Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I've gone on holiday to Ireland (the far south of Ulster) from the 14th-22nd and it's back to usable-but-boring dry and cloudy and 21C over here, though as the high pressure heads north it should become hotter and sunnier here during mid to late week.  Looks like when I return to North Yorkshire on the 23rd the hot sunny weather will still be ongoing!

Posted

People have been saying that the humidity is going to increase. When is this likely to happen? This week, weekend, or next week?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

Every time I hear the word breakdown from now on an innocent furry animal dies!!! Quit it already, no damn breakdown... GOT IT! LolDon't make me get the hose!

Quite right...when I think back to that God awful easterly in March, then this is just heaven in comparison!! :-) 

• Like 2

Posted

People have been saying that the humidity is going to increase. When is this likely to happen? This week, weekend, or next week?

I'd say its going to gradualy increase day by day and will peak mid next week. Thunderstorms likely end of next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

as tim has posted, slowly increase as the week goes on. the high drifts just over us, but largely sits here, with a bit of a continental feed itll certainly increase humidity.

Posted

I hate high humidity levels and find it odd that others do. Low to mid 20's with sunshine is perfect, if I want upper 30's I'll sit in the oven.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Feel sorry for the cool lovers. VERY HOT Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Feel sorry for the cool lovers. VERY HOT :p

It's perfect now it's next week Im not looking forward too. I can cope with high humidity levels in the tropics due to being in the sea/pool during the day and air conditioning during the night, but here no thank you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I hate high humidity levels and find it odd that others do. Low to mid 20's with sunshine is perfect, if I want upper 30's I'll sit in the oven.

LOL, though I thought I had already done that, feels like it anyway.

Posted

its rare to get high humidity in recent times, i am tolerant of it so i dont mind it, i actually like it, it makes cooling off pleasant. but it also enhances the fragrant plants in the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Been another cracking day here in skeg im not fussed if we get cooler fri/sat with low cloud as long as we get another shot with warm and sunny weather after its nice to have a break in the heat now and again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Loving the long sunny days-ideal for my golf and gardening activities.Just wish it maxed out at around 21-23C rather than near 30C that many of us are seeing.

Maybe it's my advancing years but i find afternoons and early evenings quite wearing and am then looking for some shade and rest so i try and get my hobbies done by lunchtime at the latest.

This is one time when those sea breezes in coastal locations can be so welcome whereas here in the centre of England the stillness allows the heat to hang around and night times are quite stifling now.

A great July for heat lovers though particularly if near a beach or pool and a cool drink or 2 within reach.

• Like 2

Posted

Loving the long sunny days-ideal for my golf and gardening activities.Just wish it maxed out at around 21-23C rather than near 30C that many of us are seeing.Maybe it's my advancing years but i find afternoons and early evenings quite wearing and am then looking for some shade and rest so i try and get my hobbies done by lunchtime at the latest.This is one time when those sea breezes in coastal locations can be so welcome whereas here in the centre of England the stillness allows the heat to hang around and night times are quite stifling now.A great July for heat lovers though particularly if near a beach or pool and a cool drink or 2 within reach.

Thats why im so glad im living on the coast its been a great few days here apart from sunday morning temps around 22/23c perfect summer weather the sea breeze makes all the diff im glad i moved from midlands esp when theres hot weather
  • Like 1

Posted

The Daily Express doing its usual MEGA RAMPING this morning. Sizzling to 2 days of 90F

Apparently this heatwave will also kill 1000s.

starting with hack journalists i hope.... <_<

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

duff heatwave.... another example of a cooler then expected spell. ever since the cold spring things have struggled to get above average. early junes week of sun was nice enough but cool considering the time of year, now this heatwave that supposed to rival 06 simply isnt. whilst some areas are basking, others arent. i wouldnt mind so much if 21c in a ne breeze was predicted, but it wasnt, we were promised 27c... 6c is hell of a wrong prediction at sucha short range.

Ahem..still a duff heatwave Mushy?

Posted

The way I see it, very warm or hot and anticyclonic with lots of strong sunshine within the reliable timeframe and then becoming more humid and remaining very warm with an increasing threat of thunderstorms, 32 celsius for london today and tomorrow, then nearer 25-27 celsius with an E'ly breeze off the Thames Estuary and then hotting up again, those temps in the high 80's to low 90's today & tomorrow could trigger a few storms across the home counties and parts of london.

oh yes, i forgot the whole population lives in the SE
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

oh yes, i forgot the whole population lives in the SE

Reminds me of the Govenments attittude that the UK ends at Watford and doesn't exist further north

Edited by Gordon Webb
  • Like 2

Posted

People more often than not give se bias!After all the models are showing London hot nxt 5 days or so so we all must be about to bake lol.

Posted

Bbc weather for here has temps 30c 29c 30c for next tues/wed/thurs thats some heat for a coastal town

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

People more often than not give se bias!After all the models are showing London hot nxt 5 days or so so we all must be about to bake lol.

err...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Most of England, Wales and Ireland look good with some very warm days in western scotland too. Could go further out where the heat builds and becomes more widespread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Most of England, Wales and Ireland look good with some very warm days in western scotland too. Could go further out where the heat builds and becomes more widespread.

Shetland still looks cool! ;) ;) ;) Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Shetland still looks cool! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Shetland is never warm :p