Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Yes it was too hot today at the yeovilton airshow, many were needing medical attention due to effects of the heat! Here's hoping it cools down soon, prefer low 20s, not temps close to 30, that's just too unbearable.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Can someone help me out here i think it was last friday i went to skeggy beach with the missus lovely day clear blue skies light winds i was sitting on a wall eating my chips when all of a sudden the wind picked up got very strong and started rotating very fast i had to run out the way and when i looked up i could see rubbish twisting in the sky above was quite freaky i thought it could of been a dust devil but thought it couldnt be could it ??

Can someone help me out here i think it was last friday i went to skeggy beach with the missus lovely day clear blue skies light winds i was sitting on a wall eating my chips when all of a sudden the wind picked up got very strong and started rotating very fast i had to run out the way and when i looked up i could see rubbish twisting in the sky above was quite freaky i thought it could of been a dust devil but thought it couldnt be could it ??

Must have been. Can get them any time it gets hot and sunny as rising warm air meets the horizontal wind, causing rotation. Don't just get them in dusty areas of course, just they are most visible then. Had a few of them hit the garden. Blue skies, hot, gentle breeze and then the wind seems to turn gale force for a few seconds before returning to normal.

Posted

Must have been. Can get them any time it gets hot and sunny as rising warm air meets the horizontal wind, causing rotation. Don't just get them in dusty areas of course, just they are most visible then. Had a few of them hit the garden. Blue skies, hot, gentle breeze and then the wind seems to turn gale force for a few seconds before returning to normal.

yeah thats what happened facinating things i just had to leg it coz sand was getting in my eyes n on my chips haha
  • Like 1

Posted

Geez, youve been wanting all this for so long and now you have it, its too much. Its quite clear you have a very specific requirement which wont be met 95% of the time.

read my post again i said i crave sunshine not heat, this week was very nice and pleasant with lots of sun which i was happy with, today was a bit too hot,  i don't see how my preference of 20- 24c is rare in summer, those temps are what it should be and even if its not wall to wall sun i would be happy with those temps, 17c and dull is also common in summer but sadly far to common in recent times, hence the justified moaning

Edited by Tony27
  • Like 1

Posted

The curse of the north sea cack has come back yesterday it was 22c already at this time this morning its only 14c i thought the winds were changing to a more westerly direction hopefully the low cloud burns away and wind changes

Posted

The curse of the north sea cack has come back yesterday it was 22c already at this time this morning its only 14c i thought the winds were changing to a more westerly direction hopefully the low cloud burns away and wind changes

The latest guidance suggests something of a switch around in fortunes, at least for the next few days, with eastern coasts clearing whilst mist, fog and low cloud occasionally laps onto exposed western coasts. That still looks pretty much the only real fly into the ointment for the south at least, then later this week it's all change again as winds swing back into to NE, unfortunately for much of the east coast just in time for the weekend. It does feel rather churlish to complain about minor stuff like this though given the overall synoptics. 

Edited by shedhead

Posted

The latest guidance suggests something of a switch around in fortunes, at least for the next few days, with eastern coasts clearing whilst mist, fog and low cloud occasionally laps onto exposed western coasts. That still looks pretty much the only real fly into the ointment for the south at least, then later this week it's all change again as winds swing back into to NE, unfortunately for much of the east coast just in time for the weekend. It does feel rather churlish to complain about minor stuff like this though given the overall synoptics. 

I think ones' perception on how churlish is how close to the coast one is and how prevalent low St is. I have said before I much prefer the west or SW variant to the N Sea variant having lived in places exposed to all 3 varieties.

With that from the N Sea its the persistence of days of the stuff, feeling cold and damp, the other two damp yes but not what I would call 'cold'.

Posted

The other good thing about the SW variant is if the north coast is clagged in, you can relocate to the clearer south coast pretty easily and visa versa. Also with sea temps now at 17c as you say it wouldn't feel cold, probably cool at worst and once it thins sufficiently to let the sun through (but not out) it can very quickly become warm. I was at Cromer last month and felt the full effects of the N Sea clag, which to be fair felt as solid as a rock.. must say I was not impressed.

Edited by shedhead

Posted

The latest guidance suggests something of a switch around in fortunes, at least for the next few days, with eastern coasts clearing whilst mist, fog and low cloud occasionally laps onto exposed western coasts. That still looks pretty much the only real fly into the ointment for the south at least, then later this week it's all change again as winds swing back into to NE, unfortunately for much of the east coast just in time for the weekend. It does feel rather churlish to complain about minor stuff like this though given the overall synoptics.

i think if you lived on the coast you would be the same yeah there good sypnotics but a continuous north east breeze and low clouds relentless its not very pleasant beleive me yes it prob will brighten up with a wind change and it will be in the west this time with misty low cloud so i for one will understand when they have a moan it is afterall the moaning thread @ shedhead i saw your post as i wrote mine seeing u have lived by coast Edited by Skeggy summer

Posted

Same here, misty start, still fairly overcast/hazy with a gentle breeze, not exactly on the coast either...

Posted

Well the sun is starting to punch holes in the clouds it feels quite warm n muggy now we dont have breeze coming off the see cmon sun you can do it!!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

No sign of a let up of the sunny hot days (and uncomfortable nights!) here in the West, wouldn't mind if it was a bit cooler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Now, it's getting grey from the west...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Now, it's getting grey from the west...?

I am west of you and it is still clear and sunny.

Posted

I am west of you and it is still clear and sunny.

Well that's just not fair, is it? I want to review the umpire's decision!Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Well that's just not fair, is it? I want to review the umpire's decision!Posted Image

errr, LBW? (all I know about cricket)

• Like 1

Posted

errr, LBW? (all I know about cricket)

Where's all this sodding cloud coming from!Posted Image

Posted

Where's all this sodding cloud coming from!Posted Image

cloudland? Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Another glorious day here, although cloud coming and going this afternoon. First cloud for at least 5 days i think.

Summer 2013 turning into a cracker for these parts - bone dry though; grass looks like it's been in the Med for 3 months!

Posted

cloudland? Posted Image

They've all buggered off, now...Posted Image 

Posted

For my post code in Northants, BBC weather is saying all next week with day highs of 26 - 27,then into next weekend and beyond four days of 31-32. How realistic is this please model watchers? Or is it too far out to tell?

Posted

For my post code in Northants, BBC weather is saying all next week with day highs of 26 - 27,then into next weekend and beyond four days of 31-32. How realistic is this please model watchers? Or is it too far out to tell?

One, I would say too far out and Two, I am near your locale and I bleeding hope not.

Posted

Me too. I was wondering what they are basing those figures on.

Edited by Rammie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Me too. I was wondering what they are basing those figures on.

Beyond 5 days they show the possible range of maximums rather than give just one figure. The highest value is often too high and the lowest too low. For example Northampton next Friday has a range 20c-29c.