Sign in to follow this  
cheeky_monkey

Things that tick you off?

They are loving but looks like they are misunderstood. The half eaten bird is a gift, they are presenting you with food, they don't know we see a messy pool of blood instead.

I eat all the gifts my little kitty brings me! :oops:

I eat all the gifts my little kitty brings me! :oops:

tasty. I hear it's very good on toast.

• Like 1

Why do people complain so vociferously about wind farms being an eye sore - yet seem quite content with giant, hideous cooling towers like the ones below?

182817_df5bb5a6.jpg

I mean, let's get real here - we need to generate power, and whether it be a wind farm, a coal power station or solar energy panels - they are going to be placed within the view of someone's house, and someone, somewhere, is going to complain - unless we build everything underground. Unfortunately for these people, the view from their precious little corner of the world just isn't that important - and if we pandered to this type of NIMBY attitude all the time, nothing would ever get done, we'd have no utilities, motorways, railways, or just about anything.

That being said, getting anything built in 21st century Britain is a mammoth task in itself so if it wasn't for the Victorians and their progressive ideas, we'd probably still be using the Horse and Cart.

Edited by cheese

But the visual impact from wind farms effect hundreds of thousands and are often in areas of natural beauty whereas a few hundred or so for a power station IMO ..

No one wants it near them but everyone needs its product it seems.

Don't have a problem with wind farms and see them as a modern day windmill like the many that covered the UK at one time.  Solar farms however are a waste of land, start a programme now where already built structures have SPv panels added to them and keep it going/renewed, it would just be a layer added to already made roof areas and link them all in, in fact why not make actual roof areas SPv enabled as default going forward.

• Like 2

Coal fired power stations with a commitment to carbon capture would be good ,but very unlikely with this countries disjointed approach to energy infrastructure ..

Coal fired power stations with a commitment to carbon capture would be good ,but very unlikely with this countries disjointed approach to energy infrastructure ..

ANY infrastructure...

Drove through a bit of Calderdale between Denholme and Brighouse yesterday. Hubby and I refer to it as TellyTubby Land - rolling hills and windmills. Short ones. stout ones, tall ones, thin ones - all availing of the UK government subsidy to build them. A flurry of planning applications now that subsidy is coming to an end...

I love wind turbines, but meaningful ones, built as a wind power station en masse and not ad hoc. Having said that, drove past my local nuclear station at Civaux today and thought hmmm 120km from home...good bad or what...

Drove past this mad place on holidayattachicon.gifimage.jpeg there's 5000 aparently :0..

I'm not sure if I can see them from my house.

depends on you elevation I guess ;)..

Pretty high but as they're about 6000 miles away probably not high enough.

I suppose that planning doesn't play a major part when it comes to wind farms in the desert and I remember flying into San Fransisco thinking, they're is a lot of desert out there.

Pretty high but as they're about 6000 miles away probably not high enough.

I suppose that planning doesn't play a major part when it comes to wind farms in the desert and I remember flying into San Fransisco thinking, they're is a lot of desert out there.

true and not to mention the huge solar collectors on the way to Vegas !!.

Door knobs

glass ones ???.:)