Things that tick you off?

Ah you know, you just can't believe how rude and nasty some people are to get a kick. I have taken cashiers to the loo in tears, after having nasty people though their till, i'm sure if you could swear back most wouldn't find it funny to watch grown woman crumble.

I myself have had my share more than my fair share, of human shame, two proposals of marriage. and a customer who kept sending me gifts and wouldn't leave me alone.

You get to the 'i don't care state' after 15 odd years of dealing with it. nothing annoys someone more than smiling sweetly and saying yes sir, yes sir all the time.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People using this thread to have (un)usubtle digs at one another..

People who lack even basic manners. People who don't even acknowledge my existence when I hold a door open for them ranks number 1 on my "bloodboil 'o' meter". Ironically, I find overly polite people

Over the top political correctness, coupled with a complete lack of common sense. Prime example being a small town local to here. They've bought a new flag pole for the town hall, were choosing which

Posted Images

btw, people who diss supermarket staff more than tick me off.

It's a horrible job, one i did for 22 years. If trying to wind staff up to get them the sac was a game, i'm sure most customers would be pro by now.

nor have we less  brains. we have a job which is more than most.

Most staff are very obliging and very helpful and ive never had a issue in any store, but like Lassie said " If the manager opened another till, they could all go home quicker"

it just makes so much sense. it must of been embarrassing for the checkout girl, the manager could of least had words once the store was shut,

And yes i do understand that some customers can be very difficult with they expect the red carpet treatment and all that..... :angry:

But how this store manager deals/speaks to her staff is cleary wrong and her customer care is just onions.

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Having to buy a new light bulb for my lightsaber, it costs £300 :shok:  Talk about Jedi tax. :angry:  Luckily I got mine on the house, thanks to an old Jedi mind trick that only works on the weak, the stupid and shopkeepers. :yahoo::diablo:

• Like 4

Having to buy a new light bulb for my lightsaber, it costs £300 :shok:  Talk about Jedi tax. :angry:  Luckily I got mine on the house, thanks to an old Jedi mind trick that only works on the weak, the stupid and shopkeepers. :yahoo::diablo:

You used a Tory-Party election promise! :D

• Like 3

btw, people who diss supermarket staff more than tick me off.

It's a horrible job, one i did for 22 years. If trying to wind staff up to get them the sac was a game, i'm sure most customers would be pro by now.

nor have we less  brains. we have a job which is more than most.

That's why I always be nice to the cashiers.  On the other hand, a management twerp in a cheap suit...............................

• Like 2

I always try and be nice to serving staff etc, it is normally mangelment that is to blame.

browsers that skip up and down a page as it loads due to all the bleeding ads

• 2 weeks later...

the tube..not only do you have to put up with smelly scum bags and being crammed in like sardines..but again this morning get on the tube at Ruislip.. great its a fast service to Aldgate means I will be 15 mins early for my meeting time for a coffee at the other end..get to Harrow on the hill and its now an all stations train to Aldgate..bang goes the coffee but at least I wont be late..get to Baker street..this train now terminates here all change..thanks now im going to be late.. grumble grumble

• Like 1

the tube..not only do you have to put up with smelly scum bags and being crammed in like sardines..but again this morning get on the tube at Ruislip.. great its a fast service to Aldgate means I will be 15 mins early for my meeting time for a coffee at the other end..get to Harrow on the hill and its now an all stations train to Aldgate..bang goes the coffee but at least I wont be late..get to Baker street..this train now terminates here all change..thanks now im going to be late.. grumble grumble

The Met Line has always been super dupere, full of weirdos too. :D

People who open packets in shops. Can't they read the writing on the outside, indicating what is on the inside? Maybe all shops don't provide display models, but you can't do that for everything and I don't want your paws all over my shopping!

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 1

People who open packets in shops. Can't they read the writing on the outside, indicating what is on the inside? Maybe all shops don't provide display models, but you can't do that for everything and I don't want your paws all over my shopping!

How about those who wander around the supermarket necking their nosh before they've even paid for it! I don't know if it's blatant stealing or if they actually hand over the empty, barcode-bearing packaging at the checkout but my! - the brazen brass neckedness of it leaves me speechless.

How about those who wander around the supermarket necking their nosh before they've even paid for it! I don't know if it's blatant stealing or if they actually hand over the empty, barcode-bearing packaging at the checkout but my! - the brazen brass neckedness of it leaves me speechless.

Unfortunately should anyone eat the food before they leave the shop, they don't have to pay for it.  Basically shoplifting and getting away with it.

Unfortunately should anyone eat the food before they leave the shop, they don't have to pay for it.  Basically shoplifting and getting away with it.

Blimey! A loophole that poor folks can exploit. I never thought I'd see such a thing! :D

• Like 1

Blimey! A loophole that poor folks can exploit. I never thought I'd see such a thing! :D

I don't have any real problem with people nicking food if they're starving (ie those sanctioned by Jokecentre Minus) however the ones I see eating and drinking while walking round the aisles are anything but starving.  When finished they then carefully conceal the empty can/package back amongst unused items on display.

Sadly supermarkets can't give out expiring food like they used to do.  Blame EU legislation that demands such food has to be rendered inedible by spraying with bleach, dye etc.

• Like 1

Yes, I find that grim too. Even when it's kids scoffing chocolate. Can't they wait? Are they that desperate? I hadn't thought of the non-payment bit, though I have seen desperate parents showing an empty packet with a barcode - desperate parents in more ways than one if your child can't make it out of a supermarket without either a scoff or a tantrum, me thinks...

• Like 1

Is this true?? You'd think everyone would be at it except those who have at least one molecule of decency and self respect. Fortunately that's most of us. The ones I see doing it appear far from desperate as their trolleys are usually filled to the gills with stuff.

• Like 1

Is this true?? You'd think everyone would be at it except those who have at least one molecule of decency and self respect. Fortunately that's most of us. The ones I see doing it appear far from desperate as their trolleys are usually filled to the gills with stuff.

Sadly, it is.  Once or twice I've been extremely thirsty and guzzled a can while going round the aisles but I presented the empty can to the cashier for scanning.