Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted

Getting confused in the model thread, not for the first time. For southern half of England, is next Mon tue wed still meant to be hot, or has that been cancelled??

Getting confused in the model thread, not for the first time. For southern half of England, is next Mon tue wed still meant to be hot, or has that been cancelled??

Monday-Wednesday do look like they will still be hot, but it looks like a breakdown could come at the end of the week.

That's what I managed to get from it, anyway :p 

It seems all objectivity gets lost and emotions run riot in the model thread when heat/sun or cold/snow appears! Heat/sun rampers, cold/snow rampers, who ramps the most??

It could well be hot next week as the low to the SW pumps up heat from the south but looks likely this low will eventually lead to a breakdown, possibly a thundery breakdown. Don't know the details and timings yet though.

I for one hope the heatwave goes out with a big bang, kaboom.

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

bbc weather still has us in high 20's from tuesday next week been showing this all week

Posted

BBCforecastr also said the humidity next week will test the mettle of even the hardiest of heatwave lovers. Doesn't bode well for the vulnerable by the sounds of it.

• Like 1

Posted

ignore wrong thread

Edited by NUT

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Yes Thursday and Friday look a bit sticky but before that it doesn't look too bad by day generally. However it's FI land and we've seen a few differing ideas at time scale already this week so no firm trend bar hints of a break down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

BBCforecastr also said the humidity next week will test the mettle of even the hardiest of heatwave lovers. Doesn't bode well for the vulnerable by the sounds of it.

bring it on! it didnt defeat me in 75, 76, 83, 90, 95, 03, 06, etc! 

guess im lucky enough to have a strong tollerance to heat.

• Like 1

Posted

awww... its looking like we will lose the heat in about a weeks time (not certain).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The end is nigh...

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

bring it on! it didnt defeat me in 75, 76, 83, 90, 95, 03, 06, etc! 

guess im lucky enough to have a strong tollerance to heat.

Very lucky, wish I did, everything just so much more of a struggle,

Posted

It hasnt been to bad here in skeggy really we have had 12 out of 15 days thats been lovely since 5th july plus sunday morning was cloudy in morning we have had a max temp of 25c over 2 weeks i think personally its felt warmer in the sun and today the sea fog/fret has stayed offshore so not bad considering we have had a north easterly aswell the north sea isnt as cold as i thought all in all a half decent summery spell of weather B)

Posted

i really hope we don't go in the opposite direction after this hot spell, and we end up having northern blocking with horrible cool/cold northerly winds and slate grey skies, which seems to happen a lot after a good spell of weather, i hope we just see normal summer weather with some rain and some sun with temps around 20-23c

Edited by Tony27

Posted

tbh im feeling pretty crap that we are going to lose this glorious weather...ok i know its inevitable, but the chances of a re-load are small. ive had to wait 7 years for this, only for it to be over seemingly so very quickly... :(

• Like 1

Posted

tbh im feeling pretty crap that we are going to lose this glorious weather...ok i know its inevitable, but the chances of a re-load are small. ive had to wait 7 years for this, only for it to be over seemingly so very quickly... :(

yes i would be nice to get average summer weather after this spell with both sunny and rainy days mixed the only this thats spoiled it here in east is the consistent easterly type wind directions if it wasnt for them i think temps would of been higher here esp at night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

So the end of the serious heat seems in sight, thank god for that, temps in the low 20s is much more pleasant.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I just hope we get a nice August with any rain coming at night and temperatures coming in at at least average values. It doesnt have to be as warm as July has been (but it would be nice if it was).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Polite non intimidating ,knowledgeable ,and open discussion thats what NET WEATHER IS ALL ABOUT .so any wind up merchants take note or the heavys will be let loose .but some good posts this evening with plenty of info from modells and data to back things up .a slight pause for a breather perhaps saturday but a very interesting week next week with the possibility of some good action above our heads and plenty of weather related news a possibility .as always in this hobby things will change tomorrow ,but thats mother nature for you .Posted Image      and this for next week ,me hopes Posted Image Posted Image .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I just hope we get a nice August with any rain coming at night and temperatures coming in at at least average values. It doesnt have to be as warm as July has been (but it would be nice if it was).

Yes, whilst some rain would be very welcome (preferably in the form of thunderstorms, another weather type we've been starved of), hopefully that doesn't mean a return to grey, windy days at 17C. That would just be too depressing. Have loved every minute of this fine weather.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I think decent agreement on this dreadfully hot weather now to end at last, been on too long now, we are in the UK, not spain for god's sake

and hopefully a typically modern 2004 onwards August coming up, no high pressure, no hot weather, Atlantic dominated, and around 20th, a reminder that Autumn is close

• Like 2