Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Won't find me moaning, things are looking great imby for the rest of this week, long may it continue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Wow I can't believe so many are moaning about the lack of storms, I'm quite happy about their absence if it means we're dry and sunny. Such a welcome contrast to last year's monotonous rain fest!

Although the warm and dry weather is practical and usable, it is understandable that people are eager for something a little more exciting - after all, this is a weather forum, so don't be too surprised to find people complaining about the lack of visually interesting weather! Indeed, many people could quite easily label the current weather as being monotonous - although it hasn't been around for very long.

I'm also under the impression that many people, although currently very happy with the warm, dry weather, want any breakdown in the current spell to be with a bang, and not a whimper, and I'm sure many of us (myself included) would like the odd cooler spell, because days upon days of sunshine, while pleasant, is a little boring.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

Wow I can't believe so many are moaning about the lack of storms, I'm quite happy about their absence if it means we're dry and sunny. Such a welcome contrast to last year's monotonous rain fest!

The problem is we are getting cooldowns anyway, but not the short sharp cool downs  via thunder and downpours, but just boring cloudy maybe drizzley stuff from the northwest or northeast , Good job I have other interests in life ,  but storms add a little qaulity.

lets see,  an alternation between warm sunny weather and storms , or an alternation between warm sunny weather and  weakish drizzle fronts from the north.... oh its so hard to decide Posted Image ,

the outlook  seems in boring a stuck pattern again, giving average or slighty above in places with cloud and maybe sunny spells..Posted Image

sorry I am just having thunder withdrawal

Edited by IanR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

duff heatwave.... another example of a cooler then expected spell. ever since the cold spring things have struggled to get above average. early junes week of sun was nice enough but cool considering the time of year, now this heatwave that supposed to rival 06 simply isnt. whilst some areas are basking, others arent. i wouldnt mind so much if 21c in a ne breeze was predicted, but it wasnt, we were promised 27c... 6c is hell of a wrong prediction at such short range.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

duff heatwave.... another example of a cooler then expected spell. ever since the cold spring things have struggled to get above average. early junes week of sun was nice enough but cool considering the time of year, now this heatwave that supposed to rival 06 simply isnt. whilst some areas are basking, others arent. i wouldnt mind so much if 21c in a ne breeze was predicted, but it wasnt, we were promised 27c... 6c is hell of a wrong prediction at such short range.

Agree mushy last week even paul husdon said on look north about best spell in 7 years didnt even mention on friday that yesterday( monday) would be cool with low cloud they was banging "The best spell since 2006" drum we had a nice weekend but thats it even when it was warm the nights didnt feel like summer still had a chill in the air

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I dont live far from you, West midlands temps seem warmer, 26.9C max on 6th, 27.8C max on 7th, 26.1C max on 8th, I certainly do not want it any warmer

Posted

I dont live far from you, West midlands temps seem warmer, 26.9C max on 6th, 27.8C max on 7th, 26.1C max on 8th, I certainly do not want it any warmer

because yesterday we were promised 27, and got 21... thats not even close! im happy with 26, 27..

i love it hot, the hotter the better... im good at heat tolerance, and love cooling off in the pool!

Posted

Superb few days here, really can't complain, 27C this afternoon and feeling hotter with the humidity, very happy to keep this setup all summer personally!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

No ...rain ...for days...Watering patio pots. All routine now..  Otherwise not moaning..

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

because yesterday we were promised 27, and got 21... thats not even close! im happy with 26, 27..

i love it hot, the hotter the better... im good at heat tolerance, and love cooling off in the pool!

I've never seen a forecast promise anything mushy. Surely you you have been in the game long enough to realise that a subtle shift in overall wind vectors and orientation of a high pressure can make a big difference to the temperature - hence some areas in the west midlands receiving upper 20's whilst those in the east are in the lower 20's?

Posted

Too much imbyism in the model thread I think, had a few warm days in the low to mid 20s, high of 17 forecast tomorrow, rest of working week not much better, then possibly a change into next week...

Posted

Interesting 18z, most of the heat sadly looks like it's going to be east and south of us here in the north west. Still, if it verifies, no rain and temperatures ranging from 18-22°C is hardly anything to complain about. If only I lived about 100 miles south east!

Posted

the highest max here so far this summer is 26c which i got last sunday, i wonder if i will get a higher max than places such as Doncaster, Edinburgh and Newcastle this summer who have seen temps of 28c and 29c this week, it is very stereotypical to think that the south or east always gets the heat, its been a pretty mediocre spring and summer here thus far albeit dry, at least its been better in the past week, bar the odd day, and at least the models didn't overcook temps yet again yesterday for me, they were spot on by saying 24c which it was. many times in recent months they have overdone temps for my location

Edited by Tony27

Posted

I've never seen a forecast promise anything mushy. Surely you you have been in the game long enough to realise that a subtle shift in overall wind vectors and orientation of a high pressure can make a big difference to the temperature - hence some areas in the west midlands receiving upper 20's whilst those in the east are in the lower 20's?

yeah i know, should have said 'predicted', not 'promised', but under high pressure when things are more stable id expect a more accurate forecast, especially on the morning concerned! im just grumpy because i got 21 and not 27... lol

Posted

great 18z, looks hot from saturday onwards, this week has been ordinary so far here, i just hope next week don't downgrade as this time last week the models had it hot for this week and it hasn't been hot at all here, 

Posted

great 18z, looks hot from saturday onwards, this week has been ordinary so far here, i just hope next week don't downgrade as this time last week the models had it hot for this week and it hasn't been hot at all here,

yep same for here weve only had one good day that was tuesday the low cloud along the east coast is meaning while its summer everywhere else were stuck under cool and cloudy people talking about a breakdown it hasnt even been hot here yet to get a breakdown am hoping this time we get some summer weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

yep same for here weve only had one good day that was tuesday the low cloud along the east coast is meaning while its summer everywhere else were stuck under cool and cloudy people talking about a breakdown it hasnt even been hot here yet to get a breakdown am hoping this time we get some summer weather

Looks like an improving picture from tomorrow, looks like the low cloud will clear away. Winds will be more westerly based from then onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Looks like an improving picture from tomorrow, looks like the low cloud will clear away. Winds will be more westerly based from then onwards

At least it'll allow enough time for the water to soak into the lawn...

Posted

kool thanks cs the clouds are breaking today the suns popping out quite a few times bringing the temp up :) Edited by Skeggy summer

Posted

grrr... bloody high sat to our west...sure id have given a limb for these synoptics last year, but ill not be fully happy unti the high sits to our east... bringing real heat and thunderstorm potential.

lol... this post is somewhat tongue in cheek...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

grrr... bloody high sat to our west...sure id have given a limb for these synoptics last year, but ill not be fully happy unti the high sits to our east... bringing real heat and thunderstorm potential.

lol... this post is somewhat tongue in cheek...

miserable ole git Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Not moaning at all....even if it's the moan thread! But..........how long do you think this can go on for, before it becomes an issue rainfall wise? I work in Somerset, which had some bad flooding last year. At the moment, it just seems to be sunshine from dawn til dusk every day. Looks like that is set to continue for a good while yet at least. I wonder how long before the drought word crops up on the news??

Oh and could you all put water out for the birds, hedgehogs etc etc!!! Thanks.

Posted

Not moaning at all....even if it's the moan thread! But..........how long do you think this can go on for, before it becomes an issue rainfall wise? I work in Somerset, which had some bad flooding last year. At the moment, it just seems to be sunshine from dawn til dusk every day. Looks like that is set to continue for a good while yet at least. I wonder how long before the drought word crops up on the news??

Try this, interestingly still no June update, and the weekly link failed !

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/research/library/publications/33995.aspx

Posted

Lordy, temps in the mid to high 20s in the middle of July. You'd think it was November the way some bang on in the model thread!

• Like 1

The last 2 months here were above average in rainfall so things are still green and lush although the ponds and streams are starting to dry up.

I imagine aquifers around the country are still in good condition after the wettest year ever last year and a fairly average winter rainfall wise. Other areas have had a fairly dry year so far though and little sign of significant rain for July so there could be problems eventually especially with the heat and sun drying things out.

The drought orders and hosepipe bans will probably start just before the endless deluges and flooding get going, just like last year Posted Image

Edited by Bobby