enjoy hot weather, im ready for a relieve now so i can sleep at night, And some exiting weather !

Just to quote Bobby...

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The irony of this post coming from someone called "Ihatetherain" Posted Image

More fine and warm weather please with occasional storms, the is the UK and I want something more than grey, cool and damp.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Autumn? Crikey we literally only just got rid of the cold of last winter a month or so ago! (ALL months this year bar July have been below average). 

The cold went on too long - we're in the UK, not Iceland for god's sake ;)

You cool, damp lovers have been very spoilt for many years now - 3 weeks in 7 years for us heat lovers is hardly 'too long' now is it?

No what we both need (for success of our crops/tourist industry) and want is a sunny, warm August with some decent showers from time to time. Cool & unsettled will only push up food & beer prices yet again with harvests ruined/reduced much like we've had for many years now.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

The week ahead looks hot, humid and thundery according to the 00z output, the gfs 00z shows a double hot plume, one early next week and then another later next week with a trough becoming anchored out to the southwest/west with high pressure to the north east and a feed of hot/humid continental air drifting north across the uk. Early in the period it looks sunny and increasingly hot & humid with scattered storms breaking out, the ecm 00z again shows the hot plume blossoming and pushing north into the uk, then a very thundery but still very warm and humid midweek onwards, a very continental type of weather with hot sticky days and very warm muggy nights with rumbles of thunder and torrential downpours mixed with hot, hazy sunshine, even by next weekend it looks warm and humid with sunshine and thundery showers, the week ahead looks a storm enthusiasts dream and hot enough to satisfy most heat fans hunger.Posted Image

and for me who hates both A WEEK OF HELL coming up

never know I might get lucky and storms circumvent me all week

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Autumn? Crikey we literally only just got rid of the cold of last winter a month or so ago! (ALL months this year bar July have been below average). The cold went on too long - we're in the UK, not Iceland for god's sake ;)You cool, damp lovers have been very spoilt for many years now - 3 weeks in 7 years for us heat lovers is hardly 'too long' now is it?No what we both need (for success of our crops/tourist industry) and want is a sunny, warm August with some decent showers from time to time. Cool & unsettled will only push up food & beer prices yet again with harvests ruined/reduced much like we've had for many years now.

Totally agree. The key phrase here is '3 weeks in 7 YEARS', yes that's truly how bad our weather has been. It's a bit hot but it's SUMMER, funny that! And most of this June was crap. Really baffles me how people can want cold and cloud, unless of course they are overweight, don't own a fan or running water, or are living on state handouts and don't pay any bills. Had friends over last night for a BBQ and cocktails, sitting outside til midnight in shorts/t shirts etc was delightful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Totally agree. The key phrase here is '3 weeks in 7 YEARS', yes that's truly how bad our weather has been. It's a bit hot but it's SUMMER, funny that! And most of this June was crap. Really baffles me how people can want cold and cloud, unless of course they are overweight, don't own a fan or running water, or are living on state handouts and don't pay any bills. Had friends over last night for a BBQ and cocktails, sitting outside til midnight in shorts/t shirts etc was delightful.

0verweight? I am 124lbs, not sure if its true that 0verweight people feel hotter in summer? but definitely true that fat people are never cold in winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

So much for this rubbish BURNING BACK TO THE COAST yawn( in Birmingham by the way)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

So much for this rubbish BURNING BACK TO THE COAST yawn( in Birmingham by the way)

Same here in W London, total cloud fest and 21C, annoying! Cloud actually looks like its spreading, not burning back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Yes, work all week while its brill sunshine then day off comes and this happens. Typical!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Still cloudy here but 19c so dont feel that bad suns burning holes 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

Haha, of course, how dare we have any sunshine. I've only just got used to not reading Purga talking about his epic cold uppers, so three weeks of sun and a bit of warmth isn't too much to begrudge us summer folks is it!

• Like 4

Posted

but you hate rain, forgive me if im wrong but doesn't Atlantic dominated weather equal rain?

Edited by Tony27

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Perhaps you should rename yourself ilovetherain?Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Perhaps you should rename yourself ilovetherain?Posted Image

the website will not let me change it! i dont love rain at all, but prefer it to this uncomfortable hot weather, hate rain in the winter

Posted

I did say to frosty a few days ago the cloud might be more of a problem this weekend but we will see! Anyway i wish i could be as optimistic as him lol.Imbyism with people at times but hope they get the weather they want.

Posted

Cloud definitely a problem, feels like a mini breakdown has already occurred. Moderate cool breeze and drizzly rain most of the day, pretty NON-EPIC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Cloud definitely a problem, feels like a mini breakdown has already occurred. Moderate cool breeze and drizzly rain most of the day, pretty NON-EPIC.

Things can only get better?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

One thing im sick of is these north easterlys very grim here this evening not very "best summer spell in 7 years " lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

One thing im sick of is these north easterlys very grim here this evening not very "best summer spell in 7 years " lol

Absolutely, SS - I'e lost count of the northeasterly winds...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

now you know how us southerners feel in winter, when the east coast gets heavy snow showers and we get bugger all!

I do hope things improver for you though, the east could be the best place to be next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Absolutely, SS - I'e lost count of the northeasterly winds...

Come winter they'll probably swing round to the southwest when its too late still that could give the SE temperatures in the low teens which aint bad for winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

For a change it has been absolutely beautiful down here in Cornwall .. Loads of sunshine and plenty of beach days and fishing trips , did not waste a minute .

I do feel for you good people who live in the cities and inland locations, can't be easy up there.... Nothing better than being able to cool of in the sea!

Anyway.........Bring on the thunderstorms!

• Like 2