Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

where bouts are u its lovely here in skeg still

gt yarmouth. its getting worse as well as this pushes further inland

Posted

come on be honest how many people are secretly thinking this is too hot and are hoping it cools down, but don't dare to complain on here as they fear they will be shot down, i wonder how many people are sat inside with the windows open or with a fan on, instead of actually going out and enjoying this so called great weather, this weather is only great if you are by a beach or by a pool, my tolerance for heat is lower now  before i could cope better with heat

i crave sun more than heat, tuesday and yesterday were the best days of the week here, it was clear sunny and 23c, today it is a bit too much, but i may get used to it as it looks like it will stay hot for a while

• Like 3

Posted

come on be honest how many people are secretly thinking this is too hot and are hoping it cools down

Yeah, end of September will do me.
  • Like 3

Posted

Our boys, aged 1&3, have watched more CBeebies today than I can remember in a long time, purely because it's too hot in the garden for them. Even with the paddling pool placed at the bottom if the slide for maximum amusement, that get hot and cranky, and keep heading indoors to keep 'cool'. Mind you, it's 27c indoors. :-)

Posted

it's probably better to sit outside in the shade than inside as even with the windows open it is too stuffy indoors, tomorrow i have been invited to a BBQ at 1pm and i will get all sweaty in my clothes sitting in the baking heat, my favourite weather is between 20-24c with clear blue skies and low humidity, but i would rather have 29c and humid, than 16c cloudy and damp with a chilly wind, plus at least my crops love this weather so as ever there are positives and negatives 

Edited by Tony27

Posted

What a waste of a sunny day. too hot for me to be able to go outside and enjoy. Instead I'm indoors with all the doors and curtains closed trying to keep the heat out. It may as well be raining. Roll on cooler weather.

• Like 2

Posted

Seeing as we are allowed moans here, here is a moan - it's too hot. You can knock 5C off for me and I'll be happy.

Roll on the low 20s please!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Well the worst type of weather is here... North sea dross, temperatures pegged back to 17℃ with low cloud no sun. Bring on the westerlies!!!!

Posted

i wonder how laser guy is coping today, must be hiding in his fridge, he may as well stay there all week

Edited by Tony27

Posted

see my post just now on the storm thread explaining some of this, also have a look at the Dundee sat picc visula showing the area of low cloud; you will need to register but it is free.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Im not moaning about this weather after low cloud and cool thru this week i for one welcome this lovely weather it is a bonus tho being by a beach got up to 25.6c which is pretty good for here on east coast just got home after spending 4 hours at beach even with north east wind its been glorious today B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I'm loving this weather as are my crops on the allotment. I well remember last year's endless grey skies, floods, crops rotting, heating on in July and all the other vileness. Apart from the last 10 days or so summer has been a cool, grey affair here so from a selfish point of view I'd love more warmth....preferably til September at least!

• Like 3

Posted

All through the week I suffocated in a stuffy office as it was hot and sunny outside then by 5pm it would turn cloudy. Now it gets to the weekend and I have to endure rotten, cold, cloudy, featureless grey dross all day longPosted Image 13C all afternoon with a dismal easterly wind. I had on a fleece and jumper and still felt cold.

What a detestable spell of weather. Just hateful. 5 days this summer have had less than 1 hour of sun and 4 of them have been weekends (9th, 10th & 23rd June plus today)Posted Image

All of these synoptic set-ups delivered better weather here than what this rubbish cloudy high has brought.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2007/Rrea00120070709.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2008/Rrea00120080605.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2009/Rrea00120090702.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2010/Rrea00120100708.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2011/Rrea00120110602.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/2012/Rrea00120120630.gif

More sun and blue sky on each of those days than any in the past week despite the synoptics looking nowhere near as good as the current set-up.

Edited by Richard2901

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

not too hot for me, it can get hotter as far as im concerned. we hit 30c here today according to accuweather.

• Like 1

Posted

although i prefer temps between 20c and 25c, i am actually annoyed i didn't reach 30c today, i have had a few 28c and 29c over the last few years but i can't remember the last time i hit 30c, it looks like staying hot all week, not sure if i will see 30c though, never mind 27c 28c 29c is plenty hot enough much better than last years dross

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

although i prefer temps between 20c and 25c, i am actually annoyed i didn't reach 30c today, i have had a few 28c and 29c over the last few years but i can't remember the last time i hit 30c, it looks like staying hot all week, not sure if i will see 30c though, never mind 27c 28c 29c is plenty hot enough much better than last years dross

I'm sure you will see a 30C this week, if the charts are to be believed.

Just looking at my iPhone weather forecast for here and chuckling...

Sunday - sunny spells 31C

Monday - sunny spells 32C

Tuesday - Thunderstorms 30C

Wednesday - Thunderstorms 30C

Thursday - sunny 32C

Would be nice!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

As a matter of interest what is the highest temperature ever recorded in the UK and Ireland?

UK  - 38.5C @ Brogdale, Kent

Ireland - 33.3C @ Kilkenny, County Kilkenny.

Posted

UK  - 38.5C @ Brogdale, Kent

Ireland - 33.3C @ Kilkenny, County Kilkenny.

Thanks for that. It looks that Ireland are on the brink of setting new records while the UK have a bit further to go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

come on be honest how many people are secretly thinking this is too hot and are hoping it cools down, but don't dare to complain on here as they fear they will be shot down, i wonder how many people are sat inside with the windows open or with a fan on, instead of actually going out and enjoying this so called great weather, this weather is only great if you are by a beach or by a pool, my tolerance for heat is lower now  before i could cope better with heat

i crave sun more than heat, tuesday and yesterday were the best days of the week here, it was clear sunny and 23c, today it is a bit too much, but i may get used to it as it looks like it will stay hot for a while

Geez, youve been wanting all this for so long and now you have it, its too much. Its quite clear you have a very specific requirement which wont be met 95% of the time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Max of 23.4c today but now the low cloud has rolled in to give a chillier evening but for the bulk of the day it was another very warm one. So much more to come i feel. The models just dont want to get rid of high pressure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

This spell has been prolonged somewhat by the model outputs over the last few days but I think it's still going to be another while before I get tired of it.  I have to admit that I found yesterday uncomfortably hot for a while, but no more so than I found most of last July to be uncomfortably cool, grey and drizzly.

I think some have a better heat tolerance than others so it's perfectly understandable that some are finding the heat too much, but it is true that you're never going to satisfy everybody and that some individuals are almost never satisfied.  The most pleasant type of weather for most people would probably be partly cloudy with some sunny spells, 22C and a light south-westerly, but those of us who like our dramatic/noteworthy weather events and a bit of variety would tend to get bored with a summer characterised near-exclusively by that weather type.

And yes, I'm all too familiar with that low cloud and 17C combination at South Shields and I have to agree with NL's sentiments- I'd take almost anything but that!

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 1

Posted

It is not often that Ireland is warmer than the UK but from reading the recent posts it is obvious that we have been several degrees higher over the past week and only today cooling off a bit in the Northern half, I believe the best is yet to come and records might well broken by next weekend.