Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
cheeky_monkey

Things that tick you off?

I am having one of those mornings its only 6.45am here been at work for an hour and numerous things have ticked me off already today, so much so that im probably going to be in a bad mood for the rest of the day. so what things tick you off in general??

Edited by cheeky_monkey
  • Like 1

People that only tell you half the story...

• Like 2

Being in MY garden and being barked at by the neighbours' dog, happens every time it is outside and I am in the garden.

Pondering whether to go and say something to them before better weather arrives and we want to be out there more.

People that only tell you half the story...

Or a completely different one??? Posted Image

People who don't use indicators at junctions or roundabouts - what, am I a mind reader?Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 3

Or a completely different one??? Posted Image

People who don't use indicators at junctions or roundabouts - what, am I a mind reader?Posted Image

you would love living in Canada..i dont think most people realise that their cars even have indicators and even if they do they probably dont know what they are for!
  • Like 1

People who think that aisles in shops are meant for standing around in...Ooh, I know...

• Like 2

Any form of supermarket shopping - from the car park and people walking slowing along with their trolleys in the middle of the lanes/not stopping when it's clear you are half way out reversing out of a space, to the hoards of people who treat shopping as a social event (normally found clogging up the fruit and veg aisle standing around chatting) to people that stop dead in the middle of the aisle blocking the flow of trolleys either side of them.

Then, if I am lucky enough to not have suffered a stress induced stroke by the time I get to the till, the cashier asking if I would like a bag - yes love, I do - I've forgetten to bring my 'bag for life' every week since 2005 and my arms aren't big enough for a trolley load of shopping!

Lastly, to have the audacity to politely say no thank you when asked if I would like help packing, they then treat scanning my shopping as a race against me packing so everything gets piled up and squashed. Mind you, I do get satisfaction at taking particulary longer than usual to pack when that happens as it annoys the hell out of them sat there waiting for me to finish packing before paying.

And as for self service checkouts...

• Like 3

Potholes Posted Image

• Like 1

Liars and being lied to.

Tardiness.

Self centred people.

• Like 6

The M4. It's a loathing shared by most in the South West during the winter months.....

• Like 3

Caravans on the A9 north of Perth...

• Like 2

People who lack even basic manners. People who don't even acknowledge my existence when I hold a door open for them ranks number 1 on my "bloodboil 'o' meter". Ironically, I find overly polite people ever so slightly annoying. Go figure.

• Like 9

Any form of supermarket shopping - from the car park and people walking slowing along with their trolleys in the middle of the lanes/not stopping when it's clear you are half way out reversing out of a space, to the hoards of people who treat shopping as a social event (normally found clogging up the fruit and veg aisle standing around chatting) to people that stop dead in the middle of the aisle blocking the flow of trolleys either side of them.

Then, if I am lucky enough to not have suffered a stress induced stroke by the time I get to the till, the cashier asking if I would like a bag - yes love, I do - I've forgetten to bring my 'bag for life' every week since 2005 and my arms aren't big enough for a trolley load of shopping!

Lastly, to have the audacity to politely say no thank you when asked if I would like help packing, they then treat scanning my shopping as a race against me packing so everything gets piled up and squashed. Mind you, I do get satisfaction at taking particulary longer than usual to pack when that happens as it annoys the hell out of them sat there waiting for me to finish packing before paying.

And as for self service checkouts...

Actually i diisagee with this, My ex wife worked for years on the check outs and she had to put up with years of abuse from the public. And i've seen it for myself..

• Like 1

Actually i diisagee with this, My ex wife worked for years on the check outs and she had to put up with years of abuse from the public. And i've seen it for myself..

I worked in Sainsbury's as a cashier in the mid/late 1990's and never once had abuse from the public. But then, I was conscious of the things that annoy me as a shopper so made an effort not to do the same.

What reasons did the shoppers give to abuse her for years? Even now days I have never witnessed anyone giving abuse to a cashier in a supermarket Posted Image (even if I think it in my mind! Posted Image )

. But then, I was conscious of the things that annoy me as a shopper so made an effort not to do the same.

That rather assumes that what annoys you is siimilar to everyone.That's not my experience,

Able bodied people who saunter 2-3 abreast on narrow pavements next to busy roads when you're in a hurry.

A lack of manners.

Scottish football.

Disabled people who whip around shops in their electric cars like Fangio.

That rather assumes that what annoys you is siimilar to everyone.That's not my experience,

Well yes... hence never experiencing abuse from a member of the public whist working as a cashier in Sainburys! Maybe I was just lucky then?!

What annoys you as a shopper?

What annoys you as a shopper?

Women who leave little kids running around. I nearly knocked one down the other day with the trolly. Could have been quite nasty.

People who lack even basic manners. People who don't even acknowledge my existence when I hold a door open for them ranks number 1 on my "bloodboil 'o' meter". Ironically, I find overly polite people ever so slightly annoying. Go figure.

What do you mean by polite?

Folks that don't pick up their dog crap.Posted Image

• Like 6

Alan Carr.....

• Like 1

People who are nice to your face and then stab you in the back at the first opportunity. Usually done to ingratiate themselves with bosses. I've worked with those types and they sicken me.

People who are obsequious and creep around others for personal gain. In other words.....a**e hole creepers. http://forum.nwstatic.co.uk//public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.png

People who eat loudly and rattle crisp packets and crunch the contents noisily. Usually in cinemas, theatres and on trains.

People who let their wretched offspring run riot in public places like trains, supermarkets, cafès and restaurants.

That's enough grouching for now I think. :D

• Like 1