cheeky_monkey

Things that tick you off?

People who insist the seasons are determined by the man allocated astronomical calander, or by a weather type...

The seasons are a natural event, and are fluid, Autumn doesnt start on September 1st or 21st.. it gradually eases in and summer slowly ebbs away.  The meteorological summer makes far more sense, is June 19th really Spring?

The Anglo Saxons had a far better understanding and their seasonal dates were determined by Nature... Spring started in early February, because in most years, even cold ones, the first signs of new growth had started. Their summer began in early May and lasted until early August... that makes perfect sense as it is aligned with daylength and thats why "midsummers day" is the 24th of June... Its older then the astronomical date, and explains why midsummers day is only 3 days after the "official" start of summer.

Late August and the nights have drawn in, the berries have ripened and harvest is complete, that is Autumn.

Likewise winter starts in early November, straight after the bulk of the leaves are shed.. Late November and early December sees nature asleep... its natures winter..

So dont give me that guff about "summer in September", summer isnt a specific weather type, otherwise this year summer started in mid April! Summer like weather cam be experienced in September, but it isnt summer, if you dont agree, go argue with god! lol

• Like 2

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 16:44, Snowyowl9 said:

Masks....

"If You Think a Mask will Protect You, You are a Fear-Driven, Robot-Zombie Relative of Zippy the Pinhead."

They don't protect you they protect the rest of us. no one has said wear a mask to avoid getting the virus but they have said wear a mask in case you have it to stop spreading it.  Simple really if you have a mask on and cough the virus can't travel as far as it would if you didn't have a mask on. 

Anyway, having just been back on the motorways for the first time in months, what tick me off are people sat in the middle lane for no reason.   

• Like 5

My god impossble to wear a mask in this heat and high humidty you`ll suffocate,tried one on today no chance am I wearing one.

The sudden and widespread use of ‘uptick’. When did increase become passé? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

The sudden and widespread use of ‘uptick’. When did increase become passé? 

substitute uptick to uplift in North America 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The BBC

Now they have banned the singing of "land of hope and glory" at the last night of the proms... its even more ironic when the second line is "mother of the free" ... so now the marxist thought police who run the BBC are trying to silence us. IMHO that line should be changed to "**** the BBC"

Edited by mushymanrob
  • Like 1

On 25/08/2020 at 12:05, mushymanrob said:

The BBC

Now they have banned the singing of "land of hope and glory" at the last night of the proms... its even more ironic when the second line is "mother of the free" ... so now the marxist thought police who run the BBC are trying to silence us. IMHO that line should be changed to "**** the BBC"

my bad... i was suckered in by the right wing press. The trouble is that it was believeable as the bbc are so politically correct and preachy that they leave themselves open.

The singing has been banned because of covid, singing everywhere has been banned because of covid..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

People who instantly think everything's a teenagers fault as a teenager myself it is annoying that when i was 12 when teachers say you should do your work indepantly and then don't leave you alone and even though your doing well and get to 90% correct teach you the same stuff each year and you thrn doubt everything and do worse, also people bragging i don't mind but when they're bragging about something that is not the truth

Edited by Xanderp009

People who don't know the definition of freedom of speech. For example. They'll state their opinion freely, if anyone exercises their freedom of speech and disagrees with them, they'll cry freedom of speech in the sense that their freedom of speech has been infringed upon just because someone disagrees with them. They are still free to say whatever they want. In essence they're thick and think freedom of speech means no one can respond to what they've said unless they agree with them, a form of want to be censorship in itself. You'll often see it spouted on the daily mail.

Edited by Donegal
  • Like 2

Folks that seem to think that a brown paper bag renders a bottle of booze invisible... What the flock else does one buy, in an off licence?:drinks: :oldlaugh:

Drivers who when turning left, regardless of whether they indicate or not, swing out to the middle of the road. There is a notorious junction near here where often there is enough room to drive down their nearside before they suddenly swing left.

What's wrong with these people, they were not taught to drive like it, they have suddenly become very lazy, sloppy drivers.

Unless of course the turning circle on new cars has been decreased to that or a narrow boat!

Come on, stop being idiots, it won't break the car for another half turn of the steering wheel!

On 19/09/2020 at 05:00, Bob G said:

Drivers who when turning left, regardless of whether they indicate or not, swing out to the middle of the road. There is a notorious junction near here where often there is enough room to drive down their nearside before they suddenly swing left.

What's wrong with these people, they were not taught to drive like it, they have suddenly become very lazy, sloppy drivers.

Unless of course the turning circle on new cars has been decreased to that or a narrow boat!

Come on, stop being idiots, it won't break the car for another half turn of the steering wheel!

you want to drive in Canada ...after 10 years of driving here I'm convinced British drivers are the best in the world not even close 

• Like 1