Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
cheeky_monkey

Things that tick you off?

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

was mentioned the other day, also today on model thread page 153

You know they could always take the first half of Greenland and add it to the second half of Iceland.

Or they could take the first half of Iceland and add it to the second half of Greenland....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you win a surprise holiday competition and the destination turns out to be Syria😨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When people feel the need to complain, start petitions and harrass people and their mps because they disagree with something that a lot of people enjoy. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ross90 said:

When people feel the need to complain, start petitions and harrass people and their mps because they disagree with something that a lot of people enjoy. 😕

your right they need to leave babe station well alone🤡

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

your right they need to leave babe station well alone🤡

lol because of complaints the babes are no longer allowed to touch each other otherwise the station will get fined or closed ...........allegedly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

idiotic spelling, quite instead of quiet, I mean what the hell? I knew the difference aged 6

Like sheep vs shoop, plural 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making bread, sticking it in the aga then forgetting all about until I get home from work starving and go to make a sandwich. Oh bugger! The downside of an aga is cooking smells go up the flue, you can't smell anything burning. It did fit the tin prior to 24hrs baking time.....

DSC01827.JPG

DSC01826.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite impressive though! I do love the cosiness of an aga. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Quite impressive though! I do love the cosiness of an aga. 

Me too, especially during the winter when I come home from work freezing, best bum warmer ever. It's a main gas one, the most economical and because it's in the centre of the house & all the rads have thermostats on, it saves us a fortune in heating costs, the central heating rarely comes on. Folk reckon they're expensive to run because they're always on, our energy costs went DOWN 38% when we had it fitted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy White's hair. Apparently he had a hair transplant sometime ago but it looks like a ruddy rug

Image result for jimmy white hairImage result for jimmy white hair

Edited by Weather-history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2018 at 16:42, jethro said:

Making bread, sticking it in the aga then forgetting all about until I get home from work starving and go to make a sandwich. Oh bugger! The downside of an aga is cooking smells go up the flue, you can't smell anything burning. It did fit the tin prior to 24hrs baking time.....

DSC01827.JPG

DSC01826.JPG

We achieved a similar  effect trying to bbq  a pig with a  garret Honeywell gas turbine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

We achieved a similar  effect trying to bbq  a pig with a  garret Honeywell gas turbine

Lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest thing to tick me off..... Smart meters.

Not the idea of them, but the actual meter. Supposedly designed to encourage people to reduce their energy consumption in order to help combat climate change. They're free to install - whoopee, we've all paid for them in the 'green tariff' part of the bill that we all have to pay. And don't get me started on that..... BUT the whole thing is bonkers. Each energy provider uses a different smart meter, so if you switch provider to get a better deal (as most do these days) your smart meter won't work and they want to fit one of theirs. How much energy and materials are used to produce all these smart meters? Surely they should be universal and only be replaced when they're broken? Have they not heard of embedded energy costs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jethro said:

The latest thing to tick me off..... Smart meters.

Not the idea of them, but the actual meter. Supposedly designed to encourage people to reduce their energy consumption in order to help combat climate change. They're free to install - whoopee, we've all paid for them in the 'green tariff' part of the bill that we all have to pay. And don't get me started on that..... BUT the whole thing is bonkers. Each energy provider uses a different smart meter, so if you switch provider to get a better deal (as most do these days) your smart meter won't work and they want to fit one of theirs. How much energy and materials are used to produce all these smart meters? Surely they should be universal and only be replaced when they're broken? Have they not heard of embedded energy costs?

It's not even as if they tell you anything you don't already know...If you choose to heat/light rooms you're not living in, it'll cost you more...:olddoh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

still cannot believe adults spell lose 'loose' are they on a wind up or what

Bit like the growing trend to spell lightning 'lightening'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Bit like the growing trend to spell lightning 'lightening'.

Where we're  wear jaffa cakes me off on social media

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The army of happy grinning 'Santas' who, with an incessant loop of ghastly Xmas songs, keep rattling their collection-tins at me, when I'd much rather just get on with my shopping!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people who have to correct spelling on social media. 🤷‍♀️

People who proclaim there are already threads on a subject  and to use the search function.

People who think they are eternally right regardless if it's wrong and won't accept others see things differently. 

 

Edited by Dami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...