Things that tick you off?

Overly friendly servers - i go to get my morning coffee at the drive through but there is this annoying girl who just does my head in...drive up and she shouts in an inanely happy fashion "how are we today?!?..well i dont know how we are i but im ok ..how are you?..she shouts back "im doing awesomely great this morning'.."what can i interest you in today"..well a cafe latte please .."would you like anything else?" ..no just the coffee thanks.."what about some banana bread?" ..no just the coffee thanks.."perhaps a muffin might work?". no just the coffee please.."we have some awesome fresh croissants if you like?" ..look for the upteenth time just the coffee if you please and thank you?!?!..then you drive up to the window and it starts again.."Hi there what are your plans for today?"..well i was planning to grab a quick coffee and do some work but im having a bit of a problem with that.."maybe some banana bread with the coffee might help with that?" ..it started with the banana bread so i will give it a miss thanks..."oh ok would you like a stopper in your drink?" ..if i wanted coffee to spill all over my car seats i would decline at this point but as i dont want to valet the car yet again i think it might be best.."great you have a wonderfully awesome day and i will see you next time"..not if i see you first..bye

• Haha 1
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People using this thread to have (un)usubtle digs at one another..

People who lack even basic manners. People who don't even acknowledge my existence when I hold a door open for them ranks number 1 on my "bloodboil 'o' meter". Ironically, I find overly polite people

Over the top political correctness, coupled with a complete lack of common sense. Prime example being a small town local to here. They've bought a new flag pole for the town hall, were choosing which

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Overly friendly servers - i go to get my morning coffee at the drive through but there is this annoying girl who just does my head in...drive up and she shouts in an inanely happy fashion "how are we today?!?..well i dont know how we are i but im ok ..how are you?..she shouts back "im doing awesomely great this morning'.."what can i interest you in today"..well a cafe latte please .."would you like anything else?" ..no just the coffee thanks.."what about some banana bread?" ..no just the coffee thanks.."perhaps a muffin might work?". no just the coffee please.."we have some awesome fresh croissants if you like?" ..look for the upteenth time just the coffee if you please and thank you?!?!..then you drive up to the window and it starts again.."Hi there what are your plans for today?"..well i was planning to grab a quick coffee and do some work but im having a bit of a problem with that.."maybe some banana bread with the coffee might help with that?" ..it started with the banana bread so i will give it a miss thanks..."oh ok would you like a stopper in your drink?" ..if i wanted coffee to spill all over my car seats i would decline at this point but as i dont want to valet the car yet again i think it might be best.."great you have a wonderfully awesome day and i will see you next time"..not if i see you first..bye

Reminds me of the toaster out of Red Dwarf except in your case it’s banana bread instead of toast 🥴

The frenetic build up to crimbo.... i hate it... by the time crimbo actually arrives in sick of it.... and oh...those frikkin crimbo songs... sick to death of wizzard, slade, wham, mariah , and especially the pogues...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Lol - not good pre coffee. Tim Hortons? They always seem to upsell everything to me 

1 hour ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Reminds me of the toaster out of Red Dwarf except in your case it’s banana bread instead of toast 🥴

For those who don’t know....🤣

• Haha 1
On 07/10/2020 at 21:47, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

the name gets the 'likes' whatever the post sometimes, just have to be a 9 letter 2 word username, last letter first word E, last letter of 2nd name R, other members would post the same, much fewer likes, get ready for this over winter, rep system perhaps should be scrapped

or use emotes to troll.

1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Corona! fed up of it now, just get on with it, live with it, no more lockdowns! say no to lockdowns!

no.

3 hours ago, Coopsy said:

Lol - not good pre coffee. Tim Hortons? They always seem to upsell everything to me 

no i rarely slum it at Tim Hortons..this was Starbucks

11 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

no i rarely slum it at Tim Hortons..this was Starbucks

She’s probably jacked up on their spiced pumpkin latte.... 🎃 

COVIDIOTS

All these social media "experts" who have an opinion based on flawed science and inaccurate "facts".

Its ok to question things, that should be expected, but to draw stupid conclusions based on biased unsound unscientific data is stupid.

To all those who believe this is some sort of global conspiracy theory, ill not waste my time trying to reason with you, after all, you cannot reason with the unreasonable. Instead ill just suggest that you volunteer to help out in hospitals, actually experience life on the front line, after all, if its no worse then flu, youll be safe wont you!............. No?............ nah, thought not...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People who moan about fireworks year after year even though it has been an annual tradition since before any of them were born...

Edited by Ross90
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

People who moan about fireworks year after year even though it has been an annual tradition since before any of them were born...

i dont think its fireworks per se ... its the firework season that now stretches for weeks.

Most pets hate them, dogs and cats tremble with fear...vulnerable people too like those suffering from the after effects of war.

I dont want fireworks banned, but i do want to se legislation to limit the number of days they can be let off.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

i dont think its fireworks per se ... its the firework season that now stretches for weeks.

Most pets hate them, dogs and cats tremble with fear...vulnerable people too like those suffering from the after effects of war.

I dont want fireworks banned, but i do want to se legislation to limit the number of days they can be let off.

My cat absolutely loves fireworks; he also loves thunderstorms... Either my cat's a little odd -- or his owner is!😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 18/10/2020 at 12:08, mushymanrob said:

conspiracy theorists with the biased pseudo-scientific "evidence" .....

eg the moon landings hoax.... utter bullstuff... they imagine theres evidence that disproves armstrong was on the moon... they have gone to great lengths to produce "evidence" ... ok, so wheres the evidence that the other 6 missions were a hoax?.. its strange they only try to discredit the first mission then claim "man never went to the moon" whilst conveiniantly ignoring the other 6 missions... idiots, the lot of them.

A neighbour said to me he thought the moon landing was a fake then I pointed out that 10 other men have walked on the moon, they fake as well? As well point out if it were a fake what was the point of going through with Apollo 13 incident? 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

A neighbour said to me he thought the moon landing was a fake then I pointed out that 10 other men have walked on the moon, they fake as well? As well point out if it were a fake what was the point of going through with Apollo 13 incident? 

lol..indeed... that trips up so many loonies who imagine the moon landings were fake... in all my years, ive only ever seen "evidence" against the first, never any for all the others.. point that out and they look at you blankly.

Also point out that it was the height of the cold war, the russians were cacking themselves that america would launch a nuclear attack. So why would the russians, who were watching the USA very closely, not blow the whistle ?  as if they are all the scientists around the world would be complicit in such a fraud... its ridiculous.

• Like 2

'like' rep system! sure member tries to 'troll' it, goes under 5 different names, in heating on thread, and others, obsessed withAtlantic252, Atlantic_252, Atlantic_253, Summersnowshower and thebeastfromtheeast

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

'like' rep system! sure member tries to 'troll' it, goes under 5 different names, in heating on thread, and others, obsessed withAtlantic252, Atlantic_252, Atlantic_253, Summersnowshower and thebeastfromtheeast

You are right, "obessed by atlantic252" reacted with a message on my profile yesterday...it was from 4 years ago!  tbh i thought you had changed your name, lol...

Something for admin to look in to..

Edited by mushymanrob
6 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

You are right, "obessed by atlantic252" reacted with a message on my profile yesterday...it was from 4 years ago!  tbh i thought you had changed your name, lol...

Something for admin to look in to..

Absolutely, would recommend anyone noticing this sort of stuff use the report option on the post 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not as such, but members that don't ever post about weather on a weather forum, why join it, never heard of this member before virus thread before

the Covid-19 thread has turned into the old political thread where its the same half a dozen or so posters posting the same stuff day after day after day

• Like 1