Sign in to follow this  
cheeky_monkey

Things that tick you off?

When a volcanic eruption which would cover the whole of the UK in ash, or aliens taking over the UK ,doesn't happen when you want it to. Now I'm going to have to go to Tesco, thanks volcanoes, thanks inconsiderate, lazy, laminate floor aliens. :angry:

Edited by lassie23

The term 'man-up'. Personally, I just find it to be a horrible term, which is sexist and confusing. What does it really mean to be a man anyway? Everyone is different. It's also funny how you never hear a term, such as 'woman-up', used.

(Sorry for the rant, but just cannot stand that term).

The term 'man-up'. Personally, I just find it to be a horrible term, which is sexist and confusing. What does it really mean to be a man anyway? Everyone is different. It's also funny how you never hear a term, such as 'woman-up', used.

I agree, DRL. I think I posted something similar, myself; too many pages for me to sift through, though.  :D

I agree, DRL. I think I posted something similar, myself; too many pages for me to sift through, though.  :D

It's a term from those douche bags across the pond, although they prefer 'cowboy the lettuce up' these days. Neither are welcome here (nor is douche bag) :D. 'You da man' Ed and 'you da man' diagonalredline for pointing this phrase out! :doh:

people saying an illness such as a cold isn't an illness 'just a cold', but you feel pretty rough. Same with being pregnant. I wasn't allowed to feel tried, sick or achey when I was pregnant, I was 'just pregnant'.

Until they get a cold of course.

people saying an illness such as a cold isn't an illness 'just a cold', but you feel pretty rough. Same with being pregnant. I wasn't allowed to feel tried, sick or achey when I was pregnant, I was 'just pregnant'.

Until they get a cold of course.

You are not allowed to get ill in our ever Americanised society, ill people cannot be slaves to the economy, therefore are deemed pointless to society. Unless a manager or company director gets sick, then it's bring out the flowers time.

Living in a tower of silence or dakhma on top of a hill I avoid most Americanisms ,but I shure don't smell to good :0....

the number of times I heard managers, tell people to take a paracetamol and have a few hours sleep and ring back and see if can come back later, *shakes head* I hurt my back and when i phoned in sick because i could barely move i was told I had to come in and do light duties. So i went to the doctors and got a week off.

This is an example of people taking the mick and we all have to suffer, be it illness or products not made available because people abuse them or they get 'blamed' for certain things.

Also people complaining at the drop of a hat, bubs school example of this but i've posted this before. makes me hopping mad actually doesn't tick me off.

Oh and dis-used park and ride car parks being used as a 'cheap night out' with music baring out from cars, noisy bike engines and people talking as loud as they can as well as drugs. 

Basically the over-usage of the terms 'basically' and 'know what I mean?' and fake Americanisms... So, basically, I guess ya'll know what I mean? :D

Basically the over-usage of the terms 'basically' and 'know what I mean?' and fake Americanisms... So, basically, I guess ya'll know what I mean? :D

To be honest with you, I get ya bruv! People whose voices get higher to emphasize part of a sentence. Teenage girls who have watched way too much American crap on TV do this. :wallbash:

Edited by lassie23

D  UGWAY :oops: Went all high at the end of that sentence. :doh:

I

k

o

Yo! There he is, my main dude M

Ah feelya, bro. Ah reaaaaly feelya!

You could get arrested for that. :whistling:

ooooh, agree about 'know what I mean?', you watch tv / listen to radio interview's and how many times do you hear that repeated over and over.  The whole point of the interview is to tell 'us' what you mean, not be left to 'guess'.

ooooh, agree about 'know what I mean?', you watch tv / listen to radio interview's and how many times do you hear that repeated over and over.  The whole point of the interview is to tell 'us' what you mean, not be left to 'guess'.

You should give LBC a try, Jax; know what I mean? Basically, the worst offenders are either far-right, far-left or conspiracy-theorists; know what I mean? It's a well-known fact, innit! :D

I'm a postman, so I regularly encounter people stopping in their cars and asking for directions to a certain road/business/building. I like to be thorough, so I'll make sure I give them comprehensive directions and advice, only for them to repay me by uttering "yeah" every 2 and-a-half seconds, whilst holding the car revs at around 2000rpm as I'm relaying the essential information.

Sometimes it's nice to see them take a wrong turn at the first opportunity after they drive off...

I guess listening is a dying art form.

Electric razors that cost £200. How do they work, I wonder: does one select the 'George Clooney' or the 'Iain Duncan Smith' setting and go to sleep? 3D Facial Recognition included! :D

£200 for a sodding shave! :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Noisy kids showing off how loud their engines can rev at, at eleven o'clock at night with loud music and shouting, in a car park not a minute away.

Top night out that, at least bubs won't have far to go.

Noisy kids showing off how loud their engines can rev at, at eleven o'clock at night with loud music and shouting, in a car park not a minute away.

Top night out that, at least bubs won't have far to go.

Teenage gangsters who say bruv, blood and are obsessed with shanking each other. :cc_confused: What a bunch of shankers!

Teenage gangsters who say bruv, blood and are obsessed with shanking each other. :cc_confused: What a bunch of shankers!

In my day, it was twats sitting on Yamaha FS1Es...rev, rev, rev all night!

In my day, it was twats sitting on Yamaha FS1Es...rev, rev, rev all night!

lol, FS1E's could screw 50 mph out of them !!.

lol, FS1E's could screw 50 mph out of them !!.

At a push, aye...I had a Honda myself (a four-stroke) but I never considered sitting on street corners, revving!