Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted

Oops. I was thinking that was low and high! For a week on Monday, I think it said something like 20-32.

Posted

If that really is just a range, they may as well let me do the figures!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i love this type of weather how ever its not nice for those people who like my self observing ramadan atm. Any long may it continue.

Posted

the only reason i want sun and heat is because i need it for my crops to grow and cos i like to get a tan, why would i want it to be 25c+ when im working or just doing random things, its not nice and i sweat all the time, i hate sweating, and the heat makes me feel tired  

it looks lovely out there though

Edited by Tony27

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Today was great, temps of 25C, dews generally of 3 - 5C and humidity below 30%, and a lovely breeze - perfect for doing outside activities. I hope humidity is this low all the time next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Finally we have winds coming from westerly type already feels warm outside

Posted

Every time I hear the word breakdown from now on an innocent furry animal dies!!! Quit it already, no damn breakdown... GOT IT! Lol

Don't make me get the hose!

• Like 3

Posted

This i def the warmest its been during this spell for us in the east coast its roasting sitting on the beach eating ice cream skegs the place to be right now B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I love Skegness. Nice to hear its getting some warmth just like we are just up the coast

Posted

I love Skegness. Nice to hear its getting some warmth just like we are just up the coast

cheers mate enjoy your sun and warmth spent good few hours even had a paddle and the sea isnt as cold as i thought u soon get used to it cracking day i was looking at some temp records for here August 1990 and july 1983 got up to 32c would love that again B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Every time I hear the word breakdown from now on an innocent furry animal dies!!! Quit it already, no damn breakdown... GOT IT! LolDon't make me get the hose!

Too right! We've had 6 crap summers to get thru, here's to 6 years of heatwaves! Gotta balance the books :)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

cheers mate enjoy your sun and warmth spent good few hours even had a paddle and the sea isnt as cold as i thought u soon get used to it cracking day i was looking at some temp records for here August 1990 and july 1983 got up to 32c would love that again Posted Image

This is the chart that brought 32C on 29th July 1983. It does seem a very high temperature for somewhere on the coast.

Posted Image

Posted

This is the chart that brought 32C on 29th July 1983. It does seem a very high temperature for somewhere on the coast.

Posted Image

yes it does maybe one day we will get some high temps like that without the dreaded north easterly/low cloud types sick of hearing them words this summer
  • Like 1

Posted

Paul hudson on look norths weather for week ahead basically the same till friday blue skies hot n sunny also said it will be the same for next ten days

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

i expect the non heat lovers will be moaning even more as the heat looks set to intensify, plus higher humidity will make it feel uncomfortable for some (it doesnt bother me).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl
  • Location: Woodham Walter Essex,between Danbury and Maldon 42 m asl

I decided last week,when the heat looked like sticking around NOT to put my above ground.pool up.

I wish I had now,but I know if I do,this glorious weather will be jinxed.

Shockingly.unscientific I know but Im not going to chance it,no matter how lovely a.swim would be.

Posted

I may have a moan when we get some heat and humidity, thus far it's been the most comfortable heatwave I've ever experienced! Especially in the evenings, its been very comfortable here.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I may have a moan when we get some heat and humidity, thus far it's been the most comfortable heatwave I've ever experienced! Especially in the evenings, its been very comfortable here.

Indeed it has...Just as it's about to get too hot, the sea breeze comes in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

i expect the non heat lovers will be moaning even more as the heat looks set to intensify, plus higher humidity will make it feel uncomfortable for some (it doesnt bother me).

What I find quite amusing is those posters in winter who moan about the cold and comment on the risk to life etc etc, yet in summer when we have a heatwave like we're experiencing at the moment they make no comment about the risk to life that a heatwave can & does have, instead they're hoping it gets hotter and hotter, go figure! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Please please Mr or Mrs Weather God..... Extend this hot weather right through the first week of August and far North enough to give me a suntan from North Wales. Amen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

I don't think it will intesiify

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

agreed today has been lovely Posted Image

Also may the haar stay away from us in the East

If low pressure forms over the bay of Biscay we could potentially pick up some very hot air from Iberia, there are hints it could happen. It could bring the storms you want too :)

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters. Cool wet summers.

Please make it rain.........

I am ticking off the days until the start of winter. Perhaps I am odd, but whenever I say that I do not like hot sunny weather people look at me as some sort of mad person.

I can't believe I am alone in disliking hot weather...am I?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

It's a funny thing about the weather - when it's doing the same thing for long enough we all want it to change eventually, especially if it gets uncomfortable or even dangerous. The summer weather we are enjoying now is great but it only needs to crank up another couple of degrees to become oppressive and unpleasant - I am already finding it difficult to sleep at night. After another 10 days of this I expect most on this site will be hoping to see a reduction in the intensity of the heat although its also fascinating to watch records fall......

If we only had a more reliable source of drinking water so we could get through long hot dry periods without a water shortage....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

I decided last week,when the heat looked like sticking around NOT to put my above ground.pool up.I wish I had now,but I know if I do,this glorious weather will be jinxed.Shockingly.unscientific I know but Im not going to chance it,no matter how lovely a.swim would be.

how odd.... this heatwave is going to last the rest of the week and well into next week... all i need is 3 consecutive days of temps 25c+ for me to put my pool up.  seriously, putting up your pool will have NO effect on the weather! lol

What I find quite amusing is those posters in winter who moan about the cold and comment on the risk to life etc etc, yet in summer when we have a heatwave like we're experiencing at the moment they make no comment about the risk to life that a heatwave can & does have, instead they're hoping it gets hotter and hotter, go figure! 

i moaned in spring, not because so much the risk to life but the financial impact it was having on me. i lost alot of income due to the spring freeze, and it was costing me money to live... this heat is costing me nothing, and unless it remains dry into autumn wont.

heat does cost lives... but not as many as freezes do.

well the models suggest it as the high sits over us and stagnates... however, even if it didnt, isnt this hot enough?.. and humidity is set to rise so itll feel hotter...