Things that tick you off?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People using this thread to have (un)usubtle digs at one another..

People who lack even basic manners. People who don't even acknowledge my existence when I hold a door open for them ranks number 1 on my "bloodboil 'o' meter". Ironically, I find overly polite people

Over the top political correctness, coupled with a complete lack of common sense. Prime example being a small town local to here. They've bought a new flag pole for the town hall, were choosing which

Posted Images

Truly say for me it is a lot of things. But video games helps me to fight with bad mood.. Now I started to play some online games like fortnite, black desert and others. Fortnite has cool storyline and characters for me. Plus I found great platform where I can play it with other players and folllow diffferent stats of this game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

this is a an anniversary post of sorts..so i have put here..this is my 7000th post in 15 years on this forum in the longest running active thread i have created

• Like 2

Ant and Dec last night giving that guy  a free trip to Orlando because he kept slipping on mud....

Can you imagine being on the plane and people are asking why you on board? 

A little boy: -"It was for helping my brother recover his brain tumour. What did you get it for?"

"Well I kept slipping on mud..."

I'd be embarrassed! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2020, the worst year I have experienced by a mile, lost everything, all my activities/social things, no work currently, think this is worse than a prisoner on tag, feel though this could last a year, maybe used to it by then, who knows, but 2020 can burn in hell

So here are two things currently that irritate me:-

1) People everywhere including being interviewed on TV starting with "so"

2) People using on message-boards the word "woke" as a derogatory term with the aim of making themselves sound "cool"

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, claret047 said:

So here are two things currently that irritate me:-

1) People everywhere including being interviewed on TV starting with "so"

2) People using on message-boards the word "woke" as a derogatory term with the aim of making themselves sound "cool"

Kind Regards

Dave

How about those who seem unable to differentiate between quiet and quite?

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Sick of office chairs that keep breaking or collapsing when I sit on them. Had my latest one for 2 years and the gas lift has gone already. Always sinks down when I sit on it. Useless, and cost a lot of money. From now on I won't bother with these wastes of money, I am going to use beat up old kitchen chairs from the antiques shop. At least when they break I can get a replacement for £10.

2 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

goosebumps...... they arent "bumps" they are pimples... goose pimples...

you are showing your age now...? i think most people under the age of 40 no longer use the phrase goose pimples

42 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

you are showing your age now...? i think most people under the age of 40 no longer use the phrase goose pimples

its an inaccurate americanisation... why was it allowed to take root?..

• Like 1

Both of these scenarios have happened in our village in the last week, fortunately no one has been injured (yet) but there have been a couple of close calls ☹️

People who park blocking the pavement "to leave room for emergency vehicles". Is this so an ambulance can get to the poor bugger who had to walk on the road due to cars blocking the pavement and got hit by a car travelling at an inappropriate speed for the road conditions? Get it right pavements are for people and roads are for vehicles.

People who park blocking the pavement even though they have an empty drive just in case one of them 'needs' to go out so they don't have to swap the vehicles over. Get yourselves organised, get yourselves a life! Swapping vehicles around may take 5 minutes compared with the lifetime of misery that could be caused from some poor mother pushing a pram along the road being hit by another vehicle because she couldn't walk on the pavement.

It makes my blood boil - the bunch of skinny heads (Mr Angry - Steve Wright back in his Radio 1 days ?)

finding an old work shirt at the back of wardrobe..thinking wow i forgot i had this beauty...washing it and ironing it..looks great wondering why i hadn't worn it for an age? get to work this morning..notice there is a huge rip on the back of the arm..ah now i remember..pffff

• 4 weeks later...

On most modern trains you get door buttons that light up when the train is in a station to either 'Open' or 'Close' the door.  My pet hate is when ever i am on a train as it arrives into the station why do people start bashing away on the door 'open' buttons before they light up and sometimes its before the train has even stopped? 

Another hate on trains is when people put bags on the seats so others cant sit down yet its fully clear to them that they can see the train is busy and more people boarding. People shouldnt be standing up while others take up seats with their bags. 

People at ticket machines in train stations that buy their ticket but yet stand there in front of the machine for about 20 seconds looking at their ticket and checking it, while delaying everyone behind them. 

People on trains that dont let others off when it stops first and they just barge in. Very rude. 

On 08/10/2019 at 15:54, cheeky_monkey said:

people who laugh at their own jokes/stories esp whilst they are telling it ?

People who like their own posts on Facebook. Never understand this. They post it and then they go and press the like button to  their own post, why?! 

• Like 1

People who eat noisily or chew with their mouth open, especially when in public places.  I am honestly getting to the point of serious outburst lol

This is also my first post back here in a decade or so lol it irritates me that i have been so slack and that i forgot the password to my old south_holland_uk account lol 

1 hour ago, South-Holland-uk said:

People who eat noisily or chew with their mouth open, especially when in public places.  I am honestly getting to the point of serious outburst lol

This is also my first post back here in a decade or so lol it irritates me that i have been so slack and that i forgot the password to my old south_holland_uk account lol 

And bite their fork when taking a mouthful and scrape it off 😡

• Like 1